Attempting the diary thing again (not strictly dukan)

With your spirit, I can't see you being unemployed for long... someone will snap you up (and work you mercilessly!). Meanwhile, I hope you have a good weekend :)

I do hate this inbetween time, cant make plans, cant start organising a move as I dont know if I'll make one.

Hope end of financial year is contributing to the quiet week ahead.

Was rubbish in the gym yesterday, couldnt find my cardio mojo at all so did extra resistence. Today was much better.

Having a lazy afternoon, eating chook.

Yes that's the absolutely worse thing about it, I can understand. If you knew you'd not work until, say, May, you could organise yourself properly and ENJOY your time off... Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long.

Good on you for hanging in with the old chook too... Many would be comfort eating (or is that just me?!)
;D

Ive had a couple of comfort days ;)

Productive day today, dukan friendly tuna burgers made and less dukan but low carb cheeseburger pie.
Laundry done, calls taken, cvs sent.

Doctors later, lunch with old colleagues tomorrow, then all quiet.

Survived lunch out, had ham and eggs and palmed the chips off on the guys :)
It's boiling, beauty of a day, was just window shopping but had to leave as the mall was too hot.

No job news, following leads, nothing concrete. Had loads of calls yesterday but a silent phone today, grrrrr.

Been invited to another lunch next week or the one after, don't know where yet so don't know how friendly it will be.

Hi there Jaqys... hang in there. The perfect job is out there waiting... such a drag, I know.

I hope there'll be some positive news after my week's absence :)

Had a phone interview today and they liked me, seeing them next Friday so lots of time to prepare to wow them ;)
Not ideal location wise but not too bad (if expensive) commute.

Hope things are going well with you, and something positive came from the interview x

I do have some good news, job offer accepted, start in a couple of weeks, so on the arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh headless chook mode.
Looking at a room tomorrow, contemplating packing, moving my stuff to the parents, moving minimal stuff onwards to london,
sorting temp place to stay if I need to start work before I have a room, new work clothes etc etc.

Once I'm settled I'll be back on the diet. The new office is about a mile from the station so I'll be getting a couple of good walks every day :) Dreading rainy season.

Congratulations!!!

EXCELLENT news Jaqys :) so back to the big smoke eh? :) looking forward to it?

Exciting times ahead, glad it's all sorted out for you - no doubt down to your amazing efforts with jobhunting :)

so happy for you :) and looking forward to you getting yourself moved in so I can see more of you on here ;) xxx

Fantastic news good luck x

fantastic news :D

Thanks muchly all. Was flat hunting today, hope to find somewhere quickly, but no luck so far. More to see at the weekend.

Want to fast forward a few weeks so I'm moved and sorted.

the time will fly in :)

What areas are you looking at moving to Jaqys? I'm in southwest London but work in N1 so I get around a fair bit.

Good luck Jaqys, I'm another south west Londoner if you need any advice, but I think you already know what you're doing :) busy but exciting times by the sounds of it, big congratulations on the job, no mean feat at the moment x

I used to be in SW london, and will be again :)
Was looking Clapham, Wimbledon, Battersea, basically restricted by the train I need. As long as I pass they checks it looks like ive got a room sorted for the time I start work (or worst case a couple of days after, agents being what they are, sigh).

So my plan is to be back to low carb on the 17th I hope. Will try and keep myself eating normal portions, normal meals until then.

All going great guns Jaqys :) lovely to hear xx

I only know the areas you mentioned by name, visited London a few times, but never know where I am when I'm there...if that makes sense... :) probably doesn't - I think I'm oxygen deprived this morning :eek: :) x

Back