Awwwight!

Good to see you have set yourself some new goals and targets, good luck chica, you can do it!!!

Goood morning.
(((Thanks, Slims!)))

righty....so far so good. i've had my normal morning drink and i'm working on my first liter of water. this morning, i weighed myself and then stashed the scales away.

I'd like to avoid weighing myself for a good week...maybe even 2!! ((i want to surprise myself with the progress i'm capable of.))

ok, the boys are begging for cuddles so off for now. Hope all have a good CD day.
:) ciao for now!

Hi Dis , how are you doing , I see you are having a bumpy ride , hope that passes you soon , i've had to stop cd for a few weeks due to blood test but hope to be up and running soon . How about get out for a few walks , might help you , as the weather seems better now !

Result!

good morning, happy sunday.
thanks to those who left a bit of advice and encouragement!

ok it's been 5 solid days of 100% ss. water & sachets only. and i'm officially, properly in ketosis. :D
i feel great and full of ketosis style energy...except right now, im just plain exhausted because i let all this extra energy run wild yesterday...

and i said i wouldn't step on the scales for a couple weeks, but after 5 days i just couldnt resist this morning. and RESULT!! 8lbs in the 5 days! yay!

another 2lbs til my first major goal of 180!!! after reaching that, hmm...i'm thinkin' i'll go for another 30lbs. but i think i'll call it another 2 st. ((a bit of mind/word trickery, makes it feel a smaller goal hehehe))

ok, my house needs a bit of tidying before venturing off to yet another bday party with kiddies flailing about.

thanks again for your words. here's hoping this bit of success lasts til the end!

Dis , my god you are doing great , 5 full days , well done 8 down , keep it going the right way , your soon be there , not easy I know but i'll be much happier ! So another 30 for you , keep us posted , hoping to return soon myself after I see the doctor I hope this week . So i'll be on here too saying , help lol

hey, thanks! i've just joined the march challenge and selected my own weight-loss goal for the month of 14lbs/1st. Goals are good. Helpful. Motivating at times....

helps with the "eyes on the prize" or in this case, eyes on the scale numbers! lol

today's been rough. well, the morning has been. i was grocery shopping with a friend, unplanned as i thought we were dropping kids off at playgroup and i was coming right back home to have my breakfast drink. i wasnt hungry just yet when she asked about popping into sains'. but then we got an emergency call from her father, ambulance involved, rushing over to his, ...a whole lot of activity.
((he's been admitted to the hospital for tests on the heart/chest pains so we're hoping the cause is sorted))

righty, i hadnt any water on me or in me for that matter all morning...but i did have chicken pieces in my shopping bag. i was very hungry and i ate (what i think) was 1 portion of it. when i finally got home, i started on the water straight away and eventually had my lunch shake. even though it was carb free (relatively) and probably no harm to ketosis state, however it certainly has done a number on my urge to eat!

it's terribly true though...once you pop, you cant stop! (credit to the pringles ads) hehehe. but i have kept it under control. the day is nearly over...

must keep on the water...
must avoid unneccesary trip to the kitchen...
must do more housework and activity time with the wee ones to keep me pre-occupied..

note to self: "keep yourself in check, woman!!" :whip:

ok. It's official. I just can't seem to do this anymore. I want to. i really really do. I am in at least 3-4 different vicious circles of failure :mad: with CD/SS.

"I'll eat anything and everything today and start clean tomorrow"

"Oh, i nibble a little earlier, so the dieting day is ruined. may as well eat everything again today and restart tomorrow."
or
*after a few days of SS, i eff it all up and am not able to talk myself OUT of eating.
*i will tell myself it's "ok" to nibble on no/low carb foods.
*and ALMOST always, i want to eat and stuff my face late at night, when i'm so so tired. and sometimes, it's almost as though i'm "sleep-eating".

I can't talk to my husband about it because i almost feel it's very black&white to him. He says: You can eat regular food if you want, but you're stopping the diet if you do...i'm not paying for it if you cheat..."
blah blah blah. SOOOoooo easy to say when you're a guy who finds eating food an inconvenience and can eat whatever chocolate/biscuits/take-aways he likes without really having to worry so much. Naturally, he will never understand this life hurdle of weight. He's a smoker and had tried to quit a few times. I try and relate it to him in that sense. My addiction is food. His, nicotine. I bring it to his attention his craving for it and suggest he considers my addiction as well.

so i kinda only have MiniMins to use as a listening ear. (and for this, i am grateful)

i have been reading through MM over the last couple days and i know i'm not alone in my eating problems and allll these rolling emotions. If i was, then i'd be the only one here, right?

i am thinking that my best way to get back into SS and ketosis is to try Sassy's plan. So i'd like to "step my way" back into it instead of going cold turkey and caving to the overwhelming cravings and "food-shock" that our bodies go through.

I don't seem to have my yellow CD book..probably binned it after the last time i was on CD/SS (successfully! i might add).

Is there anywhere here on MM that will give me the lists of foods i can eat for each calorie step? i would just ask my CDC for another but she lives ages away and i don't wanna fuss for a delivery of just that. AND i don't want to give myself yet another excuse to wait another day to start.

Soooo, on that note, anyone got the lists of avail foods? Whatever you have will be MOST appreciated. I'm so far into desperation, it's unreal.

hiya Dis, ive just called my bf and he reckons we MIGHT have 2 of the yellow booklets, if i do you can have one, and if i dont then i can scan the pages you need and send them to you? ive looked on the net and i cant see the stages in full on there xxx i know it was a while ago now but congrats on your baby :) (ive read this whole thread) :p

Reactions: Dis
Hey Kate! thanks for the congrats on the bee bee. And for you to read my whole thread, you must be bored fo sho! ((ok ok ok so it's only like 3 pages :p)).

as far as the yellow book, whatever is most convenient for you will be most most appreciated. but for the record, it's really only just a few pages that i need.

