Avocado and trout!

Hmm. Two foods I suspect don't agree with xen. Had a salad made with a small amount of each followed by a toilet accident. Is there anything you can do to avoid this problem when you are eating healthy fats? Thanks, advice appreciated as only in first week and a little unsure.

funny you should say that ruth, i was in town this morning and decided to scoop some prawns, with the idea of doing some kinda prawny,ginger,lemon grass,chili.. noodle soup thing!!.. sounds appealing but soo gooooood!.. when suddenly had a flash back from a story i read on here about fishy tales of woe!!!!.. so grabbed a "pot noodle" instead!... not quite the same. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh ..
sam........x

Hi, Xenical doesn't know good fat from bad fats, so will eliminate ALL fats, this will include fish, salmon in particular. There is nothing you can do to prevent this..

If you wish to eat a very fatty/oily meal then you need to stop the Xenical 3 days before that meal and hopefully you shouldn't experience any proble, then re start the Xenical on day 4.

Xenical stays in your system for up 72 hours, this is why a lot of people stop Xenical before parties etc

You can also loose a lot of vital vit and minerals through Xenical, I advice a multivit if you're not taking one :)

thanx for that,
you managed to answer MY next question in one swoop!!.. have to add to that though... ive had tuna twice now with no effect "on me anyways".. just in case any one was wondering about that!!
sam.......

Thank you guys very much for the advice. Do you think the avocado would be a culprit too then? I am out for dinner tonight with no choice of menu but I think I won't take a pill tonight just in case I have to rush off mid meal.

I also find it hard to stick to 1200 calories. Is this necessary or should it be low fat only you worry about?

dont think id risk it.. i recon that there will still be xanical in your system!.. have a peek at the xanical do,s and donts at the top of the page, might give you an idea!.. as for the other! im sure someone else will step in with help on that!!!!
sam......x

Him hun, if you don't take the Xenical, then it's still in you hun, so the outcome will be the same, only by stopping the Xenical 3 days before will achieve, total relief ;)

It's best to keep to 1200 as close as possible... the thing is, once you start loosing after a while, your losses may plateau or get quite low, the only way to boost your loss and give you body a kick is by dropping your cals by 50-100, if you start too low, you'll have nothing to drop them to. so stick to the 1200 as much as possible, if you can't match through meals, then a lot of fat free snacks tend to be higher in cals...

sweet wise, you can have treats, haribo, marshmallows, jelly. or you could have a few cereals, still low fat but would add 200 cals or under or if you like them, meringue nests :)

Hmm I think I should have been a little clearer. I find it hard to stay as low as 1200 calories a day. Sometimes by evening I have only 150 cals left for dinner. I wondered whether 1200 could be a bit low for me. Probably hence the reason I'm so overweight in the first place!

hi, i love avocado, but its really too fatty for xenical. dont think pawns or trout would be too bad though, vey strange.

Hmm I think I should have been a little clearer. I find it hard to stay as low as 1200 calories a day. Sometimes by evening I have only 150 cals left for dinner. I wondered whether 1200 could be a bit low for me. Probably hence the reason I'm so overweight in the first place!

Oh I'm sorry hun, ok the best thing you can do is go here www.myfitnesspal.com sign up, it's free after you've submitted your details, it will give you targets to go for, cals and fats(stick to 45g though) carbs etc....

If you follow my fitness pal, you'll be ok, the minimum you want is 1200 a day.. check mfp and come back here if you need more help! :)

Ah thanks. Yes I have signed up to Mfp after seeing it on here and I like it. Although I am struggling today. Every time I think I am on a good track I slip back a bit then think it's all been a waste of time. So very depressing at times. Sorry to be so glum xx

Hi hun, the minute you think you're going to slip,just stop and think about what you're doing it, argue it over in your eat and drink some water is works...if you think you feel hungry or want something, the chances are you don't, so stop and have some water and do something else, the brain is great at playing tricks hun!

If you do have a slip, it's all not wasted, just draw a line, and carry on :)

Thanks so much. Much better today. Have lost a pound this week so will plod along and do my best. Off out for a walk to get back some extra calories I have eaten x

Back