Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Morning all

Well Im going Red today -so my meal plan looks like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 28g oats (B)
  • banana
  • clementine
  • haddock fillet -steamed
  • cabbage
  • sf jelly with berries (1)
  • apple
  • clementine
  • salmon fillet
  • stir -fry :-
  • 1/4 tsp oil (0.5)
  • onion
  • pepper
  • sugar snaps
  • bean sprouts
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • sf jelly with berries (1)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
So that will be 2A+Bs and 2.5 syns -so I will try and use some more syns as I go -probably on an activia or 2 :D
Well hubby will be home at lunch time -so he is having a bacon omellet .... and I have a big pan of cornedbeef hash on the go -which he fancied for dinner (and it will do a couple of flasks too ;))...
Nothing much else to report here right now so I will get off and wash my hair and make another cuppa :p
Have a great day all -and keep at it,,,,

I give up!!!! I started today really well - I took rice pudding, yogurt and strawberries for my brekkie and ate it on the train - so far so good. Trouble is, by the time the training starts I've been up for 4 hours so I'msoon hungry again. I went to Pret and bought some Bircher muesli (which was lovely btw), ate that at breaktime and had a veggie curry in the canteen at lunchtime. I had intended to nip in Sainsburys to get something for dinner, instead of which I was invited to go for a drink with a couple of my fellow trainees, and it would've been rude to say no!!! After that I was getting hungry and I knew it would be at least 2 hours before I got home, so I nipped in Pret (again!) and bought a sarnie and a piece of cake (the cake was totally unnecessary btw!) to eat on the train.

I thik I'm just gonna go with the flow on Thursdays. I think it's more important to concentrate on the training and bond with my new buddies than to stick rigidly to SW at the moment. I'll try not to make too bad choices but I think I need to give myself a bit of leeway at the moment. I'm gonna aim to STS for now I think and maybe think about shifting the last half a stone when the training is less intense.

So there we are!!! I'm glad to see you're still sticking to it like glue - you wouldn't like to nip over and make my meals on a Thursday would you??? ;-)

Bye for now, lots of love, Trace xxx

Sticky ginger pork marinade recipe

Morning all :D

Trace - You might be right, playing Thursdays by ear might be simpler than stressing and putting yourself under more pressure afterall its only 1 day out of 7 and it would probably make it easier to stick to for the rest of the week ;)
Hope you have a good weekend Mrs :D

Well folks -its still drizzly n overcast here AGAIN :rolleyes:

SO then I think today is going to be Green and its looking like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • 2 eggs -scrimbled
  • 3 clementines
  • sf jelly n berries (1)
  • 1/2 activia (1.25)
  • cauli/veg cheese (A+2)
  • apple
  • sf jelly n berries (1)
  • 1/2 activia (1.25)
  • Cheesy veg pasta
  • 50g pasta -dry weight
  • onions
  • sweetcorn
  • peas
  • 42g low fat cheddar (B)
  • raspberries,strawberries,blueberries,cherries
  • activia (2.5)
So thats 2As+1B and 9syns accounted for.....
Im going to get some more meal plans sorted today so I have a good selection that I can pick from each week and I need to get the rest of the redipe list tyoed up on the PC...
oooh nearly forgot ..here is the sticky ginger pork recipe I did the other day :-
sticky ginger pork marinade

serves 4 @ 3 syns per serving
  1. 4tbs Hoisin sauce 6
  2. 2tbs soy
  3. 2tbs clear honey 5
  4. 1tsp ground ginger
  5. 1tsp 5 spice powder
  6. zest 1 orange
  • Simply mix all the ingredients together and throw in sliced pork/chicken or whatever you fancy and leave to marinade until you are ready to cook
I stuck mine in first thing in the morning and left it all day. I only did half the mix for the 2 of us and to be honest it could probably have done enough meat for 3-4... so if you want to save syns ;)

Right I will get off for now -have a great day everyone...

Last edited:
Good afternoon all

The rain has finally stopped :D -for now at least -twas tipping it down when we nipped out this morning..manky ole weather :sigh:

Anyhoo -today is going to be an EE one... and looks like this:-
  • 8 plums
  • small bowl cornedbeef hash (2)
  • 2 clementines
  • 1 apple
  • activia intensely (2.5)
  • sticky ginger chicken (3)
  • 1/4 tsp oil (0.5) -to stir-fry:-
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • peppers
  • broccoli
  • sugar snaps
  • beansprouts
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 fibre plus bar (B)
so that will be 1A+B and 8syns -
We nipped out early -so I didn't get breaky -just wasn't hungry, then at lunch time I wasn't THAT bothered either but I made myself have a ladle of hash anyhoo....

