Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

sweet n sour recipe

Good morning everyone... from a very chilly me ... we have had no more snow over night, but everywhere has frozen up...not nice at all :gen125:
Anyhow Im have decided that Im having another red day, we plan on nipping out for yet more fruit/veg/milk when hubby gets home from work, so I plan on getting dinner made during the day then I can just flick it on to cook through whilst we are gone ;)

So then my day should look like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • sweety
  • orange
  • salmon fillet
  • gherkin
  • tomato
  • activia (2.5)
  • apple
  • cheesey beef n potato layer (A+B+1.5) :-
  • extra lean mince
  • onions
  • peppers
  • carrot
  • garlic
  • mushrooms
  • herbs
  • passata
  • potatoes
  • cheese sauce
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • activia (2.5)
  • clementines
right so that uses my 2A+Bs and 6.5syns ....

Hi JimofTroy -nice of you to pop in, hope to see you again. Was your soup the 12 speed one with beans n veggies etc? if so I make a slight variation on that an Im addicted :D -although hubby isn't really appretiative of the "after effects" either :p -it is rather "gusty" isn't it :eek: ...but it tastes sooooo nice I can't resist .
I will have to have a nosey at your diary and see what ideas I can [STRIKE]steal[/STRIKE] borrow ;). You have done so well -keep up the great work ..and have a lovely week!
Thanks Lesley - Im sure you will do brilliantly, you have got off to a great start ..I naver lost more than 4.5lbs and that was only 1 or 2 freak weeks :p, just keep on going -you will be amazed how quickly it adds up *or down* ;)-keep warm and have a good week!
Hiya Laura -has your package arrived yet flower? ...

oohhhh ladies n gents -the sweet n sour last night was NOMNOMNOM , I have made 1 before from a SW book and it was ok but "not quite right" well last nights was much better... I did pork but said to hubby that next time I was just doing veggies for me as they were so scrummy and hubby said that he would have that too :faint2:...so here is the recipe just inc ase anyone wants to give it a whirl...
sweet n sour:-
serves 4
4.5syns per serving

1. 125ml vinegar- (rice/white)-I used white wine vinegar :D
  2. 50g sugar (10)
  3. 2tbs ketchup (2)
  4. 1tbs soy sauce
  • Simply mix them all together
then you toss any meat you are using in 1.5tbs cornflour (5) -stir-fry it in 1/2tsp oil (1), remove to a plate, stir fry whatever veggies you are using (I did lots of onions and red/orange peppers and sticks of carrot), add back the meat and the sauce ingredients and bubble whilst moving all the time until the meat is cooked through and the sauce thickened...
Sorry if thats a bit rambly - if you need anything clarifying just give me a yell. I only used half the sauce so the other half of it is on a pot in the fridge and I will do sweet n sour veggies later this week,

right I will get off for now..have a lovely day everyone....

Hi Capricorn. Of course you'll see me again. I'll be lurking for more recipe ideas! :D

Yeah the soup is the usual superspeed one. With about a zillion veggies. And mixed beans, and baked beans, and both green & red lentils. And I added cannellini beans (cos I happened to have some), and lots of chilli (cos I like it spicy, and it makes it warmer, and it's flippin freezing around here). It was, shall we say, a little, ummm *airy*. And I've got it again today - I hope the effect isn't cumulative! :eek:

And I did your lemon chicken last night - but with lots of veg and only a tiny bit of chicken, cos it was a green day. It was Yummy. I'll definitely be doing that again.

Thanks for all the helpful ideas. I'm sorry you won't find anything nearly as useful on my thread, but you might get to know me a bit. Oh well, never mind. :rolleyes:

Right. Must get back to work. I'll lurk a bit more later.

Well done on your new shiny Capricorn. And I LOVE those dresses - told you the 16s would fit ;)

Thanks for the lasagne recipe - I think I will be trying that one soon. Tis the season for hot comfort food and lasagne definitely fits the bill.

Morning all ..... still blinkin cold here :gen125:and the snow has just started to fall again :winter_brr:...

Hiya Sarah - hope you like the lasagne, I think I prefered it to normal lasagne as it was lighter,

JimofTroy - I LOVE that 12 speed soup, its actually one of my fave lunches :p -I can't make any at the moment as I have no room to cram any in the freezers so I will have to wait until I have made a bit of space :eek:.

