ProPoints Azwethinkweiz (Sarah)s new food diary!

Don't lie to the doctor for your mums sake, Antidepressants take upto to 6 months to have any effect! on average they take 6-12 weeks to work! be honest with your doctors and sod your mums opinion she isn't in your head <3

Well she was there. Giving it full barrel about how useless the pills are. Fortunately for me the doctor sat there, folded her arms, listened to my mum and then said "after talking to Sarah the times she was here with me before, I _do_ think she is clinically depressed" then went on to say about how long the medication takes to work and that I might benefit from counseling or CBT. I like that doctor. I have to go back to her next week again but have been signed off work another week now because she wants to give the pills another week... Had a nice chat to her on my own too.
I wish I had words to express how thankful I am to my doctor. She even said she would ring my mother to talk to her about my condition to try and make her more understandable & patient with me. I feel like a weights been lifted a bit.

I really appreciate everyone here coming on my diary and giving me advice too xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Well she was there. Giving it full barrel about how useless the pills are. Fortunately for me the doctor sat there, folded her arms, listened to my mum and then said "after talking to Sarah the times she was here with me before, I _do_ think she is clinically depressed" then went on to say about how long the medication takes to work and that I might benefit from counseling or CBT. I like that doctor. I have to go back to her next week again but have been signed off work another week now because she wants to give the pills another week... Had a nice chat to her on my own too.
I wish I had words to express how thankful I am to my doctor. She even said she would ring my mother to talk to her about my condition to try and make her more understandable & patient with me. I feel like a weights been lifted a bit.

I really appreciate everyone here coming on my diary and giving me advice too xx

you definately have a brilliant doctor :) hopefully your mum will stop badgering you now. Kind of wish i could see the expression on your mums face when the doctor told her whats what :) hehe

hope you are doing ok today :)

Sarah that's good I'm so glad you have an understanding doctor, maybe your mum will have a chat to your dad and he'll make her see sense too. You may not be feeling much better but you certainly sound a bit brighter:)

I think I expected the doctor to agree with my mum. Unfortunately there's things I told the doctor that I wouldn't tell my mum because I don't want her to worry. She seems to have convinced my mum that there is something wrong. And my mum said I've always been like this... And then realized that there's been something wrong for a long time. I'm feeling a bit better that I haven't been taken off the meds or anything. Mum said she would ring as counselor for me and arrange an appointment & if I don't like it then I don't have to go back & we'll try something else. My dad came and gave me a hug there and said "don't worry, we'll get you sorted" which was nice.
My OH is coming to see me later. Unfortunately I hurt my foot a bit while out running yesterday so can't go out jogging today but might go for a long walk or do some baking. Don't think work will be happy that I'm out another week though...

Well that's just tough on them.. You're health is your wealth at the end of the end of the day and if your doc thought you didn't need the time, she wouldn't have given it!!
Glad things are starting to feel lighter on yer shoulders.. Todays seems to be good all round :) xx

Thanks Frances. Appreciate that. Doubt they'll see it that way but sure I'd probably be no good to them the way I've been the last week. Hoping I'll feel better next week xx

azwethinkweiz said:
Thanks Frances. Appreciate that. Doubt they'll see it that way but sure I'd probably be no good to them the way I've been the last week. Hoping I'll feel better next week xx

Well u just forget them for now n concentrate on number 1! Xxx

Hey Sarah,
I'm so glad u have an understanding doctor. It really does make things easier on you to know there is someone there unconditionally for you! And use her as such!
Unfortunately sometimes people listen more to professionals that anybody else so hopefully ur mum will come around once a professional is backing up what uve been saying all along.
I know it's hard worrying about work (I was out for 5months with my back) but u come first and that's all that matters. Take the time u need for meds to kick in and everything else comes after...
Hugs hon. Hope they start to kick in soon. xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dubchick81 said:
Well u just forget them for now n concentrate on number 1! Xxx

Haha telling me not to worry is like telling the world not to go round. Inevitable! But I shall try :) x

