Total Solution August starters?

Dreamer said:
Ah, I keep mock gluten in the house (a high protein, low carb food that I really like) just in case I stray. I find it helps to have emergency foods somewhere around that won't throw me out of ketosis

What is this mock gluten? I've never heard of it! Is it very high on cals?

Katt & Willow - you sure you're not both the same person!? ;) or long lost twins lol!

Spooky!! :fear:

LOL Willow I would have wanted to hit them too or grab what they were eating and throw it out the window lol - don't think that would go down very well though :D

Wow 70lbs is fantastic for week one - lets see if we can do better next week!!

Tink I hope things settle down for you and you get back into it - I have been 100% for 11 days and do still get hungry. Your body does everything it can to get you eat when it thinks you are starving it :( but look how far you have come a few more weeks of feeling hungry have got to be worth getting to where you want to be ;)

Well done Ellie, you are doing great!!

Katt & Willow - you sure you're not both the same person!? ;) or long lost twins lol!

Thanks a thinner me! And loving the combined weight loss comparison! 70lbs, that's amazing! Well done everyone! x

I did wonder that myself but she's younger than me!! :-( Funnily enough our usernames are both because of our cats too - mine's called Willow!

I love that we've lost the weight of an Irish Setter - where do you get them from Thinner Me?? :D

Way to go Ellie :)

Tinkerbellarella and Lauryn, they're tins of mock duck, mock pork, mock chicken and are the leftover protein from flour (with the carbs removed) - so if you have a wheat or gluten intolerance they're no good. But otherwise 1 tin is about 309 calories (about 1.5 Exante packs), 42g protein, 15g carbs (much more protein, less carbs than an Exante pack). I'll often have 2 Exante packs and half a tin, or 1 Exante pack and 1 tin. It just lets me eat without coming out of ketosis - I just boil the product with the sauce till it boils dry - it reminds me what sticky back ribs look like (although I have no idea what they taste like as I've been veggie since I was 3). You get the tins in some big Tesco stores, and in pretty much all Chinese stores - not everyone's cup of tea, but they're worth trying and store well (over a year usually).

That's day 2 mostly complete and it was easier than day 1. I even sat in the staff room today whilst everyone ate their lunch and I wasn't tempted one bit :)

Well done Ellie! And there's me a week further on, just about to kill some young guys for eating burgers! Lol!

I did wonder that myself but she's younger than me!! :-( Funnily enough our usernames are both because of our cats too - mine's called Willow!

I love that we've lost the weight of an Irish Setter - where do you get them from Thinner Me?? :D

LOL we must just think along the same lines :p

lauryn said:
Soooo I know it's a bit early to be even contemplating doing this on only week 2... buuuuuut OH has surprised me with a night out to a comedy club on Saturday with a couple of our close friends! I've put my foot down at going for a meal beforehand, but would it be sooooo bad if I had a gin or 5!? Maybe do a slight WS day so I'm not drinking totally on an empty stomach?? Arghhh I don't know what to do :(

I drank d first time doin this an omg was sooooooo drunk was sick n everythin an that was wit 3 glasses of wine! In my bil house so embarrassing!fill up ur tummy before hand! Oh and d hangover was three times worse than ever

lauryn said:
I know I've seen it, it's dangerous apparently to drink on this diet! And alcohol really kicks you out of ketosis too....!! Is it worth the risk!?

Has anyone here done a WS day, or had a drink (or 5!)? If so, how did you find it?

A WS day is no use for alcohol. If you're going to drink you need to get yourself right out of ketosis before you do. I have carbs for lunch and that tends to be enough to let me drink at night

Please don't take any risks with drink it's not worth it x

Sorry tryin catch up on all d posts lol!
Oh tink no1 gas ever said any of them to me! I'd bloody kill them if they said anythin like that!!
I get d grannies lookin at me all disapproved! Few smart comments! But feck them!

MrsMoose said:
I drank d first time doin this an omg was sooooooo drunk was sick n everythin an that was wit 3 glasses of wine! In my bil house so embarrassing!fill up ur tummy before hand! Oh and d hangover was three times worse than ever

Starlight said:
A WS day is no use for alcohol. If you're going to drink you need to get yourself right out of ketosis before you do. I have carbs for lunch and that tends to be enough to let me drink at night

Please don't take any risks with drink it's not worth it x

Thanks ladies!