Well folks -we got out to do a "top up shop" last night and I got a few more bits for the store -just in case we get stuck indoors at any point. I think that we should be ok for about 2 weeks solid if need be - I have a lot more stuff than that -but the 2 weeks would be to provide everything -with a little creativity, so I would have to rely on frozen/tinned fruit n veg etc but we could still survive -on plan :clap:

Well Im having a green day today and it should look like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 2 apples
  • jacket potato
  • 28g cheddar (B)
  • tomato
  • gherkin
  • activia (2.5)
  • clementine
  • pineapple
  • cornedbeef hash (4)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus (B)
  • activia (2.5)
So that is my 2A+Bs and 9 syns sorted...
I don't have much planned for today -I made the cornedbeef hash yesterday so that just wants heating up (and a couple of lumpadings adding for hubby).
Right I had better get of for now.. have a great day everyone and keep at it!!

Morning all -hope we are all well...

We have had more snow overnight, although it has stopped for now... lets see how long it lasts before we get more :rolleyes:

Well Im having an "odd" day -one of those where I don't actually know what I fancy to eat :sigh: I think * week is to blame ;).... so I have gone for a red day and so far I have had:-

• 250ml semi (A)
  • 28g oats (B)
  • 2 apples
  • ham
  • tomato
  • gherkin
  • fresh pineapple
  • apple
and later Im thinking I will have:-
  • clementines
  • salmon fillet
  • beetroot
  • gherkin
  • peppers
  • activia (2.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • activia (2.5)
  • orange
  • pineapple
Actually that is quite a good list for someone who "doesn't know what she fancies" :p -I am just opting for my old faithfull fave things ;) so that will be 2A+Bs and 5 syns accounted for, although I may end up buying more milk with my syns -depending on how much more tea I drink :D

Now, if the roads aren't to bad when hubby gets home we will be nipping to LIDL for a re-stck of water and no doubt more fruit n veg.... I swear folks must think I own a zoo with the amount of fruit n veg I buy :giggle:

Right I will get off for now- have a great day everyone and keep up the great work !!!!!

Well done on getting your six and a half stone shiney Capricorn very impressive stuff!
Great reading your diary and brilliant food ideas as always.

Rick

Good morning all :wavey:

Thanks Rick -hope you pop in again :D

Well folks it looks like we aren't going to the christmas ball this evening :happy036:... I swear they couldn't organise a proverbial in a brewery, they have finally released the details and the transport picks up at 6:15 this evening and the transport back doesn't start until 1am tomorrow :eek: -so a works "do" will be at least 7hrs ...its ridiculous, and in this weather there is no way we are driving (even if we knew where the venue was) plus it would mean hubby couldn't have a drink... so it looks like we get to stay at home :bliss:we still have to pay the €50 -but, well we would be paying that anyway and then paying for drinks on top -so we will just "suck it up". God knows how those with kids are going on as it means they are going to have to pay for a babysitter for at least 8hrs :eek:. Anyhoo -we will still be going to the do on Monday -its the one that hubby wanted to go to anyway, and its closer;)

SO then -today Im having a red day and it should look like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 2 clementines
  • 1 pear
  • activia (2.5)
  • sweet n sour veggies (2):-
  • onions
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • broccoli
  • orange
  • apple
  • Spanish pork, chorizo + potato stew (4+1/2heB)
  • 71g peas (1/2heB)
  • carrots
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • clementines
So thats 2A+Bs and 8.5syns used up.. Im looking forward to the stew as its a new dish :cross:

Well we went and got the water yesterday and whilst I was there I picked up some more fruit so I now have an extra 3kg of clementines and 3kg satsumas 3kg apples in the basement ready to top up as I need it (won't last long Im sure:p) ..I also picked up a few other bits for the store,,,
Right -thats me for now..have a great day everyone :D

Hi Capricorn

Can you come up with a good excuse for me not to have to go to my Christmas do this evening either?

The weather is ok, I know exactly where it is, it's only 4 miles down the road, and I don't need a baby sitter.
So those are all out.
You're going to need to be more creative.

I'm just not at all bothered about going to a "party" with people who aren't particularly my friends, eating (& drinking!) non-SW stuff, and potentially de-railing myself - so if I could legitimately get out of it, I would!

There's another one next week, with a completely different crowd, that I'm really looking forward to, and am happy to plan around, so that I won't be de-railed by an off-plan day. Why do I have to go to this one too?

I await your creativity, with bated breath!

:giggle:JimofTroy - " you do look and sound a litle poorley today" :sick:- has some rotter at work given you a nasty stomach bug? would be very nasty of you to go to the do and spread your germs:sick0019:+ :9529:!!!!! :whistle:-anyone would think I was good at making excuses for not going places I don't want to ;)

Im with you, why do they make such a song n dance about having to go to these "do's"? Im an antisocial gitt and I admit it :p, I just can't be bothered with being rammed in with loads of other people who I have nothing in common with, all getting drunk whilst Im on fizzy water, and getting on my nerves. I really was planning on going -heck I even got a new outfit, but what with the lousy weather and it now being a minimum of 7hrs it has put us both off -and like you -we have another do we will go to on Monday...

