Attending Class

babybo

Hi have been following slimming world at home but to be honest have been struggling. Have had small losses but seriously lack motivation and keep cheating and then starting again on Monday only to give up again by Thursday/Friday, stuffing my face and then repeating the process week after week.
Was thinking of joining a class (this evening actually) in the hope that it will give me motivation to stick to it. What do you guys think? Am I wasting my money?

I'd say join, but 'shop around' to find a consultant you really like. Check out a few different meetings! I wish I'd done this years ago as a decent consultant can make all the difference.

I love coming on this site but it's nice to see other slimmers face to face too. I've done SW lots of times before but this time I decided to stay at group every week and I've never felt this happy about food and weight loss before in my life!

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

I have always said that I am not a 'joiner' and that slimming groups were not for me, but having once again reached over 17st something had to give. On impulse I joined SW back in February , and have never looked back. I can honestly say that A. I could never have done it alone, and B. I love having the encouragement that I get from my friends at SW and my Consultant who is fantastic.
I am almost 3.5st down and with a real target in mind for the first time in my life, and at 65 years old that is quite something.
I dont think you will regret it.

I love this forum and get do much advice and support of my minimins friends but I could not and would not be doing what I am without going to class. I need it to have that accountability and face to face support. I have a great consultant and it makes such a difference to me.

I hope u find that going to class helps of u decide to go :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

babybo said:
Hi have been following slimming world at home but to be honest have been struggling. Have had small losses but seriously lack motivation and keep cheating and then starting again on Monday only to give up again by Thursday/Friday, stuffing my face and then repeating the process week after week.
Was thinking of joining a class (this evening actually) in the hope that it will give me motivation to stick to it. What do you guys think? Am I wasting my money?

Do it ive made so many friends at my Group and have become my groups taster maker i make food samples to take for all to try its fab

Going to group is essential for me personally. I hate weighing in and leaving early, I need to stay. It gives me so much more motivation and the opportunity to help others out too. But as everyone has said already - shop around! If you find a good group with a good consultant I'm sure it will help you no end.

I love this forum and get do much advice and support of my minimins friends but I could not and would not be doing what I am without going to class. I need it to have that accountability and face to face support. I have a great consultant and it makes such a difference to me.

I hope u find that going to class helps of u decide to go :)

I am totally the same. Hats off to anyone that can do it alone, but I need to know that I am going to be weighed once a week to stick to it!

I am lucky that I attend a great class with a brilliant consultant so I too would say shop around a bit.

Once you're settled in you will pick up some really good tips and hints that should hopefully help you on your journey. Goos luck xxx

I say go to class, mines isnt about the support, i just need to know that im accountable to someone. So if i cheat it will show on the scales to someone else.. also getting the wee badges are good motivators.. i also like a well done too xx

Go to group! I love it, gives me motivation for the new week ahead and gives me a real buzz when I lose and its read out. And when you get a new award and a certificate it just gives that extra incentive! Got another 5 stone or so before I get to where I THINK I would like to be, but I know if I don't go to group I just won't get there on my own

Going to group is essential for me personally. I hate weighing in and leaving early, I need to stay. It gives me so much more motivation and the opportunity to help others out too. But as everyone has said already - shop around! If you find a good group with a good consultant I'm sure it will help you no end.

I'm the same lol I don't like weighing and leaving.

You should DEFINETELY shop around though. There's some great groups and some hideously bad ones too!! Can make all the difference if you have a good group.

Rochelle1 said:
Go to group! I love it, gives me motivation for the new week ahead and gives me a real buzz when I lose and its read out. And when you get a new award and a certificate it just gives that extra incentive! Got another 5 stone or so before I get to where I THINK I would like to be, but I know if I don't go to group I just won't get there on my own

I'm the same lol I don't like weighing and leaving.

I dont think ive ever weighed and left

Legomom said:
You should DEFINETELY shop around though. There's some great groups and some hideously bad ones too!! Can make all the difference if you have a good group.

So right.... I always stay to group but our regular consultant is leaving and we've had a few relief consultants, some have been good but the one we had last night was shocking. I ended up having a bit of a barney in the middle of group over whether bananas and grapes are super free... She kret saying they aren't as they font have the symbol and couldn't seem to understand that there's a difference between super free and super speed foods. Really annoying cos there was new starters in and she was dishing out the wrong info, she also had a plate showing the 1/3 rule but had it wrong with 1/3 free and 2/3 super free.... She might have been a consultant for 25 years but she clearly doesn't understand ee...

Sorry for the rant ..... Go to group deffo , but shop around for a consultant that suits you!!

clairebrookes said:
So right.... I always stay to group but our regular consultant is leaving and we've had a few relief consultants, some have been good but the one we had last night was shocking. I ended up having a bit of a barney in the middle of group over whether bananas and grapes are super free... She kret saying they aren't as they font have the symbol and couldn't seem to understand that there's a difference between super free and super speed foods. Really annoying cos there was new starters in and she was dishing out the wrong info, she also had a plate showing the 1/3 rule but had it wrong with 1/3 free and 2/3 super free.... She might have been a consultant for 25 years but she clearly doesn't understand ee...

Sorry for the rant ..... Go to group deffo , but shop around for a consultant that suits you!!

That's terrible that she really thought bananas and grapes werent superfree :0

jo-85 said:
That's terrible that she really thought bananas and grapes werent superfree :0

They are sf but will say they are the highest sugar fruit and so i do limit them and opt for speed sf foods instead as too many bananas and grapes i have found slow my own weightloss

cat yoyo greaves said:
They are sf but will say they are the highest sugar fruit and so i do limit them and opt for speed sf foods instead as too many bananas and grapes i have found slow my own weightloss

Completely agree. I rarely eat bananas, I'm more of a berry girl, I just felt the need to defend their honour.

cat yoyo greaves said:

Yeah I agree with that too, that's why they taste so good lol :) doesn't sound like that was what the stand in consultant was saying tho I don't think x

Back