average weight loss per week

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
now i thought that to achieve a healthy weight loss you need to loose around 1lb a week and then you wouldnt be body tissue,
BUT
my temporary consultant who is also team leader for my area, said that because SW is so balanced, it doesnt matter if you loose a lot more each week and you will not loose body tissue.
did anyone else know that.

Hmmm, I'm afraid that sounds a bit like she's got the facts mixed up to me. Generally 1-2Ib per week is healthy. If you have a lot to loose you can loose more per week for a while but there will be a point where if you are loosing 4-5Ib every week you will be loosing muscle and not just fat, unless you are eating lots and lots of protein and doing lots of weight lifting to build muscle. So, on balance... 1-2Ib per week is safest :)

I'm glad that you posted this, as I've been feeling a little disappointed with my 1.5lbs a week loss.

1-2lbs a week is 4-8 stone a year!!!!
I know a loss of 1lb does not always feel like much but it is loads when you look at it like that :)
I may sit and work out my average as I am starting to feel it's a bit slow but an average of 1Ib a week would put me at target by the end of the year, I think. And that's very doable. :)

Oh dear, I've just worked it out that I've lost an average of 0.5Ib per week :( Which doesn't sound like much but over a year that would be 26Ib which is almost 2 stone.. and not too far off what I needed to loose, so feel a bit better now I've worked that out. There are 16 weeks until Christmas (I am assuming there won't be a class the day before Christmas Eve) An average of 1Ib per week would leave me just half a stone to loose after christmas. If I put some real effort it I could be at target before christmas (just less than 1.5Ib per week) then I would only be fixing the damage done over christmas... hmmm, it might be possible :D

1 lb a week = 52 lbs a year

Which equals - 3 stone 10 lbs.

I'd love to lose that in a year...

I try to do that, aim for a 1lb a week but when i dont get it i feel under pressure, so i just go with the flo now and i feel much better.

I try to do that, aim for a 1lb a week but when i dont get it i feel under pressure, so i just go with the flo now and i feel much better.

I think it's better to go with the flow, we're in for the long haul after all. Mini goals are very useful as long as they don't overly pressurise you. This is a life long change we're embarking on, not a quick fix. So keep up the good work!

I've done 9 pounds over 6 weeks so am averaging 1.5lbs a week but did go away for a week during that time. I still have 6 and a half stone to lose so sort of want it to speed up a bit but know really it is coming off at a sensible rate.

I was a bit fed up last week as I'd lost 1/2 lb having tried hard, then had my consultant pushing for me to aim at 2lbs. I'd prefer to aim for an average of a pound a week as I feel it's a more realistic average for me and I've found in the past if I aim fir more and don't achieve it then I get demoralised .But I am on the GP referral scheme and she therefore really wants good results for the 12 weeks I do.

My average is 2.7lb a week which is just over 10 stone in a year. Some weeks I lost 5lb some weeks I lost 0.5lb as long as it comes off and I stay focussed I'm happy with any loss.

the norm and the safest is about 1 - 2 lb's a week. So even when people lose weight more quickly initially - over a 6 month period if you work it out it is usually about 1 - 2lb's a week except for the exception to the rule - there will always be a few people who lose weight more quickly, who do more exercise and get to target more quickly. BUT no matter who it is - in the past (as I have done these diets more than once - ah hem) it is 1 - 2 lb's a week averaged out.

Back