Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Evening all

Just reporting in with the days totals :p -
So I have finished on 8.5syns -not as many as I hoped, but still more than I was managing last week :D
I just have to eat my healthyB -cereal bar ;)
and I have clocked up 2hr 6 mins on the wii :D
Right -I will get off and have my HB and then have a veg out before I go to bed....
Hope everyon has had a great day :D

Goooooooooooooooood Morning all

Got up in fine fettle this morning :character00238: -this is becoming a habbit :p
Today -well we have overcast and hazy, but at least its still bright out there

Well my EE meal plan for today is :-
  • 250ml semi skimmed (A)
  • lemon juice in warm water
  • fresh pineapple
  • chopped banana
  • natural yogurt
  • omelette -with ham, onions, mushrooms, peas and corn
  • fruit
  • Jacket potato
  • cottage cheese
  • salad
  • fruit
  • creamy yogurt (8)
  • 2 ryvita (B)
  • 1 laughing cow light (1.5)
Hubby has requested the jacket n cottage cheese and as its a no think dinner -"who am I to argue?" :p -It has always been one of our faves anyway;)
Im trying something a bit different today -I don't really like having a cereal bar eveyday, just because I want to use my B -so I will have the 2 ryvitas and then "buy" a laughing cow light -lets see if that works any better:confused:
Right I will get off -have a great day everyone :D

Last edited:
So, here ends another day :D
I have managed to use 9,5 syns up and done 3hrs 53mins on the wii :sign0151:
Its nearly weigh day again (Sunday) and so pinkies crossed for good things:p. Im noticing a difference now... for a start Im holding myself better, and hubby comented yesterday that I need some new trousers as "the backside is that baggy I could carry the shopping in there" :8855:Im holding off a little longer as i have a long way to go.. but I have promised myself that as soon as something is too big (and I have something to replace it) I am dumping it, I figure that if I get rid I can't get lax and think "well I still have XYZ to wear"
See this time I think I have finally found the right mind set -and I KNOW I can and will do this ;)
Right -off I go again :D

Morning all

I have been up for a while so thought I would do my morning :blahblah:
I have been thinking about why/how I got to the size I am...Im under no illusion, I don't have metabolic issues, Its not down to my genes ...... its down to my mouth and my feet -1 for moving too much and the other not moving enough *I will let you figure out which is which* :p

I have to say though that I often recall a time before I was old enough to be at school -my dad was my main carer -he was too poorley to work -so he looked after me and mum worked -anyway... there is one day a week that is etched on my mind ....this is how that day would go-every week :eek: :-
  • up and have brekkie -bacon sandwiches with tomato sauce (4 slices), mug of tea with 2 sugars
  • off up to the post office -a curly wurly. merry maids or rollos
  • into town -pick up the few bits and then stop of in the market for a BIG crusty cob with cheese n tomato on (another cuppa)
  • back down to visit mamma -stopping off at the bakery on the way...
  • At mammas -cup of tea, with a pastie from the bakery
  • Back home -and it was now LUNCH time :eek:
I adored my dad -so matched him like for like :eek:the problem being that I wasn't even 5, and dad never shifted from between 10st 7lb and 10st 11lb :eek: -so I guess I have always had the tendancy to to eat a "pea more than a pig" :8855:
The strange thing is that until I started school I was a tiny thing... mum(and dad) could both cook up a storm -and rarely had anything processed in the house -but home made bread/cakes etc were always in the house but with 5 kids to feed Im not suprised.
Luckily the only thing I didn't adopt from dad was his love of cakes n biscuits -I adopted his "savoury tooth" -thank god I didn't get the cake one too :p.... let me loose on pasties, sausage rolls, pork pie, crisps and I am in piggie heaven (as long as the pastries are cold)