So then I have my meal plan for next week and the main meals wil be:-
  1. rosemary scented lamb (3.5)
  2. bubble n squeak cakes with luxury vegetable cheese (7.5 + A)
  3. creole pork (2.5)
  4. dead good carbonara (4)
  5. piquant chicken with thyme (3)
  6. Yangchow fried rice (4)
I have left the 7th one empty incase we get a sudden craving for something :p... -knowing me it will be my dead simple cheesy veg pasta nomnomnom :D
The bubble n squeak meal looks quite heavy on syns -but it has butter in :drool: and so I decided "why spoil the ship for a halfpence of tar" and I never use all my syns anyway -so I may as well enjoy my meals :drool:

I got my top up fruit today :-
  • nanas
  • 2 punnets plums
  • 2kg apples
  • 4kg navels
  • and a whole box of clementines
So that *should* last me until about Tuesday :eek: -god I am a greedy moo with the fruit!!, I also picked up 8 salmon fillets as it seems I have run out :slap: ...
OOOhhhh and we picked up a new printer in the naafi -ours was a dead as a dodo... although I still can't get my camera to work through it :rant2:... will keep trying though... I used to like adding pics of my food -it brightened the place up a bit :p
Anyway I will get off for now and :cross: that the scale fairies are kind to me again tomorrow..
Have a lovely afternoon all...

Last edited:
Gooooood morning Slimming worldies :wavey:

Whoop whoop 2.5lb off for me this week :party0049: so I got my 6st shiney :woohoo:... 6st 1.5lb gone so far :bunnydance:
Im chuffed to little mintballs as its * week and I have been a little more relaxed with what I eat... Not eating extra stuff -but If I haven't always got my heBs used I haven't just eaten something to use them (I haven't missed many though), I have listened to my body and If I wasn't hungry I didn't eat and if I was particularly hungry I simply ate more. I know that sounds obvious but its a revelation for me :giggle:
Well then -hubby has gone to the golf "breakfast club" so after I have done this I will get my porridge and then whip up some more meal plans -now I have a printer Im going to get some written up and printed off and stuck in a folder so I can play "lucky dip" :p

Anyhoo my day today is going to be a Red one and is looking like this:-

• apple
  • 28g oats (B) + ryvita seedy
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • Orange
  • Rosemary scented lamb (3.5)
  • 198g potatoes (B) steamed
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • cabbage
  • brussels
  • salmon fillet
  • veggies
  • raspberries,strawberries,blueberries,cherries
  • 250ml semi (A)
So that will be 2A+Bs and 8.5syns accounted for .. Im not sure I will need the salmon n veggies as lunch won't be until about 2:30pm -but I pencilled it in just in case;) and no doubt there will be more fruit inbetween :p

I have some bread underway for hubby and then Im doing extra potatoes/brussels with lunch so I can make the bubble n squeak cakes for tomorrow (saves faffing)

Sian - I haven't tried this carbonara before -but its just what its called ---- Me thinks its because its got single cream in so isn't a lower fat version :drool: -when I have made it I will report back and post the recipe if its a goody ;)

Right I think thats me for now -I will no doubt be back later... have a great day everyone and keep at it!!!

Congratulations Capricorn on your weight loss, you are an inspiration! :):) You must be so proud of what you have achieved. Also thank you for lots of recipe ideas. Hope you have a good dayX

Re: Shedding the wobble

Congrats on your loss this week and your new sticker- that's amazing!

Woohoo! Look at all those shinys!! You're a star Capricorn, well done! :happy096:

I am going to attempt a beef stew/stifado today... wish me luck!

woo hoo well done on this weeks loss and your super new shiney:D

Congratulations on your new shiney. 6 stone is an incredible achievement!!

