B210K

I did 4 miles yesterday and today. My knee still not 100%, but will not be running until Wed now, so hopefully will have time to sort itself out!
I am quite frustrated, I have a 10k race 4 weeks today, but don't think I will be ready now. I am very cautious about my running now, so daren't push myself until I know my knee is back to normal. :-(

Shazzabir said:
I did 4 miles yesterday and today. My knee still not 100%, but will not be running until Wed now, so hopefully will have time to sort itself out!
I am quite frustrated, I have a 10k race 4 weeks today, but don't think I will be ready now. I am very cautious about my running now, so daren't push myself until I know my knee is back to normal. :-(

You'll be fine! If you're already running 4miles with 4 weeks to go, it's only half a mile to add on each week :) good luck

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Hey girls, I'm still here! It has got a bit quiet on here, I hope everyone is still okay. I am sticking to my schedule of 3 runs a week - 2 1hour runs and then 1 longer one at the weekend, which I am increasing by 1km each time. I did my long run (12km) on the treadmill as opposed to outside on Saturday and thought it was a slog, the feeling afterwards was BRILLIANT. I kinda love that wiped-out feeling, what a weirdo....;)
I still haven't found any races I can run in yet though so that's my next step.

bs - are you going for a 1/2 marathon too?
shaz - did you ever get the 1/2 marathon thread up and running?

amazing how liberating and motivating it is achieving these 5 and 10k challenges!? :)

I don't really know what I'm doing (I know, I need a goal!) Half-marathon would be AWESOME achievement. Mind you, so was 5 k and 10k and every step along the way has made me very proud of myself, as I'm not a "natural" sportswoman! I can't believe how beneficial it has been to my mental health and stress levels! x

I have finally got round to setting the half marathon thread up. Titled, half Marathon training.
I am starting my first long run next w/e.

Bs, I love the feeling of achievement I get from running. It feels like an obsession sometimes though, even when im not running I am always thinking about running, looking at ways to improve, running clothes, watching runners going by......what have I become!!
By the way your doing fantastic!!

Thanks, Shazza. To be 100% honest, since I have made great progress with sport, I seem to have let my diet go out the window. If only I could get that back on track again I would stop sabotaging my own weight-loss!! Or maybe I'm a lot hungrier these days and need extra fuel lol. Mind you, I was comparing how much I eat with my brother and sister the other day and they apparently don't really bother with evening meals / skip breakfast / have tiny lunches/ have nothing in the fridge etc. We all came to the conclusion that I am an absolute monster when it comes to food. I never miss a meal - 3 hearty meals a day, PLUS snacks. So maybe I should count myself lucky not to be even bigger than I am!

I seem to be an absolute pig with food. My appetite has doubled since running, but luckily for me I am only 2lb away from goal.
I always have to have 3 meals and 2 snacks. Gosh I would b so grumpy if I didn't!!

Well I'm back & though I'm still sniffling I managed week 4 day 2 last night, albelit slowly. My diet hasnt been 100% over the weekend either with not feeling great. I'm hoping that I'll get out again tomorrow though I did feel slightly more sniffly this morning so maybe running isnt a good idea until I'm 100% better... any suggestions?

Well done Sweet!
I am guilty of running when I am recovering, but I only do short distances and running a bit slower. Just listen to your body :)

I managed a 60 min run today. I did wear several supports on my knees and ankles though, just in case. The run itself was fab, a little sore when the supports came off, but I can cope with that!!!!!!! So only 2 more runs until I complete B210K :)

I will have a few days rest, then aiming for a 10k outside on Saturday. We are going to Chatsworth for the weekend, so a great place for running.

I've decided I have a psychological barrier to B210k. I think it's the time that you have to commit to, it just seems SO long!! I'm going to go back to C25k and concentrate on getting my speeds up. maybe try the 10k in a few months. I'll still be lurking here though because you are all so inspirational to me. Well done all of you.

That's a shame Fiona, hopefully you will be back soon though :)

I did a 5 mile run on Chatsworth estate yesterday. Was lovely scenery. Knee still going well, although still running with supports on :)

I'd love to be able to run somewhere like this every day!

image-3871101386.jpg

Anyone in England who gets the chance, should visit Leeds castle. The grounds are just beautiful.

Back