Awwwight!

Congrats on big bubba and well done on your previous loss you can do it and good luck keep us all postedxxxxxx

Week 1 Weigh In..

ok, official 1st-week weigh in this morning...
result?
12 lbs down!!!!

i found the week to be just fine. i know of the many challenges that are ahead of me. so i won't ever claim that this (or any) diet is 'easy breezy'.

i have many many motivations and personal goals that keep me going.
**to be near goal at summer so i can take both my babies swimming for the first time without being shamed at my appearance.

**to take y toddler horse-back riding this summer (always felt it was cruel to the horse to carry the weight of someone like me so i've always avoided it)

**((tmi alert)) to improve my sex life in hopes to save my marriage...seems sad to me, i know but i lack the desire to be intimate cos of how i look. my husband is at his wits end, and last time i lost loads of weight, it was a "very active" time.

** also, never want to miss out on activities with my children due to weight constrictions: running, going on rides, swimming, anything!!

so this first week i pretty much stuck to the flavours i was familiar with. maybe its cos its cold outside, but at the moment, i'm quite partial to the chocs and cappucino, vanilla and toffee/wal.

i think this next 2 week order, i may just have to try the porridge (i never eat it, its a mouth feel thing) but i think its worth a try at this point.

whats this i hear about a flavoured porridge??? apple cinamon? hmmm, sounds tempting!

righty, i'm just rambling to myself now. :rolleyes:
hope everyone and anyone has a lovely weekend! ((not too cold or wet!!))
xx

Dis, so good to see you back on Mini's. Ive not ventured into the CD forum for a long while now but had to come in when I saw your thread.

So whats this about an 11lb baby - jeez... i thought mine were big and 9lb 4 and 9lb 11. And you've lost 12lb this week which is fantastic and the equivalent weight of that baby of yours so if you need any reminders about what a fantastic start youve had to the diet just pick up your son and feel how heavy he is.

Its good to see you back and I have no doubt you will do well, as you did last time on SS. I only wish I had stuck to it that first time around as I have fought with myself for over a year now and have now asked my gp to refer me for weight loss surgery as I am desperate to lose weight.

Be good to yourself and those two precious boys of yours. I understand what you are saying about *ahem* bedroom problems, but just remember what losing a little weight did for you last time hun and you will be back there soon. Also remember you have just had a baby and major surgery so things will take a while to get back to normal.

Anyways, Ive rambled enough for now. Best of luck with CD but I just know you are not going to need it. xxxxx

SAMMM!!!! awww! it's reallllly nice to see/hear from you!! i haven't got much time to type so we'll have to catch up again very soon!! ((toby, the new baba) is wailing the house down for his last feed ...and its a very dramatic cry, i tell ya so not very pleasant on the ears. :s

thanks for posting! oh and ya know, i never thought of it "that " way...the whole losing the weight of the baby thing. that will motivate me a wee bit more. although i must say, at 9 weeks now, he weighs in at 16.2!!! ((i dont think fynn was that weight until he was 8 months!) hahaha
awww, i dont think he's going to get picked on much, this boy!

righty, on the diet front...i've got alot of emotional mess going on here at home (hopefully temporary) so there have been times when walking thru the kitchen, just stop next to the fridge or cupboard, have a peek at what i would normally be stuffing my face with at a time like this. i haven't caved. i dont want to....

ok, that owuld be lying. OF COURSE I WANT TO EAT! its the nature of our being! and not to mention, it's the reason we're all here on this or any diet, right?

but i hold back and leave the snacks alone because i want to be smaller, much much more than i want a silly bland little cookie!

ok, even though toby has calmed for the moment, i should really sign off this time for real before he starts up again.

sam, i hope to chat with you again soon!
everyone else, gnite!
happy CD'ing!.

everyone ready for the holidays?? ((i'm a yank living in the UK, so i can't help but say things like: Seasons Greetings & Happy Holidays! hehehe :109:

anyways, i had a slight hiccup around thursday/friday. my cdc is (hopefully) temporarily unable to drive due to a broken arm. and she lives a bit away. i ran out of food as of friday morning. my cdc arranged for someone to drop my order by on the friday, but they flaked out on her. soooo...i had no choice but to eat "normal" foods on the friday. it felt sooo wrong! but yet, very pleasant at the same time. but of course, with that, came a bit of a 'mind-trickery' downfall...the mind said: its not your fault, so you should eat while you have the chance , before you get more DC food tomorrow..."