I went straight to catering college from school and qualified as a chef at 18 (never done it as a job though;)) -so there continued my love affair with food... its a double edged sword I guess -I can cook well, which means once I get my head into gear I can easily prepare healthy dishes, but also being so obsessed with food and cooking means much temptation -especially when I can make wicked bread/baguettes etc :eek: -The SW books are a god send as it means I have more structure to what Im cooking (Im more of a "make it up as I go along kinda cook" normally -I love creating)....
Corrrr I bet you weren't expecting my life story were you :giggle:
Anyway -I guess that is (in part) why I have got to the size I have got to.... out n out greed...pure n simple really isn't it .....
-------------------------------------------------------
and there is the line that I have drawn under that part of my life....
Im now on a new chapter -one that isn't ruled by my belly....and Im loving it -I know Im only on my 6th week and have a looooooong way to go -BUT as yet I haven't weakend once and I really seem to have my eating and exercise sorted :wee:

right enough of that :eek: -for anyone who hasn't lost the will to live -here is my EE meal plan for the day:-
  • 250ml semi skimmed (A)
  • pineapple
  • apple
  • banana
  • natural yogurt
  • steamed potatoes
  • salad
  • ham
  • fruit
  • Indian curried pork patties
  • sauted potatoes/onions
  • salad
  • yogurt/cucumber dip
  • creamy yogurt (8)
  • cereal bar (B)
Its only 8syns but it means I will have used up more than last week *must add up my total for the week*..
I may adjust the seasoning to the patties as Im sure the variations are endless mmmmmm
Right -now I have bored you all ridgid I will get off..
Have a great weekend everyon and keep plugging away at it :D

Hello lovely lady

I love reading your diary, and i just wanted to say thank you for sharing part of your past in it. It isnt easy to admit the whys and wherefores we have done wrong etc, so all credit to you for being able to recognise them and draw the line under them. Keep going hun, WE ARE GOING TO DO IT!!!! and its not boring in the slightest, its a real pleasure getting to know you

XXX

Awww I enjoyed reading that Capricorn, it was interesting and not boring in the slightest!!

You sound bang on track and motivated, that's just great :) Long may it continue.

Pinkies crossed for your WI tomorrow xxx

Hello Capricorn.

Just been flicking through your diary and its good to see some food ideas on EE. Great losses by the way, 20lb and thats only been in 3 weeks!!

You must have lots of motivation and this forum is brilliant for those doing it from home too, great recipe ideas too.

I'd like to say hello, I'm Nikki, 41 yrs old, mum of 3 (21, 20 and 17), live in sunny Essex and I work with teenagers going through a crisis (thats me in a nutshell) It would be good to pop in and out if you don't mind. I have a diary too and need all the support I can get right now, only on week 2 :). x

Came across your story quite by accident whilst looking for some inspiration. Now I have found some. Im rejoining SW asap after dabbling with alsorts of other diets for the best part of about 10 years, however I have always been over weight.
I have my wii fit ready for action and may even get it out now for some stepping to eurovision cheese.
Thank you.

Ooooohh evening everyone...I have visitors:bliss:

Im glad folks are coming to talk to me -not that I can't rattle on to myself, I do it in real life all the time :p

Thanks Losc.... its really strange as I went and read back what I wrote this morning and it was as though someone else had written it :confused:... I have always been honest with myself about my size... I also know that another part behind my messed up view of eating started when we lost my dad... he died on my 16th birthday and I remember clearly my mum and one of my sisters not being able to eat with grief... I automatically registered that if i I wanted to prove I was "fine" then I must eat...and eat I did -just seems I never stopped :eek: -cor the things Im confessing on here, its like therapy :8855:
Bev-thanks for the crossed pinkies for tomorrow ... I know I have stuck to it and exercised, so thats all I can do ;)
Hi Nikki -come and chat with me any time you like...I will find your diary tomorrow and catch up with your journey ..... If I can offer any support -you are welcome to it ;)
Tatws -Hello ....awe shucks thanks for thinking I have given you a little inspiration :D. I don't know if it would help you but there is a group that started up not long ago -called "queensize to princess" on the groups section -Losc and bev are on there too -we all have lots to lose, and everyone one on there is so helpful and encouraging -feel free to come and join us, and please feel free to come on here and rattle to me if you think it will help... good luck with SW -Im loving it ;)

