ProPoints Azwethinkweiz (Sarah)s new food diary!

Its not granny-isn't at all. Shes probably jealous coz its nicer then the one for her wedding.

Ooooh *****y. ;-)

Granny-ish sorry. My phone sucks.

anj_i_am said:
Its not granny-isn't at all. Shes probably jealous coz its nicer then the one for her wedding.

Ooooh *****y. ;-)

She says its too long? Dunno how short she expects a bridesmaids dress to be... :p

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I think you should alter hers so it only just covers her arse and then see who's looks better. Ha.

anj_i_am said:
I think you should alter hers so it only just covers her arse and then see who's looks better. Ha.

Still her, she's stick thin and gorgeous so I'm sure the men wouldn't complain *sigh*

But I bet shes not half as lovely as you. ;-) x

anj_i_am said:
But I bet shes not half as lovely as you. ;-) x

Ha. Yeah right. All the boyfs I've ever had have fancied her. Depressing having her as a sister!

If that's right then all the boyfs you ever had were losers who didn't deserve you. X

anj_i_am said:
If that's right then all the boyfs you ever had were losers who didn't deserve you. X

Hahaha aren't you lovely!? :) thanks hon xXx

I AGREE WITH ANJ

YOU ARE LOVELY!

Dont forget it Mrs or I might have to come round and sort you out!!!

:whoopass:

Ruth
x

Sorry to hear about your unsupportive relatives. Similar happens to me. I don't share my feelings of depression. Mine are usually due to lonliness and a longing to feel loved. Occasionally I blow up and tell my thoughts .... Sometimes ppl don't like to hear ive had suicidal thoughts (wen im really depressed I do) ...... And I usually get told im an attention seeker and selfish but I cannot help how I feel ..... Yet they say to me I must share my thoughts. Your not alone sarah, so many of us with mental health issues. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem and acting on it ..... Which you have so screw anyone who tells you that your fine. They just fail to understand anything outside their own box of thoughts. Big hugs to you xxxxx xxxxxxx

*Claire-Bear* said:
Sorry to hear about your unsupportive relatives. Similar happens to me. I don't share my feelings of depression. Mine are usually due to lonliness and a longing to feel loved. Occasionally I blow up and tell my thoughts .... Sometimes ppl don't like to hear ive had suicidal thoughts (wen im really depressed I do) ...... And I usually get told im an attention seeker and selfish but I cannot help how I feel ..... Yet they say to me I must share my thoughts. Your not alone sarah, so many of us with mental health issues. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem and acting on it ..... Which you have so screw anyone who tells you that your fine. They just fail to understand anything outside their own box of thoughts. Big hugs to you xxxxx xxxxxxx

I have had suicidal thoughts too. That's the hardest thing to admit because it makes me feel completely crazy?! I've never hurt myself but have planned "how to" a little too much to be considered normal. I won't say too much. I find it upsets people when I do.
I would hate anyone to think I'm attention seeking. I feel selfish as it is having this illness. Which is why I didn't want my sisters knowing anything about it. I'm trying to help myself get through it which is all I can do I suppose? Unfortunately the diet has gone right out the window. Been eating a little too much but hoping for STS on saturday morning. xxxxxx

Dubchick81 said:
Xxxxx hope you're ok today chic xxx

Thanks hon, thanks for asking. I'm a bit better today yes. Went to the shops. Got a new skirt and top in dorothy perkins. Size 10 black denim skirt (but its nice stretchy material - not a true size 10 lol) and size 12 top. Mum said they were nice on me :)
Been so tired this evening though. Been lying up on my bed for literally hours now!! Feel so lazy lol. Hows you? Any craic? Xxx

4 o'clock in the morning and STILL no sleep. Eurgh... I hate sleepless nights!!

Same here hun, been reading your diary and I was diagnosed as a manic depressive/bipolar II last year. With regards to comments about you not seeming depressed, some of the most depressed people in this world, put a brave face on and as my doctor told me, they are the hardest to diagnose. Just because something isn't physically visable, doesn't mean your fine, some of the most serious illnesses in this word aren't viable to the naked eye. Always try to put a positive spin on things, instead of focussing on the negatives, because this is a key step in the aid to managing mental health.

Just know your not alone, you'd be surprised who has mental health issue's.

Stay strong

xx

WWPrincess said:
Same here hun, been reading your diary and I was diagnosed as a manic depressive/bipolar II last year. With regards to comments about you not seeming depressed, some of the most depressed people in this world, put a brave face on and as my doctor told me, they are the hardest to diagnose. Just because something isn't physically visable, doesn't mean your fine, some of the most serious illnesses in this word aren't viable to the naked eye. Always try to put a positive spin on things, instead of focussing on the negatives, because this is a key step in the aid to managing mental health.

Just know your not alone, you'd be surprised who has mental health issue's.

