Attack quiche.

xrachx

Tuna one....
Big tub of vlf cottage cheese
3 eggs
Tin of tuna in spring water
Makes about 12 mini ones and will keep for a couple of days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Method.
Take a largish bowl and combine the cottage cheese and egg, stir well and add the tuna, fold in.
Pour into an oven proof quich dish or I use the small silicone bun sized bakeware for snack sized ones, bake in a moderate oven til golden on top, cool and eat...mmmmm.

You can use any unrestricted food (lean ham, chicken) then adapt for cruise.

Cheers... without the cottage cheese even would be good too (cos even the low fat one has carbs...)

Cheers... without the cottage cheese even would be good too (cos even the low fat one has carbs...)

I had something similar for dinner at work today, I left the cot cheese out and swapped the tuna for chicken, was lovely x

much better for Dukan... some ff quark perhaps in the place of all that cottage cheese might make a nice change...

Please can you let me know if anyone has tried this with Quark in place of Cottage Cheese please? Many thanks!x

I use 6 tbsp in the above recipe instead of cottage cheese

I made mini ham quiches with quark the other day and thought they came out fine, pretty tasty really. Went to make self some again for lunch and snacking through the afternoon - no ham or lean meat so used 2 slices bacon (opps) and then no quark - so had to use 30g extra light Philly... Hardly a Dukan success!

These were fab! Made mini quiches using quark and had ham and onion as the filling. Yum!

Thanks for the recipe Rach and for the quark tip Ellie :)

xrachx said:
Tuna one....
Big tub of vlf cottage cheese
3 eggs
Tin of tuna in spring water
Makes about 12 mini ones and will keep for a couple of days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Method.
Take a largish bowl and combine the cottage cheese and egg, stir well and add the tuna, fold in.
Pour into an oven proof quich dish or I use the small silicone bun sized bakeware for snack sized ones, bake in a moderate oven til golden on top, cool and eat...mmmmm.

You can use any unrestricted food (lean ham, chicken) then adapt for cruise.

Great recipe! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You ladies are so creative! I forgot to take the meat out of the freezer this morning to defrost ahead of tomorrow's PP day and at 10:30pm all I had available to make for lunch tomorrow was canned tuna. I didn't think I would find a yummy quiche recipe when I searched for "tuna" in the recipe forum. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I started making the quiches on SW, it took me a while to realise they were fab for Dukan.
I usually make a large one and cut it into 4.
I find they freeze ok too, I just leave overnight to defrost and then microwave. :)

THANK YOU!!! I've just done my first Dukan shop, and got a good size tub of cottage cheese (even though i've never really liked it...) and now i know what to do with it!!! Thannk you loads for the recipe!!

Now just to find out what to do with all the Quark, greek style yoghurt and fromage frais... :)

quark is nice sweetened with some flavouring in it... bit like cream cheese icing ;) or you can add herbs pepper etc to make it a savoury cheese like philly. greek yoghurt again sweetend with vanilla or other flavouring added :) and fromage frais is lovely with sugar free jelly whisked in to make a mousse yum yum

I have got 12 mini ones in the oven now using the 6 tbsp of quark as Ellie suggested. Put tuna in (the bigger tins hope it isn't too much) with loads of black pepper, in 6 of them i have put some red onion for my first day of cruise tomorrow.

I will report on how they turned out!

I have got some smoked haddock for later i think so it's a fishy day indeed.

I have made them and eaten 6 :eek:

I think i over cooked them, 25 min at gas 5, try 20 minutes next time. There was a lot of tuna too, and because they were quite firm they were like mini tuna burgers, still very delicious though. With that and a yoghurt i feel quite full!

I will have another go at the weekend with some different fillings.

Back