::: sigh :::

my husband ended up driving me out to the cdc's house friday night, 45 mins away. at the end of it all, i'm sur eive undone a bit of my progress...but i've been right back on track as of saturday. and i've had zero loss! last night, i kept saying: whats going on???

3L of water a day, 3 sachets. ...and a few cups of marigold boullion each day (to fill the gap)...

and while up doing a middle of the night feed, i logged and and researched the use of marigold while on vlcd's...

i didn't know we are limited to how much we can have per day. and also, i read that we shouldn't start using it until after the 2nd week. soo, i suspect it may be the cause of my no loss moment.

i hope.

anyways, i'm trucking along still. i will have a food free, temptation free xmas. :)
good luck to everyone for the xmas hols where food is concerned!
x

Proxy...

not sure if its the diet or just the festive time of year, but much like the last time i was on CD, i am baking up a storm!

it's never for me of course, and i manage to avoid licking the spoon or tasting the final product. but it's just me, eating all the baked goods by proxy! i now taste thru smell and get equally the same pleasure in others enjoying my lovely delights of food.

yes, it has been hard at times. but i shall just keep inhaling the aromas and enjoying it all in the olfactory way. :)

:26::26::26::26::26::26:

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Hey ... Welcome back Dis
I did think where is Dis ? I have not been on much myself lately and it was only the fact I saw a happy birthday that I thought is that you , well first i'll say happy birthday and how are you doing on CD ?
I spoke to kazbro the other day she is doing fine . Congrats on the baby , I mean big baby hehe , my middle son was 9.14 and half and they thought that was big but nothing to yours hehe . hope your ok !!

Hey there Jmc! very nice to hear from you. also, thanks for the kaz update. glad to hear she's doing well. :)

yes yes, i'm back! well, really i've been back on CD since early December. just truggin along now. and it's been a bit harder this time around. nibbling here and there...occassionally yearning to chew...etc.
i'm trying to break the weight loss into small tiny tiny goals. this week, i'm aiming for 4lbs. its alot, i know. but goals are good! aiming for the best result.

the hubby & i are going out to lunch next sunday for a late bday celebration. i have made the decision (given myself permission really) to have a meal and enjoy it, all in moderation of course. I know what i can and cannot or will not have. ((will be sticking to green veg, salad, and a protien.)) hubby can have the baked potato :D

oh, and i think i've needed a boost in the ketosis so i've upped my water intake by an extra 500ml. ((3L per day now))

righty, children beckon! ciao 4 now!

oh, JMC, thanks for the bday wishes!
x

Thats great you are going out for a meal and then jumping back on CD , love the hair colour BTW . Last time was blonde but that really looks nice .
I have restarted today , been trying since Jan but things have gone not well ... but weight was creeping up and had to sort it !
Will need to get used to the water again when its cold it makes you think of the loo all the time lol
You seem to be flying by Dis ... i'm sure your going to do well !

Pity Party...

this is probably going to be kept very short as the tot or the beebee will be summoning me very soon wihtout fail, :family2: so i'll get straight to the point ;) !

ok this is my 2nd time around on CD/SS...why am i having such a hard time dropping the weight?!! ok the real question is: why can't i keep my hands off the non-carb nibbling?? little bits of cheese(my weakness
:gimi::eatdrink012:!!!), slices of sandwich meats, chicken...uggg!

:cry:
yes, i've done well til now by losing 3st...
: sigh ::
maybe i'm just expecting too much from myself this time around ....
:patback:
but more than likely, i'm very low on motivation and i'm just feeling sorry for myself. :copon:

must.
google.
"motivation".
today.

(oh, does anyone else find the need for ketosis sticks? is it recommended?)

Hi dis , we all have moments that try us , this is your moment , but its just a moment nothing more , hope it soon passes you by , yes I know if you nibble you want to keep nibbling , you've done great to get this far , hope this feeling will fade for you !

My advice is to read back through your post and see your motivations, they were pretty important reasons. :)

I am a little bit in the camp of a few no-carb treats aren't a terrible thing if they are going to keep you on the diet, I think if you are the kind of people who if they didn't pick would go out and eat a loaf of bread then a few cubes of cheese or slices of ham are better.