BoS83 said:
Hey Sarah,
I'm so glad u have an understanding doctor. It really does make things easier on you to know there is someone there unconditionally for you! And use her as such!
Unfortunately sometimes people listen more to professionals that anybody else so hopefully ur mum will come around once a professional is backing up what uve been saying all along.
I know it's hard worrying about work (I was out for 5months with my back) but u come first and that's all that matters. Take the time u need for meds to kick in and everything else comes after...
Hugs hon. Hope they start to kick in soon. xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hon! Yes she has been great so far. Says she hates to see someone so young struggle with something like this and that she'll do what she can to help. Has said I can come back anytime to talk to her if I feel I can't talk to others. She's been very understanding luckily enough.
I think my mum knows I need some kind of help. She wants me to stop being so negative and so hard on myself apparently. So she's looking into CBT for me. Hmm.

Aye, I am worried about work and if I think about it too much I get all on a tizzy over it. I nearly feel like quiting simply because I feel like I can't do it anymore? But maybe I'll feel better than this in a week or so... So no rash decisions yet lol. X

Hey Hun. So pleased your doctor was so brilliant! And glad ur mum is trying to help. Just focus on u :) x

Thanks Carly :) xx

Unfortunately ladies, my diet seems to have gone completely out the window? I ate a 100g bar of chocolate over the course of the day!? I can't seem to stop, its like I'm hungry _all_ the time the last couple weeks. Doctor did say the medication could affect my appetite and weight but I'm thinking I'm going to gain a few pound now and really I needed to lose a few pound. Any advice?
The only good thing I suppose I'm doing is keeping up my jogging. Went for another 5k run today. That's 3 runs this week so far. Might try for another tomorrow. There's no way its counteracting all this food though :(

Well done for the running chick.. could u try simply filling again... remember ur health is key... I have found a new tasty choc treat... rocky crispy and crunchy - blue wrapper and 2pp - really sweet :D xx

Quite low. Been lying in my room for about 5 hours now. I will get up now I think. I am overeating since starting on my medication again which is making me feel terrible too. Can't seem to control it? Just hungrier than I usually am and I dunno why!? So strange and annoying.

azwethinkweiz said:
Quite low. Been lying in my room for about 5 hours now. I will get up now I think. I am overeating since starting on my medication again which is making me feel terrible too. Can't seem to control it? Just hungrier than I usually am and I dunno why!? So strange and annoying.

Aww u poor thing :-(
At least u still do a lot of excercise though!
Its more important to get better than worry bout your diet x

blonde_sue said:
Aww u poor thing :-(
At least u still do a lot of excercise though!
Its more important to get better than worry bout your diet x

Thanks hon. I am trying to get better. Just don't wanna put on a load of weight but at the same time don't have the motivation for the diet at the moment. I might try start afresh tomorrow though. X

azwethinkweiz said:
Thanks hon. I am trying to get better. Just don't wanna put on a load of weight but at the same time don't have the motivation for the diet at the moment. I might try start afresh tomorrow though. X

I don't think it'll be good for you if you give up on the diet completely. You'll feel worse. Sorry I don't wanna sound horrid but I know I would:(. Why don't you start again tomorrow.................oooooo I know let's do it together, I'm restarting tomorrow we could always support each other on the exercise too.

I hate hearing you feeling so down:(. Please do positive things, keep busy don't stay in your room thinking negative thoughts, you'll feel worse (easier said than done I know) but you've gotta get baking running, cooking, go for a drive, a walk, see friends. Speak to people.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I agree with Tracy .... having control of your diet will help as at the moment your illness is controlling you .... Its better to bring in control of something that you know can help ... Your illness or condition shall we say (illness just makes it seems like its a one off I think) will eventually improve if you help yourself in other areas (I hope that hasn't come across mean, ive not meant it to) big hugs sarah xxxxxxx

No it doesn't sound mean. Every morning I wake and say I won't be so bad with my eating but I end up doing it anyway like I can't stop myself. It was never this hard when I started so I don't know why I find it so hard the last few weeks. I think I'm probably hitting around 11st 5 or 6 now (I'm verrrry bloated) and I'm quite ashamed of myself. I feel really stupid and fat.

Back