Hmm....thinking about it, is it a hassle/trouble for you at all to scan just the few pages and email? You just let me know what works best for you, chick.

and i have to say, i'm so so so grateful that you have come to my rescue! woot woot!

Cheers! Many thanks!
xx :family2:

dis i dont know how to pm! lol and no, no trouble at all hopfully be going round bfs tonight so will see about scanning your stuff :D pm me with email addy etc?

Hi Dis . reading your post I thought thats me in that part you wrote , telling OH of my fails , he says negative things to me , I was ment to give it another shot today CD , well i'll see what Tuesday brings , I jumped back on CD lasted 3 weeks then bang , food thought kept coming into my head and I gave in , then I really didn't enjoy them , i think I miss food but when i get it its not as enjoyable as it used to be , so why can't I get back on Cd after weeks off it huh . anyway , maybe we will both get going Tuesday ...

good luck JMC and 3 weeks is great, im on week...5?! and ive only had 1 majorish bad food day, which i didnt feel bad for cos i chose the best options from what was avaliable... i reckon no matter what if you just plod through you will get to your goal, just restart when your ready but make sure you REALLY want this more than anything otherwise you will give up again, im finding it hard atm soo hungry but i need to do it, sorry im rambling and none of this helps at all i know lol but just tryin to say, try cd again everyone here will help ya out :D *shuts up feeling stupid*

msjmc! morning hun. have you tried getting back into it the "sassy/mini" way? when i was on CD the last time, i read it and thought there's no way i could do anything like that...but saying that, i didn't really have any problems with committing to the diet and getting it done. but this time...good gaaw! it's like pulling teeth to get this foodie-devil :)p) outta my head.

but i'm trying it now. 7 days to get into the swing. i haven't really got anything else to lose by giving it a go, clearly going cold turkey to SS isn't working. :cry: the carb-monster wins everytime when i go that route. So good luck to you on your next attempt...good luck to both of us really!

As far as telling your OH/DH, it's hard i know. i got these same negative comments from my father while i was younger as well...and i wasn't even really big then! (i think cos my mother was weighty, he saw the potential for me to be the same...and he was right. :sigh:) anyways, i came home last night and bit the bullet and had words with the hubby about it...he was errr...surprisingly understanding. i could tell there was a little look of disappointment on his face but he seemed ok for it. he's not bothered about the weight, he just wants me to feel happy within my skin. and not waste the money on such an expensive diet if i'm only going to cheat. heheheh.

saying that, i am looking at today as an official restart. i'm going to weight myself here in a moment and re-adjust my ticker/info.

If i can attempt another restart, so can you MsJmc. :)

Ok. i've weighed myself. It's the (re)start of CD. I've had a gain. but not tooooo terrible, i guess. Ok ok i lie, 7lbs. It's awful. :cry: But that's why i'm doing this...taking the initiative to get my act together. I'm excited, i feel good about this.

I'm doing one stage per day, starting with 1500. So far so good. The tickers are updated, and i think i'll even lower my goal weight to 140 (from 150).

Here's to a successful restart.... :party0023:

hi Kate , thanks for the kind words , yes your right you have to really want this otherwise you will fail again . Well i have made restart today , so far I have had one bar , i'm trying to eat as late as I can to have my first CD food .
No your not rambling , so keep going :)
so your on week 5 , wow , your hungry ? do you drink all the water , sometimes they say that could be the problem .
I think your BMI is about the same as mine , I have not reset my ticker , as I have put on , ouch ..... I will have to sort that out .
I guess we are all here to spur eachother on as best we can , how are you doing today Kate ?

hi Dis , the sassy/mini way , tell me more about this plan ?
Well dis , I see kazbro is back too , all here from the past , think she has done 1 wk today , so will check in on her later .
Last time dis you did so well , but I don't think you have to much to lose now , I know you had a baby after CD and so now you are getting back into shape .
so you've gained 7 pounds I have gained too and I just sort my ticker out ....
I have not told OH , as his eyes will say , here we go again , I guess he will find out soon as by me making up shakes he will say something then ....
Yes the carb monster , why do we always crave them carbs , hehe .
Well i'll sort that ticker out later today and face up too it .
Ok will check in on you later and kate . have a good one

hey there, Jmc. here's the link to the thread "Beginning Sole Source the easier way....".
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-returners/21313-beginning-sole-source-easier-way.html

go directly to the first entry and give it a read. dig out your yellow book you got from the cdc when you first joined and have a peek at what foods are available to eat on eat stage, maybe it will work for you? at this point, i just figure i've got nothing to lose but to give it a go...

Good luck for today...we'll have to take it one day at a time til we get back to ss.
:)

Heya Dis!!!!

Nice to see you back.. well nice in one way as its nice to say Hi, but not nice that you find your self here ITYKWIM....

You kept me going back on 08 till I fell off the wagon big time... we played scrabulous a lot on FB but then drifted :)
I left here then rejoined with a different name so you might not recognise me.... Maybe you remember the photo...
I am getting there this time! 39lbs and counting... and over half way...

Anyway congrats on your baby....
Well done for coming back....

Hope you are well.....

And look forward to seeing you on here as you get back into it!

xx

Hiya tilly :D i think i recognize your face, but seeing as you've done soooo well it would make sense that i don't recognize any other bit of you in the photo! heheh well done on you massive loss so far!

what name did you use before on minimins?

Hi Dis

Justw ent to that page , with me i'm ok until say 3 weeks in then I start to fail , I did read the post , boy that was a long post lol .
so its dropping as you go until you get to SS . Got to try anything we can haven't we ?
How is it going today ?

Back