I am not exactly in a position to really offer much wisdom as I have never been on the diet for very long or lost a lot of weight but I think that you are doing really well, you are an inspiration to people like me who are in their 1st week of a restart and you should be proud of everything you have achieved.

As for Ketostix, you can get them quite cheaply from independent pharmacists or supermarkets, £3 for 50 they are good if you are going to cheat so you can tell how bad the damage is...

Good Luck - you can do it

xx

Oh oh I'll join that pity party. I lapsed yesterday and today I just want to throw the diet out the window and go eat those yummy things (like cheese, chicken, fruit, veg!) that I'm so craving at the moment.. I've also done well in losing 2st. But the novelty has worn off now, it's just about willpower. Gah. I like novelty better. I need to get back on the whole no eating at all thing.
Anyway you have my sympathy.

Only 2 pounds until you are under 30 in your BMI Purplebutterfly!!

I know that not eating for weeks on end is pants but look how well you have done!!!

You can do it! Maybe you should talk to your CDC about moving up the plans or have a SS+ week so you can eat chicken and vegs

Thanks slimpossible!
I'm on lighterlife. And I know, it's so stupid I'm so close to getting down into that category and I'm self sabotaging.
On LL when you get into the overweight category it's an option to go onto lighter life lite for one or two stones.. I'm considering doing that, I think it's about the same as the 810 plan on CD?? But there's a part of me that wants to stick with my group.. And anyway I've got at least 2, if not 2.5 to 3 st to lose!

glad to see you thinking more positively!

I think the good thing about LL is the group and it's excellent to see your commitment to yours.

You have done so well, I am 70% inspired and 30% deadly jealous! You are almost half way there!!!

God. I'm so not the person to be inspired by right at the moment. Go on the LL board and there's loads of people who have lost twice my overall target and maintaining with no major lapses!
Actually you've just made me realise; another 3lb and I'll be about halfway to my target!

Anyway you're also doing so well, slimpossible, I see you have lost one stone already! Fabulous.

Wow that is nearly as much as my twins weighed together! Im on a mini restart today so know how you are feeling. Tummy is rumbling so loud but im ignoring it :rolleyes: Good luck

Wow that is nearly as much as my twins weighed together!

triple, in the beginning, i used the reference so many times of toby weighing pretty much the weight of twins...he's so adorable and bonnie now it's unreal! just took him in for his 3rd jabs and a weigh in...20.4lbs...at 20 weeks!! :eek: awww such a cuddler!

good evening...just wanted to pop in before ending this horrible non-cd/ss day to say many thanks for the replies and posting.

and since my posting about the issue, i've taken a dramatic turn for the worse. i've had an uncontrollable binge attack on several occasions since this afternoon and of course, i'm beating myself up inside for it.

tomorrow, i will wake up. fill up my days' worth of water intake, have them on the ready. have breakfast (cd sachet) and try to keep busy with my children, house, and gardening til lunch. have lunch. then do the same from then to dinner...will ask hubby to make his own dinner tomorrow as thats when i want to pick/taste the most, it seems. just want to get through 1 week, 100% cd/ss!!!

it's an hour by hour struggle, as i'm sure i'm not the only one.

From tomorrow, i'm making adjustments to my cd intake...
**WILL cut out the addition of splenda to each and every shake i make.
**will NOT add marigold boullion powder to my leek soup sachet.
** will NOT have an in between hot drink of marigold until well into ketosis.
**WILL NOT add drops of vanilla, peppermint, almond flavourings to my drinks.
*WILL STOP chewing loads and loads of (sugarfree) gum each day as it chemically gets the belly ready to eat plus makes mee yearn to chew proper foods...

and MOST importantly,
**WILL STOP NIBBLING!!!!!!
five days is all i ask of myself. just 2 and a few to get me well into ketosis and right back on track of cd/ss.

ahhh, i feel so much better now. i feel i have a little motivation sorted!

ok, i can barely hold my eyes open any longer. (and my luck, as soon as i close my eyes, one of the boys will wake wanting assistance. heheehhe ahh, mutha-hood. gottal luv it!

Back