Avoiding constipation (before it occurs)

dubcat

Hi - what is the best way to avoid constipation when on lipotrim (without knocking the body out of ketosis). I have read a few posts and the pain sounds horific!

I was hoping to use something that is avaialable in normal supermarkets as getting back over to the chemist where i buy my lipotrim is a bit of a pain and they definitely don't have the knowledge to offer advice i can trust.

If someone can recommend a product and dose/quantity to be consumed that would be great.

Thanks,
Dub

most people tend to use sennakot or dulcolax to sort it! but that really only for when it's happened. there is a product call fibreclear which they will send at your chemist for when you go next week. its a powder that you mix in with your water/shake and it should help. i've never used it tho.

best way to avoid it is loads of water - many people suffer the very opposite of constipation in the first/second week so be prepared just in case. my golden rule is never trust a fart. :p

Hi i use dulcolax you can buy it in any supermarket you take two of the pills and your constipation is resolved within 6-12 hours.....I take it if i have been constipated for two days before it gets to the painful stage. also drink as much water as possible i aim to drink 5 L but thats including what i make my shakes up with. hope this helps :)

I was fine for the first few weeks and took fibreclear about twice a week. However, in week 4 I suddenly got horribly constipated which was, er horrible! :cry: I now take a large heaped teaspoon of Fibreclear with my breakfast shake every day and don't have any problems. It's definitely made a difference so it's worth a try.

Is fibreclear the same thing as the stuff you can buy in the supermarkets called fibrogel or senokot (spelling on both of those is probably wrong)?

No, it's different. I think it's actually made by the people who make Lipotrim. You should be able to get it from the pharmacy where you get your shakes.

See that's the thing - i was hoping to buy something mainstream which is therefore more likely to be tried and tested and also cheaper...

erm, i know LT's website isn't great but i'm pretty sure they don't sell untested products!!!

Anyhoo, phone the LT helpline - they have all the info your pharmacy should also have and will of course be able to tell you what to use to avoid constipation. (Fibreclear isn't a laxative and is not designed to be used once you are actually constipated - as i understand it)

i had fibreclear once but they gave it to me free so not sure how much it (or comparable fibre supplements) cost i'm afraid.

plenty of people use fibreclear with no complaints, and better to stave off constipation than to have to deal with it!!! :)

good luck.

Hi, I had a few terrible experiences during my first few weeks which I NEVER want to happen again! I have tried many different products, but what works best for me is, 2 tsp's of Fibreclear & 1-2 sachets of natural Fybogel, it must be the natural kind, no flavour. Previously, I had been waiting until it was too late & I was already constipated, but these two products keep me regular.
You can phone the LT helpline (tell them that you are about to start the maintainence part) and ask for free samples, and they will send you maintainence products and a sachet of Fibreclear to try first to see if it works for you as everyone needs different amounts of fibre - I need lots!

Clair x

is the the fibre clear they sell in the pharmacy the same as the fibre clear you can buy in the supermarket? in different packaging but the same name?personally never had a problem first two week where loose but back to norm from then and no problem

It is best to avoid the constipation and having to take laxatives to clear you out. I take psyllium husk capsules,two every day and drink three ltres of water. Psyllium husks are rearded as one of he best fibre supplements to take. You will get them in any health food shop. Fibreclear is a similar product. In ny case, you need to take them every day as a preventative.

It is best to avoid the constipation and having to take laxatives to clear you out. I take psyllium husk capsules,two every day and drink three ltres of water. Psyllium husks are rearded as one of he best fibre supplements to take. You will get them in any health food shop. Fibreclear is a similar product. In ny case, you need to take them every day as a preventative.

Me too i swear by them now im not allowed take any type of laxatives so they suit me and its really natural and isn't as violent as wen you take laxatives.

Great - thanks for the info. I'll stock up on Psyllium husks tomorrow. As a side note - i've had this stuff before in powder form mixed with yoghurt (obviously not allowed to have it this way during lipotrim). It's a traditional Pakistani herbal medicine used to help fix stomache etc.
Cheers,
Dub

Back