ProPoints Azwethinkweiz (Sarah)s new food diary!

People who have never been through depression themselves don't understand that it is an invisible illness. People think because it's not a physical illness it isn't serious :( I know how painful inside it is to feel inside when your going through a tough time with depression.

Have a rest and maybe go see your OH or something tonight, big hugs xxx

azwethinkweiz said:
I just hate this thought that people (especially those closest to me) are thinking "what's up with her, she has nothing to be sad about". I don't _want_ to feel this way, I really don't. I have this guilt that I'm letting everyone down or something. Does that make sense? I'm lying in bed now. Thanks for being nice to me girls xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I know exactly how you feel hun xxx I became depressed from my mum leaving my dad 2 years ago which a lot of people including my husband didn't understand how it could affect me like that. I lost my job because of it. I felt like I was letting everyone down but in the end I thought it's not about what other people think it's what I think and feels that matters and I need to do these things to get better. Xxx
take as much time as you need to start feeling the way you want again and screw what other people think hun xxx they are just ignorant

Thanks girls. My mum told her off a bit... Said she wouldn't understand because she's not going through it. She can just be very harsh and critical and I'm quite sensitive these last few weeks to what people say. Hmm she's also said she doesn't like the bridesmaids dresses my other sister picked for us... They're knee length and she says that looks "granny-ish". But most of them seem to be either knee or floor length to me? Me and the other bridesmaid have no issue with them so we'll probs end up having to wear something less "flattering" on us to suit my perfect-figured sister. Ugh. Wonderful.
Luckily my OH has said he will come out to see me tonight now... X

azwethinkweiz said:
Thanks girls. My mum told her off a bit... Said she wouldn't understand because she's not going through it. She can just be very harsh and critical and I'm quite sensitive these last few weeks to what people say. Hmm she's also said she doesn't like the bridesmaids dresses my other sister picked for us... They're knee length and she says that looks "granny-ish". But most of them seem to be either knee or floor length to me? Me and the other bridesmaid have no issue with them so we'll probs end up having to wear something less "flattering" on us to suit my perfect-figured sister. Ugh. Wonderful.
Luckily my OH has said he will come out to see me tonight now... X

Hehe I think she should just wear the dress chosen. It's not about how she looks it's how the bride looks :)

Tispy said:
Hehe I think she should just wear the dress chosen. It's not about how she looks it's how the bride looks :)

I know. She was trying to pick something that would flatter all our different shapes. I wouldn't mind but the only one complaining is the slimmest of us all?! She's got a 24inch waist and thinks she won't look good in the dress? Sheesh. Needs to get over herself... Its the brides day not hers. X

azwethinkweiz said:
I know. She was trying to pick something that would flatter all our different shapes. I wouldn't mind but the only one complaining is the slimmest of us all?! She's got a 24inch waist and thinks she won't look good in the dress? Sheesh. Needs to get over herself... Its the brides day not hers. X

Exactly x v

I'm sure she doesn't it mean the way it's coming our chic. I'm sure she's asking q's she thinks there are answers too
You hav nothing to feel guilty about. Would u feel guilty if u had flu? Sand thing except its not as visible. Which is y ppl don't understand it.
Big hugs n pls, use my number!!! Xxx

Dubchick81 said:
I'm sure she doesn't it mean the way it's coming our chic. I'm sure she's asking q's she thinks there are answers too
You hav nothing to feel guilty about. Would u feel guilty if u had flu? Sand thing except its not as visible. Which is y ppl don't understand it.
Big hugs n pls, use my number!!! Xxx

She just can be awfully harsh about things. Kinda thinks I have nothing to be depressed about. I didn't want her to know about it so her finding out kinda upset me in the first place! I'm alright now. Thanks hon xx

Glad you are feeling better babe. Some people really dont have an idea do they? Last year when I got really sick my then bf wasn't massively supportive (to begin with anyway). I called him and said I was going to the Dr to sort myself out and he was all 'well,I dont think there's even anything wrong with you'. I felt so unsupported and upset and angry, but at the same time, like you, I hide it really well, so he probably hadn't noticed much of a change. The biggest and most important thing I havent learnt to do over the last 13 years is recognise my symptoms. Last year was really bad but its the first big relapse I'd had in about 7 years because now I know within a couple of days that things are going that way and I do what I need to to pull myself out of it (usually bugger off on my own somewhere for a few days). It sounds like you're heading that way too, that you have a good idea of when things aren't right and you get yourself to the docs for the help you need. That's really great Sarah, because for people with long term, recurring depression, knowing when to get help and catch it early is often the best we can hope for.
That thing your sis said about not having anything to be sad for, that's really mean and stupid, but I've thought it about myself everytime I've been down. When I was a kid I used to actually enjoy it when bad stuff happened to me because at least then I had a reason to feel sad all the time. I don't feel like that now of course but I still do feel quilty sometimes. But that's the thing with depression, there just aren't always reasons for it, except from just having depression.

Sorry to have ranted for so long.

Anj. X

P.S I think the knee length dresses sound lovely! I know someone who got married in a cute little knee length dress because they went to Vegas. It looked gorgeous. Sod your sister.

Loves. X

Ooops. Long post was very long indeed. ;-)

Thanks for the post anj. You seem to really understand. Much more so than anyone in my day to day life. I know what you mean about wishing bad things would happen so you'd a reason to be sad. Nothing has happened to me... I told the doctor I don't know why or what's wrong with me to be feeling this way again. Luckily she was lovely and my OH is being great about it too. Its just my sister, she just doesn't get it. I thought it was really rude of her and she was rude about the dresses too. I'll post links to the dresses later and ye can see what you think of them maybe? :)

Tis ok chicken. Been going through it for half my life so hope I've got a decent insight, even if its different for everyone.
I reckon you need to persuade your bf to takee you on holiday. I firmly believe sunshine and cocktails cure all sorts of ills.
Please post the dresses. I love bridesmaids and wedding dresses. :)

anj_i_am said:
Tis ok chicken. Been going through it for half my life so hope I've got a decent insight, even if its different for everyone.
I reckon you need to persuade your bf to takee you on holiday. I firmly believe sunshine and cocktails cure all sorts of ills.
Please post the dresses. I love bridesmaids and wedding dresses. :)

Yeah its different for everyone which is understandable enough. I just don't think some of the people around me really "get it" so I was keeping it quiet until my Dad opened his big gob!
The only holiday we have planned is one in september for my other sisters wedding (the one that's complaining about the dresses lol). She's being married in malta.
This is the dress that she doesn't like. We're supposed to be getting it in grape colour:
http://www.lightinthebox.com/A-line...aid--Wedding-Party-Dress--HSX217-_p24727.html

starkissedx said:
I really love both of them, especially the first one!

That's the one my sister doesn't like lol. I thought it was nice. Plain and looks like it'll be flattering. I dunno, maybe she's just being awkward! X

Yeah I like really simple bridesmaid dresses, they look really flattering. I think if you go for nice simple classic bridesmaid dresses the bride will really shine! :) x

I much prefer the first one! Love the lower cut at the back. Both are lovely but the shorter one is really cute. X

Well see the brides dresses in both cases are very simple too so we couldn't have something really blinging on the bridesmaids. My sister said the knee length one was "granny-ish"? Is it? I thought it was ok but I ain't no Gok Wan lol...

Back