August DVD Exercise Challenge

wow well done. what days are you having off?

Done davina high energy five legs section and shake weight. did stepper this morning too.

LVLLT (Does this stand for something, if you don't mind me asking?) you're doing well today!

I'll have a day or two off from running a week (usually Thursday as one of them as WI is on a Wed), and I don't normally do any resistance work which is why I wanted to do this challenge, so I'm going for 30 days non stop (preferably the 30 day shred but if I get bored I'll switch).

I run quite a bit and desperately need some variety but since I've got two young kids on summer holiday I can't get out to do much else (I'd love to swim or cycle). So DVDs it is.

Is your bum aching tonight after all those squats?! I couldn't sit down on the loo without considerable pain after doing Davina the first time
its worse this morning!!!
LVLTT my initals (sort of) I was a different user name till yesterday! I got it changed, nothing sinister lol.
wow 30 days on the trot. If it works at the end of the 30 and really toned let me know and ill be buying :D

20 mins lateral thigh trainer this morning, 70 leg masters. Claudia abs and shake weight tonight.!

I hope it works, otherwise its going in the bin!!! Never stuck to a DVD long enough to actually see whether it got me results!

This morning: 2 miles hill program on the treadmill (20 mins), Shred DVD Level 1 (25 mins)

Followed by WI which was a gain of 1.5lbs :( Not sure why so much, I was off track on Wed & Thurs but was an angel for the next 5 days. Was expecting a STS or half a pound gain, but not 1.5 :(

Muscle if not rested retains water to repair itself :D do you have scales that measure water?
Ive not done anything tonight cos im shattered been up a lot of last night dog nearly ready to have pups. will make it up when im off work though!

Ahh dog having pups - cute (and presumably messy?)! What type of dog? Do you have any takers for the pups yet or are you keeping them? (!)

Thank you - good to know about the muscle retaining water. I get stressed when people tell me, oh you must have put on muscle, because that's simply not going to happen in 4 days (if ever in any quantity!). The retaining water bit makes much more sense.

Good luck with the preggers dog!

good idea putting scales away Im a serial weigher lol.
She is mini wire haired dachshund and ive been up most of night and slept on lounge floor (well if you could call it sleep). exercise will be a no go today (ill pass out) hoping adrenaline will burn some calories :D

I think I'm having a rest day too - first rest day since last Thurs. But I'll see what I feel like this evening. Ex-hubby takes the kids away tomorrow for a week so I'll be able to run outside again, yay! Our dog will be pleased too - he's had so little exercise since the hols started!

Any pups yet?

Excellent! You had a go yet to make up for any birthday treats?

So rest day yesterday, back on exercise track today - Shred DVD L2 (25 mins) and I managed full press ups for the first time (well nearly full - I didn't go all the way down on all of them, but I wasn't in the modifed position on my knees)!!! Yay!

Planning a 40 min run this evening when I actually will manage to get outside (haven't been running outside in a week due to summer holidays and little children!).

Thanks. Sadly no have not had a go on it. However on the bright side I did do my Davina other one with the stomach section, yay! Also Got back on track today, oops very easy to slip of the sliddy slop. My OH wanted on Saturday to get me a white chocolate and rashberry bomb with vanilla ice cream - although initally I said we could walk their back about a mile and half. I have now sent an email explaining about not wanting to and being control as it will help my depression and stay on the wagon, so pleased as I am such a pleaser but I am glad that I did as it can mke me feel quite anxious!
Well done you on your exercises, keep up the good work :)

Well done you. I'm like you, find it very hard to say no, so I completely understand. Well done!

So went out for my run but didn't do 4 miles...I did 7 instead, and felt great!!! All that exercise at home has really paid off already! Def. going to keep it up as long as possible and its great motivation (given that the scales aren't providing much motivation for me at the moment...)

Well I completed the first section of Davina Super Body orkout - ad my God did I sweat my arse of, oh yeah lol
Going to do The Power of Three - Stomach section Sunday but rest and walkies today for me :D

Well done Ilovelife - do you ache today?

Quick update: yesterday I did a 6 mile run (felt tough after the run the day before) and level 3 of the shred.

Today I've done a 4 mile run and level 1 of the shred.

I have to stress that I don't normally run this much! Its just because I've got a week where I can run outside which is far more fun than the treadmill! So I'm feeling goooood....(and hungry, but that's the joy of slimming world, lots of free food to munch on)

what time of day do you all do your dvds, was thinking I should get up and do mine before work to get me going, but the lazy part of me says use that time to sleep and do it after work but I'm just worried that as soon as I get home I'll not want to do it!!

What works best for you all?

I prefer doing it early evening (I'm not working at the mo coz of school hols), but when I go back to work itll have to be early morning because when I come home knackered I don't do it! Hard to do it in the morning but gets it over with. Bribe yourself - that's what I do...something like, if I get up and do my DVD every week day this week - I'll have the weekend off exercise and buy myself a magazine etc.

Good luck!

Back