Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Hi Capricorn - lovely recipes as usual!! Will definitely be trying the burgers! Good luck for your WI tomorrow x

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but got to add - Laura - WOWZERS!! You look amazing, well done you x

Gooooooood morning all :wavey:

Another drizzly overcast start to the day here :rolleyes: - hubby has just tootled off to the rememberance parade - so its lovely n quiet here :p, I have run around with the vac and swiped around the kitchen -so now Im going to catch up on here before I get lunch under way

Anyhoo -I got on the scales this morning not expecting great things -BUT I lost 1.5lb ..so Im a happy bunny :0icanfly: ....
ooooohhh the Mechado beef stew was scum-diddly-umptious, so much so that hubby "called dibs" on the half leftover for his flask tomorrow :clap: - and I turned it into a slowcooker recipe -so I will post the recipe later..

We are getting to a point though where we keep coming up with things that we think should appear on the menu every week -at this rate we are going to have no room to try new things :rotflmao:...so then My day is going to be Red today and looks like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 banana
  • activia (2.5)
  • lamb hotpot (B)
  • steamed cabbage (1)
  • steamed brussels
  • clementines
  • activia (2.5)
  • 3 ryvitas (B)
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
  • peppercorn cheese triangle (2)
  • ham
  • Leonslaw (0.5)
  • beetroot
  • peppers
  • gherkin
  • apple
  • orange
So then that should be my 2A+Bs and 8.5 syns accounted for.. so if I need any more syns I have them spare -although I doubt I should need any....
Right I will get off for now and get the hotpot made...will pop back after that to post that recipe ;)
Have a great day everyone and keep up the great work :D

Tried the activia intensely for the first time yesterday as they were on offer at co-op... the strawberry flavour. OMG they're delish!!
After picking up the M&S meal for 2 for £10 and treating hubby to his faves creme brulee for dessert, I didn't feel like I missed out one bit eating my activia and only 2.5syns - wow!

Sarah.. aren't they like a little pot of heaven :p -I haven't tried the starwberry ones as I love strawberries but Im not a fan of stawb flavoured things :confused:
My fave is the classic (but I don't think they do them in the UK) ..then its a toss up between the zesty lemon and the peach depending what mood Im in :D.. I like to make sugar free jelly with frozen fruit in and then top with 1/2 a pot of activia for a trifle replacement ;)
I don't eat low fat yogurts normally as they taste synthetic n wazzy -but these ones are like a pudding..
Hope you are having a good week..

They only had the strawberry or peach ones and I'm not all that fussed on peach flavoured things either! The lemon one sounds divine! I'll be doing a Tesco delivery next weekend so will keep my eye out for them.
Need to get some more jelly too so may try your suggestion...

Good Morning all

We have a clear, sharp -and most importantly DRY day here so far :D
Hubby has gone back to work today, so my routine should be back to normal..

Im going for a green day today:-
  • 28g oats (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 banana
  • 1 apple
  • 2 clementines
  • 12 speed soup
  • activia intensely (2.5)
  • orange
  • luxury cauliflower cheese (A+1.5)
  • roast parsnips (0.5)
  • fibre plus (B)
So thats 2A+Bs and 7 syns accounted for...
I will get a bit of time in on the wii later and hopefully my "leg magic" might have been delivered whilst hubby was off work -if so then I will be able to start working on those thighs later :p
Anyway I will get off for now -have a great day everyone :D

hi caprocorn i had one of those leg magic machines but unfortunetly couldn't use it i have back probs and it pulled my back too much when i used it so i gave it to my daughter but thinks it's probably going rusty in her garage lol i have a recumberant exercise bike on my landing but i keep forgetting its there :eek: have a good day

mechado beef stew recipe

oohh Valerie -I hope I can get on with mine, This time around Im quite good at using the other bits I have so fingers crossed this does what it says it can :cross:

Well folks I thought I would pop in and post that Mechado beef stew recipe I made the other day....
Now I use my slow cooker -but you can always do it in the oven (you will need to add 350ml of water though)

Mechado beef stew
serves 4
1 syn per serving on Red/EE

1. 600g braising steak - cut into bite size chunks
  2. 1 medium onion -finely chopped
  3. 2 cloves garlic -grated/minced
  4. 2 large carrots -finely diced
  5. 2 red peppers - finely diced
  6. 1 bay leaf
  7. juice 1/2 lime
  8. 2tsp sugar 2
  9. 2 large tomatoes -peeled and chopped
  10. 1tbs tomato puree - 0.5
  11. 1tbs tomato ketchup - 1
  12. 2tbs soy sauce
  13. 1 oxo cube
  • drop the diced beef in the slow cooker and switch on -I use high..... you can brown the meat if you prefer
  • cook for about 1hr
  • ad the crumbled oxo, puree, ketchup, garlic, soy, sugar and lime juice and mix well
  • add in everything else and stir
  • switch onto auto and cook until the meat is tender
  • if you need to you can strain off the liquid toward the end and reduce down -but we didn't need to.
  • oooh remove the bay leaf and serve
it is supposed to be served on rice (I was going to do potato, but Im glad hubby wanted rice as it really worked)
The only thing I will change next time is cut the meat smaller so its more evenly distributed ;) Im also going to try making it with minced steak :D

Hope you like it :p

Good morning all

cor blimey its blinkin baltic here today :winter_brr:
so Im snuggling the radiator as I type :p.