Stay strong

xx

Thank you for the input. Its so strange what you wrote about focussing on the negatives. That's me to a T. I can't seem to stop doing it. Any ideas? My doctor suggested counseling and gave me a phone number but I haven't rang yet. Have you ever had any counseling or anything like that? I don't know what to expect from it. I'm afraid I'll get the same reaction I got from my sister ("you seem fine to me") when deep down inside I'm definitely not fine. X

I've had counceling a couple of times in the past. They certainly wont tell you that there's nothing wrong with you but I do think you need a very open mind. It really doesn't do anything for me but that's because I just don't buy into the how CBT thing. My Dr is ok and realised this and told me I need to see a psychologist but I can't get a referral (stupid NHS) and I can't afford to pay privately. But it might be worth a try chick. It certainly wont make things worse and they do teach you some very good techniques, I am just a very bad patient. ;-)

I have had suicidal thoughts too. That's the hardest thing to admit because it makes me feel completely crazy?! I've never hurt myself but have planned "how to" a little too much to be considered normal. I won't say too much. I find it upsets people when I do.
I would hate anyone to think I'm attention seeking. I feel selfish as it is having this illness. Which is why I didn't want my sisters knowing anything about it. I'm trying to help myself get through it which is all I can do I suppose? Unfortunately the diet has gone right out the window. Been eating a little too much but hoping for STS on saturday morning. xxxxxx

Thanks hon, thanks for asking. I'm a bit better today yes. Went to the shops. Got a new skirt and top in dorothy perkins. Size 10 black denim skirt (but its nice stretchy material - not a true size 10 lol) and size 12 top. Mum said they were nice on me :)
Been so tired this evening though. Been lying up on my bed for literally hours now!! Feel so lazy lol. Hows you? Any craic? Xxx

Swit swoo.. Size 10.. Get you.. :D Would love a piccy??
I'm good ta.. So tired ALL the time.. Even been going to sleep just after 11 all week rather than my usual half 1 / 2am!! :eek:
Not been to Curves at all this week.. Been on a couple of walks but really wasting my free month!! Will make a point of going this week tho.. Esp seen as I'm going away for the 2 days.. Think i'll do Simply filling next week again.. Think it might be easier to stay somewhat on plan while away being on that..

PS.. Re suicidal thoughts.. You are definitely not alone!! Though none of my closest people to me would know anything about that.. I don't think they'd understand.. I think the general Irish way of handling that is to suggest a night out on the lash... Which clearly we all know that just dives into the depression, doesn't help a thing!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for the input. Its so strange what you wrote about focussing on the negatives. That's me to a T. I can't seem to stop doing it. Any ideas? My doctor suggested counseling and gave me a phone number but I haven't rang yet. Have you ever had any counseling or anything like that? I don't know what to expect from it. I'm afraid I'll get the same reaction I got from my sister ("you seem fine to me") when deep down inside I'm definitely not fine. X

Ive had counselling before hun, it helped me a lot. Its not for everyone though as some people feel too self conscious to talk to some one they dont know but i would suggest giving it a try and see if it helps you. To be honest for me it felt easier talking to a councellor instead of friends or family :)
They will NOT judge you like your sister has xx They are there to listen to you and try and help you through things. The lady i saw was lovely. I would say be prepared for a bit of crying as i cried through most of my councelling sessions. xxx

Well this will probably sound very strange...

I emotional batter myself, and I mean I really go to town putting my self down, and can never see the good in anything I do, say, achieve or create. For example, at my best friends wedding last august, during the best man speech, the best man said something to the effect of "Well I know the best man is supposed to try it on with the maid of honour, but unfortunately she is engaged" Well I burst in with a comment and this is in front of probably 60-80 people and said "Na you'd never try it on with me! look at you and look at me! your not blind!" and to make matters worse he didn't hear me so passed me the microphone to repeat myself very loudly so everyone could hear.

Well it's better for me to say than others to think it right?!?! wrong! I spent all night listening to people give me sympathy and discuss diets and weight loss, the one day in my whole life I didn't want to think about a bloody diet.

So what I did is I said to myself for every bad thing, when I think about a negative point, instead of focussing on a negative, I think of 2 positives, too really see if this positive mental attitude crap did work, and for me it did!

I'd look at all 20st something of me and think "ugh god look at the state of you, your a fat disgusting mess"

And instead, I'd think d'ya know what, my best friends doesn't care if I'm 2 or 200 stone, she loves me warts and all, I've got a lovely fiancee who worships the ground I walk on, and other than over indulging myself, I'm a lovely thoughtful person, I'm kind and caring and I'd rather be me than a stick thin, stuck up mare!

wow! what a rant. Just try it for a week. It's unlikely that it's gonna make you feel any worse about a situation, if it's making you feel depressed. What have you got to lose? if it doesn't work, it doesn't work and you may have to find a new strategy.

Trust me, a counsellor will analyse you, not judge you. they are there to help. I've never had a counsellor, I was prescribed medication by my doctor, I asked for her opinion on which route she thought I should follow. I've seen a mental heath consultant to get me diagnosed, it felt more of an assessment ( not sure if you would class it as counselling)

Last edited:
Back