B210K

How come it's your last day of running on the common? Do you come from there? I used to live in Wimbledon x

We work on the fairground, this is our last weekend here, next week we'll be at Addington, near Croydon so I'll have to search for somewhere else to run. It certainly stops you getting bored when you're running, a new route every week or so. Lol!!:D:D

That sounds so cool running in new places every few weeks!! Fiona, you should post photos of your runs for us to see x

We work on the fairground, this is our last weekend here, next week we'll be at Addington, near Croydon so I'll have to search for somewhere else to run. It certainly stops you getting bored when you're running, a new route every week or so. Lol!!:D:D

How exciting! Do you travel the whole country? x :)

I did week 3 day 1 yesterday and was fine with it. Thought I was going to struggle as haven't really been out in the last couple of weeks. I sort of had a route in mind but deviated it from it while out. When I finished the run I didn't know where I was and had to get directions from the petrol station!!! Turns out I was about a mile from home so decided to run that mile as well as it was easier and quicker than running!!!

According to the app I did 3.57m and my run pace was 22min/mile. Now I know this isn't accurate as I walk faster than that without trying and was overtaking other people walking. I had to have covered a greater distance than week 2 day 3 as I was out for longer so I must have done about 4.5 miles plus my extra mile. I did notice that during the whole run the GPS was orange instead of green which means it was a weak signal so doesn't record the information properly. I shall just have to live with that until such time as I finish the app and then I can go out using the Nike+ app which will record everything more accurately.

Thanks Pinkie. The only reason I'm using the B210k app is so I know when to run and walk without keeping an eye on a watch. I'll stick with the app but it is annoying! Oh well, I know I've done more than that so that's all that matters :)

coachnomad said:
Thanks Pinkie. The only reason I'm using the B210k app is so I know when to run and walk without keeping an eye on a watch. I'll stick with the app but it is annoying! Oh well, I know I've done more than that so that's all that matters :)

Do you have an iPhone! Cos if so you can use the b210k app alongside the Nike+ app as thats what I do, and I find the nike+ ever so slightly more accurate :) x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Thanks Welshtigger. I do have an iphone but unfortunately its not a new enough model to do that. I tried it but it wouldn't work and I emailed the app people who told me it wouldn't work :-( It's only for another couple of weeks :)

Its totally blowing a gale here at the minute but I've been looking forward to my next run so think I will go ahead with it (hubby thinks I'm nuts though!!!) Oh well if you dont here from me later you'll know I've been blown away!!!! :8855:

sweet pink said:
Its totally blowing a gale here at the minute but I've been looking forward to my next run so think I will go ahead with it (hubby thinks I'm nuts though!!!) Oh well if you dont here from me later you'll know I've been blown away!!!! :8855:

It it's blowing the right direction it might speed you up! X

Well I survived my run tonight & actually really enjoyed it. The wind was blowing to my side so at least I wasnt having to run against it either way. My speed was up slightly tonight with my best at just under 5 minutes a km but most of the time I was around 6.5/7. I'm really looking forward to my next run on wednesday now :)

I'm impressed Sweet, well done. I fancied running outside, but the wind is just too strong, so jumped on the treadmill instead. I did week 5 day 2 tonight.
My next run will not be until Thurs now :-(

I was talking at work about wanting a Garmin watch, turns out someone I work with has a friend that has just put one on eBay. It is a 405 I think. Anyway it is now off eBay and I will be getting it this week. I know it is 2nd hand, but it is meant to be in really good condition. Exciting!!!!

Thats fantastic Shazz!!! I think the 405 has even more features if I can remember correctly!!! I'm still just using mine in the most basic way but I'm sure i'll get into the way of it soon.

I have to say though the wind was strong it was really nice to run in. Any stronger though & I dont think I would have ventured out... hubby already thinks I'm mad!!! lol

Really, thanks Sweet, more excited now!!!

I signed up this weekend to do Silverstone half marathon in March. I was freaking out a bit after I had done it, but feel a bit better knowing Pinkie is also considering it. Is anyone else thinking about progressing once we finish B210k?

Well, I haven't signed up for anything but am feeling increasingly like I should. It's really good to have something to aim for.
I have been at 10km (or one hour, though i can't actually do 10km in one hour yet) for about a month now and while I still enjoy it, I don't feel the same sense of progress as I did while on c25k or B210k so I think that maybe signing up for a half marathon would be the next step. Unbelievable though! for me xx

Shazzabir, another thing - have you thought about a training schedule for your half marathon yet? I'd be interested to know what it is. Also, if you migrate to another thread/set one up for your next running challenge, do let me know! All the best x

Back