Well hubby came home last night and presented me with my "leg magic" :happy036:... He has built it for me and it now resides in the spare bedroom.. I decided that every time I go to the loo (which is all the time) I will pop in and do 15 thingies -basically sliding your legs open and shut -should soon mount up ;)
well we are having a red day today:-
  • 125ml semi (1/2 x heA)
  • 2 apples
  • luxury cauli/veg cheese (1heA+1.5)
  • activia (2.5)
  • orange
  • roast chicken
  • home made yorkshire (2.5)
  • cauli/veg cheese (1/2xheA +1)
  • activia (2.5)
  • fibre plus (B)
  • fruit
Well thats 2A+1B used and 10syns so I have anothe heB to use .... not sure what I will do with that :confused:

Im going to strip all the meat off of the chicken and boil the carcass and make some chicken n sweetcorn soup -one of hubbies faves, so that will be his flask sorted for tomorrow - I might stick some noodles in there too to give it some bulk..
right I will get off and do some more typing up done....
Have a great day everyone -and keep warm :p

Good afternoon all

Another cold n dreary day here *shock horror* :p
Hi Dudette -chicken n sweetcorn soup is one of hubbies fave -so he has taken a flask full of it today and there is still half left -so he will no doubt take that on Friday...I put noodles into this time to give it a bit more "fill" ;)

Well its an odd day here -I really don't know what I want to eat :confused: -I have opted for red and so far its looking like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 2 apples
  • roast chicken
  • tickled beetroot
  • gherkin
  • orange
  • 28g oats (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • rapberries,blueberries, strawberries, cherries
  • fibre plus (B)
so that will be 2A+Bs and 5 syns accounted for..
Now don't ask me why Im fancying porridge for dinner -it just suddenly came to me :p ...I have made a bolognaise for hubby so that is him fed today -and he will take the rest for lunch tomorrow ....
oohhh Im being good with my "leg magic" - Im doing 20 every time I go to the loo -it should soon mount up and help me firm up the legs of mine :cross:, Hubby is stuck with what to get me for chrimble so Im toying with the idea of another piee of exercise equipment ... Im leaning towad a vibration plate at the moment.. but haven't quite decided yet *watch this space* :giggle:
we are nipping for a fruit n veg top up when hubby gets home -so I will just need to get the pasta on for hubby and my porridge ticking over when I get back so it will be done by the time I have put the shopping away!!

Right -thats enough waffle from me for now..
Have a great day everyone..

Loving this thread - it will be like a new recipe book for me from now on. Your meals are so varied and you are doing so well on the diet. Congratulations!!!

I'm on a girlie weekend away this weekend so will use your receipes next week. Thank you

hi capricorn have u got the extra rubber feet bits that highers ur leg magic i couldn't move my legs at all when i put them on lol a lady on another thread asked if anyone had used a vibro plate cause her daughter wants one for xmas i told her i had one but i didnt like the sensation and mine was under £200 so it wasnt a very big one and i really couldn't do much on it i remember sitting on it once but it felt like my bum was burning don't know if it was meant to feel like that i think i've tried most excercise equipment had a thigh trainer and stepper but couldn't use them my bike is good but just need to make myself go on it :D

Good afternoon all

Suzienoz -hello and thankyou for popping in :D -feel free to drop by anytime :p - I love my food and know that variety keeps me on the straight n narrow;)... Hope you have a good weekend away
Valerie11
I have feet on my leg magic-but it doesn't seem to make any differece (I wonder if I have a different one :confused:).. Im glad you mentioned the funny feeling you got from the vibration plate .... I think I will give it a miss as I had part of my skull removed last year and Im prone to feeling nauseous, dizzy and getting a tingling pins n needles feeling in my head and arms anyway -so getting something that vibrates me probably wasn't the smartest idea :eek:, I can't believe I didn't think of that :eek:...so thankyou for saving me wasting £200

Well Im having another of my "don't really fancy anything to eat" days again :confused: -so Im going red -although I haven't had much yet :eek:...it looks like this:-

• 250ml semi (A)
  • 2 apples
  • 2 clementines
hmmm well that is brekki n lunch :eek: and the rest should look like this:-
  • goan pork curry (0.5)
  • 198g potato (B)
  • wedged in 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus (B)
  • plums
  • orange
  • satsumas
so that "should" be 2A+2Bs and 6 syns -but it may change as the curry is a new recipe so Im not even sure if I will have it ,,,we will see :p