Rosemary scented lamb recipe

ooooohhhh ello -lots of visitors :thankyou:
Hope everyone has had a good day -thought I would pop by whilst my salmon cooks -can't believe I haven't been hungry before now -mind the fruit I have snaffled may be the reason :p
In the end my lamb only cost me 3 syns and I haven't used either of my activias either :eek:...
Thankyou for all the congratulations - you are a lovely bunch :flowers:
I was super organised this morning :happy036:.. whilst I was preparing the veg for lunch I have made the "bubble n squeak cakes" and chopped all the veggies for the "luxury cauli cheese" for dinner tomorrow and I cooked extra veggies to stick with my salmon in a moment, oohh and I made the 2 cakes of bread-that hubby has just attacked (he fancied sausage sandwiches)
Now -I only made half the bubble n squeak mix and it has still made 4 cakes @ 175g each :p -so even if I eat 2 its only 3.5syns :bliss:plus 1.5 and a heA for the cauli cheese nomnomnom -I will post the recipe for the bubble if its nice when we try it... The rosemary scented lamb was bl**dy nommy too :happy096: -here is the recipe -such as it is...
ROSEMARY SCENTED LAMB
serves 2
3 syns per serving or RED/EE
  1. 2 lean lamb leg steaks
  2. 1 clove garlic -grated
  3. 1tsp honey - 1
  4. 1tsp oil - 2
  5. 65ml red wine - 3
  6. 1/2 oxo cube - I used lamb
  • mix together 2,3+4 and massage into the lamb steaks -cover and place in the fridge for 15 mins
  • drop them into a warmed (not too hot as honey burns quickly) dry non stick pan and cook for approx 3 mins on each side
  • remove them from the pan briefly and add in the oxo cube and the wine... stir to dissolve
  • add the steaks back in and cover-reduce heat and cook gently until tender -If you find it drying up you can add a small splash of water
  • when cooked remove the steaks and wrap in foil and leave to rest whilst you reduce down the liquid *you end up with just enough to drizzle over*
They were another "do again" in this house :eat: .... As always -give me a yell if I haven't made anything clear :giggle:
oooohh and JJ -in the remoska (thats where mine was done) -throw the marinaded lamb in and switch on -allow to colour -throw in the oxo and wine and add the lamb back in -cover with foil and switch back on and cook until tender (watch it doesn't boil dry) -then at the end tip the liquid into a small pan and reduce (you might not need to mind) -simples :p
Spanx -hope your stiffado was yummy :p
right I had better get off and get my dinner -have a lovely evening all :D -oooohh must add the recipe to the list....

morning morning morning

We have a crisp dry day here at last :bliss:
Im half expecting hubby home early today -he hobbled off to work this morning to see the medic - I don't know how he got his boots on as his big toe is about 3 times bigger than the other :confused:... he didn't have his sausages for brekkie -or take his blinking cornedbeef hash... so they are still in the fridge!!
Anyhoooooo today Im going Green -and its looking like this:-
  • 28g oats (B)
  • 250ml semil (A)
  • orange
  • jacket potato
  • tinned spaghetti -don't know why I fancy THAT?
  • plums
  • bubble n squeak cakes (3.5) -unless I decided to fry them then I will adjust the syns;)
  • luxury vegetable cheese (1.5 + A)
  • fibre plus (B)
  • clementines
So that will be 2A+Bs and 7.5 syns accounted for.

I have some more typing up to do today and then some more meal plans to whip up -at this rate I will have enough plans to last into the new year :rotflmao:
Right I will get off for now and make another cuppa.. have a lovely day all and keep up the great work !!

Good evening all

Well I have been productive today :D...
As expected -hubby came back this morning, after his trip to the med centre -they think he may have gout:eek: ... so he has been bedded down for 5 days and has to go for blood tests on Wednesday.
Anyhoo -because he has been lay on one sofa with his foot up and playing the play station -I have been on the PC -typing p and printing off meal plans and THEN I got my camera to work :thankyouthankyou: which means I can start adding my food pics again :D(will come in handy with the new recipes Im trying) ALSO I have stuck my biggest photo and 1 taken today into my albumn/profile thingy -if you are brave enough to peep :bolt:... Its strange - I can see I still have a way to go -but it wasn't until I saw the 2 together that actually thought *do ya know what - you have lost quite a bit* :happy036:
Well I have the bubble n squeak cakes in the oven and the cauli cheese waiting to go in so Im off to veg out until dinner time ;)
Will probably pop back again later..
Hope everyone is well :D

Am obviously not very technical - how do I see your pics? Have been dying to see your before and after shots!!

My 'before' and 'during' pics are here

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...747-finally-doing-now-pics-6.html#post2927334

ps: the 'before' isn't really before - I wouldn't have a camera anywhere near me when I was truly 'before'!!! Since I started losing weight I'm 4 stone down - 6 stone is amazing. "you go gal"

Wow Loumoo

What a difference :happy096:.... I want to be tall like you :p.....you look amazing ...
If you look below my tiger pic -click on the profile albumn... the scary shots are in there :eek:
Trust me I avoided cameras too -but somebody thought It would be good to catch me out -AND THEN to present me with an album contain the damn things as a present :eek:

Back