B210K

Your all making me want a Garmin!!! What do u all think to the size? Also can u put routes on the watch? Does it show you where to go?

Hi Shazzabir, I find the size absolutely fine, no worries at all.

As for routes etc, I still haven't looked into all that but hopefully someone smarter will be along to tell you about some the features. I am pretty sure I was only utilising a small percentage of the features on my run last night but I need to find some time to sit down with it and have a play.

For example I could see my heart rate but have no idea what it means (if anything). There seems to be features on there about different heart rate zones for example.

Also, I have only just got it, so some of my excitement is due, no doubt, to the fact that it's a new toy for me. Having said that, I do believe I will still get great use out of it once the novelty has worn off too.

Having bought it I'm a bit skint this month now. I also really need new trainers as my old battered ones are seriously not waterproof any more and my feet get soaked. I don't really know how much I need to spend / if there's anything I need to look for etc. so i keep putting it off but now the winter seems to be here (!) trainers are the next thing on my shopping list.

Hi Shazza and Jools, I will persevere, promise! Lol! Day off today because we're popping home to do some little jobs, the only exercise will probably be a bit of walking ( unless I decide to squeeze in a shred. Lol!)

I actually ended up running for 11km (one hour fifteen) and burning almost 900 calories.

Well done. I'm soooooooooooooo jealous!! x :jelous: :)

image-2537564018.jpg

This is where I've been running this last fortnight ! Really pretty and loads of different trails so you can go a different way each time! We'll be somewhere different next week so I don't know where I'll be running.

Attachments

• image-1558501286.jpg
    image-1558501286.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 37
Gorgeous Fiona. Far prettier than the streets I pound!! Although I do sometime run along the beach. x :)

That's a fantastic time Pinkie!!! I am aiming to do 10k in 60 mins. I am now running it in 65 mins, so getting there. I have until 23rd October to reach my target, so should be able to manage it.

Great place to run Fiona!!

Well done Shazz & Pinkie< I cant wait until I'm doing a full 10k even if it does take a bit longer!!!!

I done week 2 day 1 today & that felt a lot better than week 1. Its definitely the stopping & starting bit I hate!!! :eek: According to the garmin I covered 7.30k (though I did do a quick warm up & cooldown so probably just under the 7 for the running part. Pace wise I'm running mostly between 7 minutes & 7 minutes 20 second kms so not too bad but still room for improvement. Great news is the 640 calories that I burnt doing it though :D

I love this thread! You are all very inspiring. Even though I love running alone, I love catching up on here x

** Just Jools ** said:
Gorgeous Fiona. Far prettier than the streets I pound!! Although I do sometime run along the beach. x :)

I'd love to be able to run by the sea! Luckily if I walk for 5 minutes I get to be on an esplanade by a river, which is much more encouraging to run along! I'd hate to have to run along the streets of my home!! Too many people to meet and be laughed at by!!lol!

Having just moved I think I'm now going to be running the srreets instead if the lovely places I was running :-( Still it will give me an opportunity to explore and you never know where I might end up!!

I'm lucky in that my house backs onto a canal so I am able to run along the towpath which is nice (& flat :eek:) My aim is to be able to run from 1 village to the next & back along it which is approx 10k so hopefully it wont be long :D

How come it's your last day of running on the common? Do you come from there? I used to live in Wimbledon x

I would like to find some new places to run - I have one but I go there pretty much all the time! It's beautiful though. In terms of finding new places, there's a lot to bear in mind, I have many, many requirements!

-I would rather not drive too far if at all to get there
-It should be quiet but not deserted
-Away from the streets and passing cars if possible
-Not too hilly
-lots of tracks/trails/footpaths so I can listen to music safely

What a DIVA!

I'm with you Biggysmalls though where I run ticks all your boxes :D

Back