B210K

Ooohh might def have to now. How long does it take to charge? I was hoping to go out for a run at lunchtime. Might get two and a half hours charging.....

They recommend 3 hours but mine didnt take as long

Shazzabir said:
Sweet: I live on MFP, it's great seeing all the exercise cals. :)

Fiona: well done that's a great achievement!!!
The only advice I have is slow your pace down a bit when you start B210K. Good luck :)

I've had a look at the app, it seems like a backward step though?? Teeny tiny runs and long walks?? Is that right? TBH I was thinking of skipping the first few weeks? Good idea or bad? Or is it all about building endurance?

I thought that, and I couldn't definitively say either way, but glad I followed the app in the end. The first week has knocked a few I think. I think for me the second run was tough (but I was still smoking at the time, its all vastly improved since o stopped). I think the other option is to just add extra minutes to your continuous 30 min time. Though I never did discover why the programme itself didn't recommend this approach.

Fiona, the first week is 10 min run, 1 min walk, I wouldn't call that teeny tiny running and lots of walking!! If you skip a coupke of weeks you will struggle and probably sustain an injury.

I don't know why the rest of you are worrying about your times!! I do about a 12m30s mile which is definitely slow so stop worrying about your speed, get out there and enjoy it and build your endurance.

Fiona: this is a screenshoot of the app I have. Week 1 is 4 x 10 min runs.

Attachments

• image-36965249.jpg
    image-36965249.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 34
Sweet: I only log exercise I have done on MFP. What is your username?

I don't know why the rest of you are worrying about your times!! I do about a 12m30s mile which is definitely slow so stop worrying about your speed, get out there and enjoy it and build your endurance.

I'm not worried about times, I just want to add some variety now so that I don't get bored. I have been running for an hour three times a week for a month now - I can't really afford to spend more time than an hour a go, not at the moment anyway.

What is MFP?

OK so my little Garmin turned up today. Or rather I'm running late for work. I won't be running today though as I've been up most the night with a call out for work. Still, it gives me a good excuse for being late. Am sat on train sussing it out as we speak. :)

Shazzabir said:
Fiona: this is a screenshoot of the app I have. Week 1 is 4 x 10 min runs.

Thanks Shazza, what I've got is actually a couch to 10k which explains why it starts off so slowly. I tried to get b210k but it wouldn't install for some reason. It's cos I'm a cheapskate and like to get apps free. Lol! Anyway I'll give this one a go and see how I get on.

Shazz, my username on mfp is sweetpinkshrinks :D Had stopped logging my details in for a while but am starting again coz it gives me a clearer picture of whether I am eating enough or eating too much if that makes sense. Plus I got great losses when I used it the last time.

Pinkie, glad you got it this morning. I havent tried sending info across to my laptop yet but I think for the 305 this has to be done by usb rather than wirelessly.

Fiona, shame you couldnt get the app downloaded. I have done the first week without an app just by using a digital watch & it has been fine.

Coach, I'm not worried about my times but think its nice to have something recorded so that hopefully down the line I can see an improvement both in my pace & fitness. At the minute I'm just about fitting in a run twice a week so like biggysmalls will struggle to fit in anymore than 60 minutes. I like to always have a goal to aim for so thinking beyond B201k I will have to go for pace at least until my youngest starts school & then hopefully I'll be able to start building up my endurance a bit more.

coachnomad said:
That's a shame you couldn't upload the app Fiona. At least it explains why you've got lots of walking!! Hope you get on okay with it :)

I started the C210K app at 10 minutes run 1 minute walk, 4 times. I really shouldn't have done, it was really hard! It shocked me a bit. So next time I'll go back to maybe 5 minutes run 1 minute walk and go from there. Given that I was running 35 minutes on C25K, not being able to run 10 mins 4 times seemed daft to me. Bodies are funny things. Lol!! Still, it's a good app that I ended up with, I just need to be sensible. :)

Stick with it Fiona. I think the majority of us found that 1st 4 x 10min runs session strangely difficult.

It does get easier I promise. x :)

Yes stick with it Fiona. I think the 1st week is the hardest. You can do it!! :)

Hi everyone, I think I might have got my value for money from my new sports watch already! (ok, slight exaggeration!) I went out tonight in the rain with my new garmin and it really motivated me. I focussed on distance for the first time ever. It was very empowering! I actually ended up running for 11km (one hour fifteen) and burning almost 900 calories. A new lease of life for my running, I can't believe I ran so much tonight....Four months ago I couldn't run the length of myself ;-)
Also I must say, minimins is the only forum I go on. I would never have even have heard of c25k/B25k, yet alone attempted them, if it wasn't for this forum and all your support. X

Hi everyone, I think I might have got my value for money from my new sports watch already! (ok, slight exaggeration!) I went out tonight in the rain with my new garmin and it really motivated me. I focussed on distance for the first time ever. It was very empowering! I actually ended up running for 11km (one hour fifteen) and burning almost 900 calories. A new lease of life for my running, I can't believe I ran so much tonight....Four months ago I couldn't run the length of myself ;-)
Also I must say, minimins is the only forum I go on. I would never have even have heard of c25k/B25k, yet alone attempted them, if it wasn't for this forum and all your support. X

Wow that is fantastic biggysmalls!!!! I did try to rep you but I need to spread the love a bit more first!!!! :eek:

I think its great as it gives us something to aim towards & a record to show improvement..... & 900 calories... wow!!!!! I think I need to up my running ;)

Pinkie, have you managed a play with yours yet???

It's taken me a couple of months longer (and OK I still haven't done the 60 min run yet) - but I echo that sentiment absolutely. It is extremely empowering I agree. I have a real sense of 'I can do anything' these days. A nice place to be I think.

*sweet pink - I loaded the software on the pc last night, will be using it lunchtime today. My phone already had runkeeper on it - so that was fab when the GPS worked - however, the GPS could be somewhat temperamental. This will be much easier though a bit more manual - but realistically fine for what I want. If I want it all I have to be prepared to spend £270, and I'm not. My son (9 this month) is eyeing up the bloody Garmin though! He has plans for it timing his cross country runs etc lol

Back