I can't believe how blinkin cold it is again .. they reckon we are in for a really harsh weather so I will be upping the stew/casserole dishes me thinks...
Anyhoo I had better get off and do some more typing...
Have a great day everyone and keep at it...

hi capricorn my leg magic had these rubber cones that u put on the outside feet so instead of sliding out on a flat surface u went up in the air it was really hard i couldn't do it perhaps they don't put them in now. and vibro plate def not good if u've had bit of skull taken out did they replace it with a metal plate? sorry being nosy now tell me to mind my own business if u want lol. hope u have a great loss next week :wavey:

Good evenin all

Hi Vallerie -ooh no -Mine doesn't have feet that make it do that :eek:..there would be no chance of me managing that :p.
I don't mind you asking about my noggin :DThey had to remove a small piece of my skull because there wasn't enough room at the base for my brain, so it got squashed and caused all sorts of problems -they just took part of the muscle in my neck and folded it across to cover the gap ;). It hasn't got rid of the problems as such, but they hope it will stop the symptoms getting worse -(it can lead to blindness amongst other things)and so far *touch wood* it seems to be working :cross:. Thats another one of the reasons Im trying to get my weight right down, so if it does deteriorate again I will be in better shape to handle it.
Im definitely giving the vibroplate a miss -hubby pointed out that I can't even cope with the movement on a ferry without being ill :sign0137:

Well my day turned into an EE - I decided to have a bit of rice with the curry -which was sooooo nice. I don't usually like curry but this was so different and hubby loved it so much he ate the extras too :p

So then my day now looks like this -EE:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 2 apples
  • 2 clementines
  • 4 satsumas
  • Goan pork curry (0.5)
  • rice
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • fibre plus (B)
  • fruit...
so that will take me to 1A+B and 5.5 syns.... I may well squidge in another activia...although I still have the 1 listed and the fibre plus bar to eat ;)
right I had better get off and catch up ..have a great evening all!!!

Good morning Good morning

SO how is everyone this morning? -I have got up feeling tickity boo :D -despite the cold weather...

Im having a green day today which should look like this:-
  • 1 apple
  • 5 plums
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • orange
  • jacket potato
  • 42g low fat cheddar (B)
  • leon slaw (0.5)
  • activia (2.5)
  • apple
  • potato n onion bake - nomnomnom
  • activia (2.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus (B)
So that should be 2A+Bs and 5.5 syns.... Im really looking forward to my meals today ... think I just want plain and simple comfort food :p

right -whilst I remember -here is the latest recipe...
I did it my own way in the slowcooker -so thats how I will write it but if anyone wants the oven version -just give me a shout ;)

Slow cooker Goan pork curry
serves 4
0.5 syn per serving on Red/EE

1. 900g pork(fat removed) -I used shoulder -diced
  2. 100ml white wine vinegar
  3. 2.5 fresh red chilies -deseeded and chopped
  4. 1.5tsp tumeric
  5. 1tsp yellow mustard seeds
  6. 2tsp cumin seeds
  7. 1tsp oil
  8. 3 large onions - chopped
  9. 4 cloves garlic
  10. 1" chunk of fresh ginger -grated
  11. oxo cube
  • Mix 2-6 in a non metallic bowl and add the pork
  • stir to coat and then cover and chill over night or for up to 24hrs
  • tip into the slowcooker and switch on - cook for about 1hr
  • heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan
  • add the onions and once coated, sprinkle with a little salt
  • add the garlic and ginger and cook until the onions are soft and starting to colour
  • tip the onions in with the pork and add the crumbled oxo cube -stir to combine and then cook until the pork is tender
Now, without the tummeric (I didn't use it as it stains everything and I KNOW I would have dropped it down me whilst cooking/eating :p) there isn't much colour to the finished dish -so you could always seal the meat before adding to the slowcooker. Also you don't get a thick creamy sauce its more of a juice -so you can always strain the juice into a small pan and reduce -but I left it in the slowcooker so long that I didn't need to :p
Its a very distinctive dish and not heavy n rich (the original recipe describes it as having a "hot sharpness") -we loved it -(and I don't even like curry :D)so its another one on the "to do again" list ;)

right I had better get off for now - have a great day everyone!!

Hi Capricorn have just read the last few pages of your dairy, you have done so fantastically well and your recipes and food ideas sound yummy, am sure my OH will want to try out the stew one this Sunday as he loves making stew. Keep up with the good work!

WOW Capricorn what a brill diary and remarkable journey you have been on thus far... well done you!
Definitely inspirational and just goes to show what can be achieved with some (or lots!) of planning.
Think this will be a regular stop for me just for the recipies alone!
Congratulations and best of luck with the rest of your journey.

Rick

Back