Avoidance techniques

clairegoodall

I am reasonably new to CD - at end of week 1, and I need some advice.
Tomorrow I am going to a conference (for work) in London all day.
Yes. One of those that has the evil stuff....................................... food.
Snacks at coffee time.
Lunch laid on.
snacks at tea time....
How can I avoid this stuff? I plan to take a chocolate tetra with me, but quite honestly after travelling on the train & tube, even that won't be that appetising....
The other issue is that the eating times are usually the best opportunities for "networking" which I think is an important part of attending these things.
What can I do? Help / advice needed pleeeeeeaaaase!

Coffee & tea time easy, just clutch a black coffee and shmooze your way through. At lunch, very tough... if you have to eat, stick to meat/fish and salad leaves. I bluffed my way through a few business lunches by mentally telling myself I was having an SS+ day, and sticking to it... ie no fruit, biccies, cakes, crisps. It can be So hard to get back on track after a break, so my advice is stick as closely to the rules as you can. It is worth it in the end, I promise.

xxx

Not sure what advice to give really. When I was in similar situations I always used to take myself away from the temptation until such time as my willpower was so solid that I could be around food, and even cook it, without it affecting me in the slightest.

The only rock-solid solution in my mind is just to not be where the temptation is. It sounds, though, like you feel that you "need" to be there, so it may just be down to your willpower!!

One trick is to get a plate of only reasonable stuff (salad, chicken etc), and then (if your willpower is strong enough), just push stuff around the plate. People will never realise you are not eating anything ..... and if you are tempted to eat, then you only have stuff that will not do too much damage.

Probably not much help,
Steve

Back