AuntyPasty’s One Week Food Diary

Congratulations!!...That's a brilliant loss this week!. We had a grand time shopping yesterday, the trolley will be making an appearance every week!. I ended up making a stew last night, it was yummy..I'm saving your Chilli Chicken recipe for my Sunday dinner now. Well, me & my little boy ended up at the doctor today and we have throat infections (and he has a chest one too, poor thing)..so I had to part with €120 for the doctor and medicine :cry:. I saw those yoghurts but I think I best wait until next payday before investing in anything..my credit card might ignite in to flames if I use it again!!. We're going to have a lazy day today, I'm going to put on Shrek in a minute and then while he's watching it-I'm going to search for a recipe for Haddock for tonight..it was on special offer yesterday and I couldn't resist.
Bet you're delighted today after that weigh-in!.

Hi Emmaline!
I haven't got a clue really about baking but pies sound nice as a family meal. Can I ask if you make it up, part-cook and then freeze it..or do you make the pastry and filling seperately, de-frost and then assemble it on the day?. I bought a flan dish recently because I saw a lovely low-fat recipe for a quiche but when I went to make it, I didn't have 'baking beans'. Any suggestions on what I can use?.

Hi Emmaline, Sunday's are the usual baking day, I just leave out all the unhealthy bakes now (not quite as much fun, I have to say) but helps to organise a whole week with family and work.

Thanks Auntypasty,
We're doing a lot better today..stuffed full of antibiotics!. How's your week going?. I'm dying for you and Emmaline to fill me in on these delicious bakes!. I make my 'pies' by just topping the filling with mash. Do you use Filo pastry at all?. Hope you had a nice day today and sneaked a few glasses of red wine in ;)

I dont make pies at the moment cos of the fat content perhaps Emmaline has some low fat ideas the only thing i do make is a pastryless quiche just make quiche as normal but double the egg content so it is firmer line the tin/dish with greaseproof paper so it doesnt stick, chill after baking, slice and serve with salads try salmon and broccoli yummmm

was concern about weight this week as we went to a high calorie dinner party last week where you really cant control the calories unless you just eat the tablecloth!! but still managed to shed a pound!!

well done!!! i love it when weight loss happens despite the odds!:)

Hi Emmaline!
I haven't got a clue really about baking but pies sound nice as a family meal. Can I ask if you make it up, part-cook and then freeze it..or do you make the pastry and filling seperately, de-frost and then assemble it on the day?. I bought a flan dish recently because I saw a lovely low-fat recipe for a quiche but when I went to make it, I didn't have 'baking beans'. Any suggestions on what I can use?.

The pies I used to bake were just made out of shortcrust pastry with any filling that took my fancy at the time - that was when my family was young so no fat free stuff, I'm afraid. As for the "baking beans" I use any sort of dried beans I have at the time, osually the kidney beans which can be used as normal afterwards.

Hi Emmaline, Sunday's are the usual baking day, I just leave out all the unhealthy bakes now (not quite as much fun, I have to say) but helps to organise a whole week with family and work.

Sundays used to be mine too but now have plenty of time but to be honest don't really do much in the way of pies etc. now. My D makes me a large lasagne (which she is a wizz at) when she visits which I then cut into slices and put into the freezer. Work out the calories for each item used, add it all up and divide into cals, etc., per ounce and then weigh each portion as I use it to get the correct cals for that day.

Fanatical or what!!?!..:D

LOL yes Bexshaw was begining to wish i had eaten the tablecloth before i stood on the scales and then was so shocked to have lost a pound but will be extra careful this week so that it doesnt reapear this week instead.

follow my weight loss every week on this entry

starting weight 18.5 stone
week 1 -5
week 2 -2
week 3 sts
week 4 -3
week 5 -3
week 6 -1 (17.5 stone)
week 7 -3
week 8 -1
week 9 -2
week 10 sts
week 11 -2
week 12 -3

Last edited:
You're my new inspiration lol!
Def gonna try your chilli chicken recipe at some point - sounds awesome!

sorry to anyone who might have wondered where I had disappeared off too but have been AWOL for three weeks doing other stuff but happily have time once again to regularly update my diary. I have been burning the candle at both ends to get my uni assignments in and hence the weight gain because I have hardly moved (seriously) but I never deviated from healthy eating thankfully or the weight/water gain would have been worse I'm sure!!
week 13 STS
week 14 +2
week 15 -2

Last edited:
Back