Well folks -my general night time waffle is...
I have been naughty and not had my healthy B today -oh and I haven't had my 8 syn yogurt either -I just haven't felt the need for it this evening :eek:. I will total up tomorrow morning how many syns I have had this week -I have really tried to use more.
Oh and I have clocked up 2hrs 54mins on the wii -including beating hubby at tennis and boxing :8855:
Right I had better get to bed..
Sleep well all and hope tomorrow brings nice things to us all:D

Good morning all -and so another week begins :D

Just weighed in and I have lost 3lbs this week :party0049:-so that takes me to 1st 9lbs off :D and as long as I lose something next week I will drop into a new stone bracket :gimi:
ooohh and hubby lost 3lb too :clap: -and thats is after him drinking a FULL bottle of red wine last night ...how that works I don't know :eek:
On the NSV (Non Scale Victory) front I have also lost 4" off my bra band measurement too :faint2: - I only know this because my fave bra was getting decidedly old -so before buying any new I went in my drawer where I had some bras that were too small (they sent me the wrong ones :rolleyes:) and thought I would try one on -and B*gger my old boots if they don't fit -and on the tightest hooks :banana dancer: -so that has saved me some cash too!

Well hubby is off to play at the warsteiner golf competition today (its going to be a late finish)-so Im going to get on with my x-stitch AND do some Wii of course :angel09::8855:

My EE meal plan for today is set to be:-
  • 250ml semi skimmed(A)
  • Lemon juice in warm water
  • fresh pineapple
  • apple
  • banana
  • natural yogurt
  • Indian curried pork patties -left from last night
  • potatoes
  • salad
  • orange
  • roast chicken
  • potatoes
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • green beans
  • cabbage
  • peas
  • cereal bar (B)
  • creamy yogurt (8)
I think thats me about done for now...hope everyone has a great day and has lots of positive feelings....
Come on folks -thats a little bit closer we are getting;)

Morning Capricorn.. way to go girlie on your 3lb loss this morning :) and hubbie too, hey men have a higher metabolism then us, I'm sure that's it :). 4inches off of your chest too?? Wowww, today is just the day you lovce isn't it!! A few more like this next few weeks and that weight will fall away.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll be in and out like a good en, lol.. have a good day. xx

Morning Capricorn!

I've been reading your diary and thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm an ex-service wife (and an ex-wife come to that!) and spent 6 years in Germany and like you, thoroughly enjoyed it.

You're doing brilliantly and you seem really focussed, so keep up the good work - I'm sure you will!!!

Have a great day!

Tracy xxx :)

Well done capricorn, no stopping you now hun! you and bev are leading the challenge starting tom ha ha! I just know your both gonna get every minute done! xx

Evening everyone...
Thankyou to everyone who is visiting me :D and for all the encouragement :p

Losc -Im all ready for the "exercise our butts off challenge" -will be up bright n early (well early anyway ;)) to make a start :character00115:....
TraceJovi -I love it out here -only here until about Octber next year and then we are done :(.
I can only assume you love bon Jovi ....me too :D *ahhhh richie sambora* mmmmmmm
Eternalflame -hubby does a lot of exercise... 2-5 sessions of PT a week at work and as many games of golf as he can fit in plus hockey etc when they need him. He eats pretty much the same as me -but uses his syns for beer/wine/whisky (what a waste)

Well I don't know what has come over me -but I have been alone all day whilst hubby was golfing and ecky thump if I haven't managed to stay on plan :sign0151: one of my many pre-slimming world naughties was the "if no-one sees me eat it -then I DIDN'T" :hide:... I seem to have cured that little habbit. In fact I waited until hubby came in at 7pm to have dinner too!!!!

