Total Solution August starters?

As an aside, did you all know you burn more calories during your period?

Didn't know that Dreamer. Is that why the body craves food at that time? Not sure how I am going to be when my TOTM comes. If really ravenous, would it work to up the meals from 3 to 4 a day? And do you think this would really negatively affect weight loss for that week?

Tinkerbellarella said:
lauryn Oakley is 1 and mr T aka Taliesin James is 2. there is just under a year between them, so oakley's birthday is the 11th june and T's birthday is the 17th.

How do you pronounce taliesin? I love unusual names m, not brave enough to go for them myself though!

Wow very close together! You must have your hands full!

This is a lovely group :) I love this site, everyone's so nice & helpful. It's definitely an aid to the diet having you lot here for help & advice (& just general banter!), who needs a counsellor!?

Dreamer said:
Me too, just got it today - been ravenous! As an aside, did you all know you burn more calories during your period?

V

I didn't know this either! We are heavier though aren't we because of the bloat & water retained? I feel really bloated anyway :( I'm on day 2 & have lost 4lbs so far which is amazing but I reckon it'd be loads higher if I hadn't of started exante TS same day as AF arrived! Grrrr!

the english way is Tal-ess-in it's welsh originally and they'd call him tal-eye-ee-sin which is a gobful! i found it when i was try to concieve him, and just loved the name, oakley on the other hand wass gonna be Rylan but sy thought it too council. huff. saying that he's often called Ollie most of the time. and i love unusual names, i'm Annika, (ann-ee-kah) not like anneka rice *eye roll* and i rarely hear anyone else with the same.

Didn't know that Dreamer. Is that why the body craves food at that time? Not sure how I am going to be when my TOTM comes. If really ravenous, would it work to up the meals from 3 to 4 a day? And do you think this would really negatively affect weight loss for that week?
I think your metabolism is higher at TOTM which is why you get so many cravings and is also why your body temperature raises slightly at this time. It's also why it's actually the best time of the month to start a diet as it kick starts you naturally! (full of useless information me!!)
So I finally made it home and was straight into my Veg soup with a few chilli flakes - yum!
Given the boyfriend instructions to look for BL bars at Asda next time he goes so looking forward to that. :)
I thought Ketostix, it was the darker the colour the further into Ketosis you were - been a long time so don't really remember. Just ordered some today - went online so I didn't have to answer so many questions. Boots mostly won't sell them to you if you're dieting as they don't think it's promoting a healthy lifestyle - so I was quoted several times! It's just a wee paper stick you pee on, I don't get the fuss - we don't want to steal them, we're willing to pay! Arrgghh! :mad:

Tinkerbellarella said:
the english way is Tal-ess-in it's welsh originally and they'd call him tal-eye-ee-sin which is a gobful! i found it when i was try to concieve him, and just loved the name, oakley on the other hand wass gonna be Rylan but sy thought it too council. huff. saying that he's often called Ollie most of the time. and i love unusual names, i'm Annika, (ann-ee-kah) not like anneka rice *eye roll* and i rarely hear anyone else with the same.

It's lovely! I agree - the welsh pronunciation is a bit of a mouthful! Ahhh Rylan is nice too, although Oakley is just as good! I hate it when our OH's have to barge in and spoil our name choices :D mines a bugger for doing it!

I know of somebody with the same name as you, just a different spelling. Hahaha @ anneka rice! I forgot about her!

hehe well his mum wasn't exactly imaginative! still isn't.... i got to go visit the weeble tomorrow. i have the ultimate monster in law. she kind and sweet and lovely, to the kids, nice to my face and *****es about me behind my back. kinda glad that T threw up a belly full of booby juice in her cleavage as a baby. wtg son!lol but i can't over complain, she had adam for a week last week and she is having the 2 girls for a week this week, god send. they are driving me insane, stroppy tweenagers that love to.

scream
shout
fight
argue
shout some more
steal my make up
steal my clothes
and
backanswer! grrrrrrr

this is my first break from them in about 7 years, is it bad that i am looking forward to it?

willow01 said:
I think your metabolism is higher at TOTM which is why you get so many cravings and is also why your body temperature raises slightly at this time. It's also why it's actually the best time of the month to start a diet as it kick starts you naturally! (full of useless information me!!

Wow really? Yay I've done the right thing (for once!) then! Woohooo! I was seriously starting to think I was nuts by starting a VLCD same say as TOTM!

Wow really? Yay I've done the right thing (for once!) then! Woohooo! I was seriously starting to think I was nuts by starting a VLCD same say as TOTM!
Yes, you've done the right thing! Might be nuts too but that's another conversation! ;)

Sorry to bring the conversation back to bum stuff (many pages ago for any newbies) but is anyone else having non stop wind???? :eek:

this is my first break from them in about 7 years, is it bad that i am looking forward to it?

Nope, we all need a break now and then. And you'll miss them when they are not there! I have booked a break at Champneys to get away for some R&R time. I go next Tuesday and cannot wait. Two days away from the children and OH to do what I please. But I will be glad to get back to them at the end of it. :)

I like unusual names - I am a Rosalind but go by Roz unless I am in trouble :D - my user name on here was because Roz was gone lol and I love cats so Katt it is :)

lauryn it could be worse, some people get *the appetite* that's dangerous in this household.....

got a question now. 1st st off. who's treating themselves and to what?

i'm going in ann summers for my first ever 'not from pradamark' matching undies. and him indoors is paying.....

I think you need a break especially doing this diet! I don't have any children - maybe one day :)

Well I started just after my TOTM lol once I thought the chocolate cravings had gone!

Sorry to bring the conversation back to bum stuff (many pages ago for any newbies) but is anyone else having non stop wind???? :eek:

Yes, sort of. Not the farting variety but lots of windy noises coming from my stomach! I also haven't had any constipation. In fact the other way, how do you put that nicely?!....errrmmmmm, soft?! :ashamed0005:

Shoes...shoes and shoes :D

Nope, we all need a break now and then. And you'll miss them when they are not there! I have booked a break at Champneys to get away for some R&R time. I go next Tuesday and cannot wait. Two days away from the children and OH to do what I please. But I will be glad to get back to them at the end of it. :)

maybe. i intend to go in their room, like a ghostbuster armed with a hoover and a bin bag, and rat out all the crap. they just seem to hoard 'stuff'. magpies the pair of em. love em lots just today they have really pushed every single button. my boys are really quite easy, but my girls make up for it by being hard work.

My name is Suzanne, not very original, but my username, Willow, is my cat! She will probably become my profile picture as well. :)

As for treats, I have a holiday booked at the end of the month so am waiting as late as possible before I go and treat myself to some swimwear etc.

Yes, sort of. Not the farting variety but lots of windy noises coming from my stomach! I also haven't had any constipation. In fact the other way, how do you put that nicely?!....errrmmmmm, soft?! :ashamed0005:
Ooooh! I'm fine in the toilet department, just very windy! Boyfriend finds it hilarious!! Big kid that he is!!

lol i know my tummy makes the creepiest noises. i'm too afraid to fart in case i follow thru.....

My name is not very common. Don't like it much but it is what the parents lumbered me with! It is Lavinia. Username is pretty self explanatory, I want to be thinner! ;-)

Back