ProPoints Azwethinkweiz (Sarah)s new food diary!

Dubchick81 said:
We dont have anything like that in Ireland.. Irelands healthcare is RUBBISH!! EUR100 to be seen in A&E.. That's before any treatment starts!! EUR55 to see yer GP and then whatever the cost of yer prescription.. Thankfully as I've said I've never had toothache so dont have any idea what a dentist costs.. My check ups and teeth cleaning are covered by my VHI so they're free.. Our welfare dentists will only see you up to the age of 16.. Then yer on yer own... Ireland sux when it comes to healthcare

Wowzer!!!! I had no idea! EUR100 for a&e?! I would be one skint lady!

CGx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Yup... We are ripped off royally over here for health care... You'll notice in A&E its full of medical card holders.. coz we working folk can't bloody afford it so we suffer until we hav no choice coz we can't take the pain anymore...
PS.. can I just add I only have VHI coz my job pays for it.. I couldn't afford private health insurance on my tod!!! Its a rip as well

Oh yeah. People would rather suffer in silence than be in debt to the frickin hospital. And the hospitals themselves are totally overcrowded and the nurses over worked. Ridiculous. It also costs people in Dublin even more for health care than anyone else.
Frances, its about 40 quid to get a dentist to see you. Thats SEE you. If he cleans your teeth another 35-45 quid. 10 quid PER xray. Then he'll tell you everything thats wrong. My fillings are gonna be 330 to fix. And the crown on my broken tooth will be 550. So yeah. Expensive mouth haha!
There is a drugs scheme here... no one pays more than 120 quid a month for their prescriptions (although is still a lot of money). Suppose we can count ourselves lucky we arent in the United States, costs even more there. Literally 1000s. :eek:

Was just gonna say "VHI... faaaaancy". No perks to my job and I mean NO perks. I have no insurance at all because I cant afford it. :(

Oh yeah. People would rather suffer in silence than be in debt to the frickin hospital. And the hospitals themselves are totally overcrowded and the nurses over worked. Ridiculous. It also costs people in Dublin even more for health care than anyone else.
Frances, its about 40 quid to get a dentist to see you. Thats SEE you. If he cleans your teeth another 35-45 quid. 10 quid PER xray. Then he'll tell you everything thats wrong. My fillings are gonna be 330 to fix. And the crown on my broken tooth will be 550. So yeah. Expensive mouth haha!
There is a drugs scheme here... no one pays more than 120 quid a month for their prescriptions (although is still a lot of money). Suppose we can count ourselves lucky we arent in the United States, costs even more there. Literally 1000s. :eek:

yea but you only qualify for that drugs scheme if its an ongoing thing.. Not for a once off prescription.. I suffer terrible with coldsore in my nose.. Sometimes they're do bad i've to go the doc and the prescription for the oral zovirax (the last time i got it which was about 3 years ago) was €97.. then I needed the pain killers and they were an additional €24.. Then I needed the nose lubricating spray which was another €15/16.. I almost dropped when the pharmacist came out with my prescription.. that was after paying €50 to see the doc.. So to treat a coldsore cost me €186!!! Thankfully they dont get THAT bad very often and normally heal themselves after a couple of days...
The last time I had a filling was €70.. that was for a white one coz it was near the front.. But I could claim back PRSI which I dont think you can do anymore?? Or am I wrong in saying that?

Was just gonna say "VHI... faaaaancy". No perks to my job and I mean NO perks. I have no insurance at all because I cant afford it. :(

Ha ha.. got there before ya.. lol
No I wouldn't have either only work pay for it.. In fairness we have a really good health and dental policy.. Its one of the top schemes VHI do.. But that's coz they're a Client of ours so the company get a discount..
Work pay 100% pension contribution too which is a decent amount... beside that and our VHI this company is pants..

No you're right about that hon. You cant claim back any of that now. You can get ONE checkup on PRSI a year. I think thats all I'm entitled to... the amount of tax I pay like? Yeah the white ones are about 70-80 I think. Amalgam (bigger fillings) are 90-100. See I need two new fillings (the small white ones) and I need my two "old" amalgam fillings fixed (they've worn out apparently). So I think, if memory serves me, its €90 + €90 + €75 + €75 = €330. FUN!

Ugh I dont get pension or anything hon. I have nothing at all for working here except a shitty wage and no gratitude. And cant even get my over time back like? Ridiculous place.

Okay one more idea....you may need a little money for this or ask the parents....if you soak a cloth in Whiskey and bite on it it'll help with the pain. Alcohol is good for pain relief and killing infection. Also load up on garlic in your food also a natural antibiotic!!! You can get little tiny bottles of whiskey behind the counter at the offy, just the little hotel fridge size ones.

Alcohol sounds like a great idea hehe. We might have a lil whiskey at home, I'll check later :)
Didnt know that about garlic... love random facts! :D xx

Oh I have loads of random facts.....don't know much useful information but lots of stuff. Did you know that the eyes are the only organ in the body that don't grow from birth to death!!! I know...interesting right! :)))

I actually did hear that somewhere before. Its kinda freaky lol. Thats why babies look like they have massive eyes I guess eh!? :p

hi im new here and started ww propoints today can some any one give me any nice ideas of meals to make for lunch times that i can take to work. Ive got lots of weight to loose so any help would be greatfull. This food diary post is brilliant x

Hello sweetsarah, welcome to the site. They are very friendly and helpful on here.

If you go to the same page were it says food diaries and weight loss diary and so on, scroll down and there is a recipy section there. There might be some ideas for lunch on there. Otherwise have look through some diaries and there is plenty of tasty ideas. Hope this helps

sweetsarah said:
hi im new here and started ww propoints today can some any one give me any nice ideas of meals to make for lunch times that i can take to work. Ive got lots of weight to loose so any help would be greatfull. This food diary post is brilliant x

Hi Sweetsarah, welcome, and good luck with pp, I have a diary on here that your welcome to look through but I struggle with lunches so if you do come across and lunchy threads let me know :)

xxx

Ohhhh i didnt know you didnt have NHS over there :eek: thats shocking .... id have died by now if i had to pay for medical care and prescriptions with my diabetes and million other medical conditions .... get yerself over here Sarah ... NHS will treat anyone ;):D

God no - my condition means i need a huuuuge prescription of meds so im so grateful i dont .. but if i lived in N.I i would :eek: craaazy eh

There is a cap on how much you pay for meds. You wouldn't pay more than 120 euro a month. That is still a lot of money to some people (me) so I'm lucky to not have anything too serious wrong with me. I have a history of depression and I'm learning to try to deal with it myself because the meds and doctor visits cost so much... Plus the time off work to go!
Wish we had NHS Claire, sounds like they take care of sick people over there!! Xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Back