Hmmm maybe I'll hold off the alcohol then, I don't need it to have a good time! I'll be at a comedy club anyway so will already be giggling like a mad person!

Huffage. 1lb on. That's on 4 packs a day. I'm on friday and the same weight as last wi. I could cry. Gonna be dead strict, 3 packs, black coffee and water. I'm so gutted it's unreal.

1st lost so far! 11st 13lbs!!! (updated daily)

Don't be too down on yourself Hun body weight fluctuates daily remember how far you've already come chin up xx

Sent from my iPhone love n hugs Kel xx

Yeah i know but i wonder if 4 packs a day isn't low enough for ketosis for me. So today i am gonna be strict. Got the iceland shop to do and i am buying 14 bottles of perfectly clear flavoured water so theres my flavoured water intake sorted. Then i'm just gonna drink the darn hunger away.

I generally allow meself to be pee'd off then come back with a bit of a
Fight. The fight hasn't kicked in yet...lol

Hey tink,

Dont worry just imAgine by this time nxt wk that 1lb will b gne plus more :)
Btw r we allowed perfectly clear sparkling?? Iv just been havin the sainsburys one but if we are thats fab as iceland is much closer 4 me!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's the still one hunnie. The kiwi and strawberry or the apple. Not checked the sparkling, but for anyone caught out and about boots shapers still strawberry and kiwi is also allowed. And yeah i know but i sort of have a deadline on the 28th september i am having surgery to repair my massive umbilical hernia. Then i have to have officially 3 months off. But i heal quick so it will be far less. I have a month and a half to drop 2 1/2 st. Eeeek!

Ohhh Tink ((hugs)) it'll soon come off hun, get that fight back in ya! :D

Morning everyone... well I'm a grump today! My scales gives me st, lbs & ozs and I've only lost 3/4's of a lb since yesterday! I know it's only a 1/4 off a lb, my usual daily loss, but I'm annoyed all the same! Thought I'd have another good loss this week as it was TOTM last week :(

Tinkerbellarella said:
It's the still one hunnie. The kiwi and strawberry or the apple. Not checked the sparkling, but for anyone caught out and about boots shapers still strawberry and kiwi is also allowed. And yeah i know but i sort of have a deadline on the 28th september i am having surgery to repair my massive umbilical hernia. Then i have to have officially 3 months off. But i heal quick so it will be far less. I have a month and a half to drop 2 1/2 st. Eeeek!

Hi tink sorry to hear about your operation. (not medical advise following obviously) but I had 3 major ops since end Jan with a total of 11 hours under and been really Ill for 6 months . Despite advise I started exante a week after my last op and while I have been sensible I believe it has helped immensely with the healing ..., getting rid of toxins from drugs and boosting my immunity . I am sure you will recover quickly going into it healthy and starting back when you are ready will help you heal . Listen to your body ( not obviously the brain screaming for chocolate !!)

Ohhh Tink ((hugs)) it'll soon come off hun, get that fight back in ya! :D

Morning everyone... well I'm a grump today! My scales gives me st, lbs & ozs and I've only lost 3/4's of a lb since yesterday! I know it's only a 1/4 off a lb, my usual daily loss, but I'm annoyed all the same! Thought I'd have another good loss this week as it was TOTM last week :(

Morning! I'm in a grump too - shouldn't have weighed myself again this morning but I'm the same as two mornings ago!! And my TOTM has kicked in two weeks early so in pain too!! Over half way through the week, been 100% since day 1 and only 2lbs gone so far. I know it's better than nothing but a bit frustrated!
On the bright side, the OH came home with some of the Asda MU bars so one of them to look forward to for my lunch! :)

Just started day 2.

Day 1 was very difficult, up until evening time.

I had started the day with a shake, then another in the afternoon, and was so antsy I couldn't concentrate on anything but hunger :eek:

When I got home I had my first 'Bar' and I was absolutely fine for the rest of the evening! :confused:

Same today so far.

Had my first shake and feel very hungry still - I really hope this feeling wears off a little soon :eek:

Day 3 for me today and im in ketosis yipeee was so happy when my stick turned pink, my husband thought i was crazy.
Does anyone else get on their scales far too often i have been on the first thing every morning since starting this i often want to get them out at night but have to stop myself im getting obsessed, roll on tuesday when i will do my first official weeks loss xxx

Back