So today -I have finished on 12 syns and that was all on 1 yogurt :8855:its like a muller corner the choco flake one (but German and bigger) .... It was okay but I think I will stick with my 8syn super creamy ones -they are much nicer ;)
I have done 1hr on the wii -so today was quite a lazy one.... but I will be back at full throttle for tomorrow *have to do the exercise my butt off challenge* :D
Right I will get off and see if I have missed anything else and then Im off to my bed..
Sleep well everyone :D

Morning everyone

Hope everyone has got up full of enthusiasm and focus today :happy036:
I have just done 30mins on the wii, so I thought I would post this whilst I drink my lemon juice in warm water -then I will get my brekkie :D
My EE meal plan looks something like this:-
  • 250ml semi skimmed (A)
  • 2 weetabix (B)
  • 120ml semi skimmed (3)
  • orange
  • ham
  • salad
  • beetroot
  • gherkins
  • apple
  • chilli pork stir fry(0.5)
  • oil (0.5)
  • carrots
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • sugar snaps
  • baby corn
  • cabbage
  • broccoli
  • creamy blueberry yogurt (8)
So that will be 12 syns used for today -can't imagine wanting/needing any more ;)

We were going to nip shopping tonight -but I can put it off until tomorrow at least... I have most things in -so much so that I have very little room in the fridges/freezers :p... BUT I do need frozen peas and corn -I get through loads :D

Right I will get off and get my brekkie -have a lovely day everyone :D

ooohh ooohhh Im back -again...
I have just been filling my online SW food diary and I realised that I was actually eating just stuff that was an "original"menu -so today is now NOT EE -but original ...... it means I can have 2 healthy A+B -so I can have 2 lots of milk (500ml semi)...which means I don't have to spend syns on them :p -so I now need to use an extra B ;)
Free Foods :-
salad, without dressing
sugarsnap peas
baby whole sweetcorn
ham
pork
beetroot
broccoli
cabbage
carrots
gherkins
mushrooms
onions
peppers
spring onions
Apples
oranges

Healthy Extras
a 250ml semi-skimmed milk
a 250ml semi-skimmed milk
b 2 Weetabix/Weetabix Gold/Weet-bix
b _______________________

Syns
sahne yoghurt 8

I normally stick to EE as its easiest when feeding hubby too -but well today Im original and hubby is EE (he has potatoes in his packed lunch) but will eat ryvitas for his B -he loves em
Right -excitement over.... I will get off again :D

Hi Capricorn! Hope you've had a good day.

You could say I love Bon Jovi, just a little bit ......... ;) I'm a Jon girl myself, but if he wasn't available, I'm sure I could cope with Richie!!!! :D I'm going to see them twice next month - paid a ridiculous price for tickets at the O2. Oh well, they're worth it!!! I'm losing track of how many times I've seen them now, but I reckon it'll be 20-ish after the 2 O2 shows! :)

Bye for now and Keep The Faith!!! :D

Tracy

Hi Capricorn! Hope you've had a good day.

You could say I love Bon Jovi, just a little bit ......... ;) I'm a Jon girl myself, but if he wasn't available, I'm sure I could cope with Richie!!!! :D I'm going to see them twice next month - paid a ridiculous price for tickets at the O2. Oh well, they're worth it!!! I'm losing track of how many times I've seen them now, but I reckon it'll be 20-ish after the 2 O2 shows! :)

Bye for now and Keep The Faith!!! :D

Tracy
:8855:...
Well Im not saying I would turn my nose up at jon ;)...
Hope you have a great time ...how could you not -watching them *drool*

Right folks... my day is nearly done...
Just need to eat my yogurt and Im finished ;)
The chilli pork stirfry was yummy -I might have been a little heavy on the chilli :eek: -the marinade for the pork was just (for 2):-
  • 2tbs soy sauce
  • 1tbs runny honey and
  • 1 chopped chilli
I left it in the fridge all day and it was tasty....and just 1.25 syn each
I have finished my exercise for the day....2hr 25mins on the wii -so Im ahead on my 2 week exercise challenge :p

Oh and we nipped to the Naafi earlier and I splashed out on 8 big yankee candles -I have an addiction :p -but I only get them when they are on offer at 2 for €22 -Im stashing extras up ready for when we move back to the uk too ;) -although it makes dusting fun as I have 35 big jars in the living room shhhhhhh..... still -I could have a worse addiction :D
Right Im off to catch up and then Im going to settle down with the DVD as my "big bang theory" season 1+2 arrived today :D-another addiction...I love that programme
Right folks -sleep well....

Last edited:
Back