Now you come to mention it, Capricorn, I'm really not feeling too great. And I'd feel ever so guilty if I gave this to everybody. Maybe I should do the decent thing, and pull out of tonight... (!)

Now you come to mention it, Capricorn, I'm really not feeling too great. And I'd feel ever so guilty if I gave this to everybody. Maybe I should do the decent thing, and pull out of tonight... (!)
oohh you definitely look worse than when I spoke to you a few minutes ago :patback:... its very good of you to miss out on tonight when you were soooo looking forward to it.. and all because you are concerned about ruining everyone elses xmas :innocent0002:

Yeah. I'll be really gutted. But it would be terrible to make everyone else ill for Christmas.

Hi capricorn:D

Just wanted to pop in and say I think you are fantastic, you just keep on losing week after week!

Sorry you aren't getting to wow everyone in your new frock tonight, but you seem mildly relieved anyway;)

Would love to see a before and current piccie:), you must look ever so different now.

Mel xx

Thanks Redmel...
If you are brave enough to look in my profile albumn there is a pic of me at about my biggest and one taken about 7lbs ago...excuse my "scruffy comfies" :p
I still want to shift about another 4st.. but Im getting there;)
Yea -Im not bothered about missing the do -I don't think the dress would look quite the same with great big boots, a coat, scarf n gloves over the top anyway :D
I will get dressed up for the one on Monday -although its not as formal -so I won't be wearing that dress -more likely to be long skirt or trousers n a top ...
Hope you are having a good week!!!

Ooooh fantastic piccies, and wow what a difference so far...

xx

Good evening all

Got here eventually :D..hope we are all well.
We have had rain today -so most of the snow has gone -for now...

Today has been a strange one on the food front..so far I have had:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 4 clementines
  • 6 satsumas
  • 2lb plums
  • 100g rachels organic rhubarb yoghurt (2)
hmmmmm that doesn't look very good does it :eek: -still at least I haven't overeaten :giggle:. Heck knows what is going on -I think it must be * week making me feel full up again, although as you can see -I always have room for fruit ;). Im not sure what I will have for my dinner tonight - if anything!! ahh well its only one day I guess. Not sure the scales will be very happy in the morning but :cross: is all I can do ...
Well we nipped to the naafis today - I had a lovely bonus via hubby -he won some cash on the slot machine again so gave me half of the profit.... €175 :happy036: -so I have added another 2 yankee candles to my collection (up to 62 now) :whistle:. Im not sure what Im doing with the rest yet although the candles on offer swaps over this week so I bet I know where some of it will go ;)
Right Im off for a bifbafboff with my magazines and lots of smellies before I settle down for the night,,
Have a good night everyone,,

OMG I have just looked up what Yankee Candles are! They look lush, I have to get myself some:D

Good luck for WI in the morning.

Mel xx

Hiya Capricorn, just stopping by your fabulous diary to say :happy096: on your fantastic weight loss! Well done chick!

Gooooooooood morning one and all :D

Not sure why, but I have got up feeling super :D this morning :bliss:.... Anyhoo -the scales said 1lb off this week :happy036:... I can live with that -in fact with the combination of * week, lack of exercise and strange eating going on Im :party0011: with 1lb off.

Im going for a red day today so Im thinking :-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • clementines/satsumas
  • 100g organic rhubarb yoghurt (2)
  • lamb steak
  • 198g steamed potatoes (B)
  • carrots
  • cauli
  • nobbies (brussels)
  • gravy granules (1)
  • mint sauce :drool:
  • apple
  • satsuma
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) -to stirfry:-
  • onions
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • broccoli
  • hm sweet n sour sauce (2)
  • salmon fillet
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • activia (2.5)
  • fruit
So that lot comes to 2A+Bs and 8 syns ...
Im going to meal plan for this week once I have done this... and I must write down the recipe for the Spanish pork, chorizo n potato stew as it was "scrum-diddly-umtious" :drool: ....
Its hubbies works do tomorrow evening - and this one we are going to ...hey ho-its only one evening I guess.... I will be eating before I go -that way I know what Im having ;)
Redmel -be warned Yankee candles are addictive :whistle: I have 62 of the large jars stashed -and they are just the ones not started..I also have 45 that I have started :p. Im stockpiling them whilst Im here as I can get the ones on offer @ 2 for €25 -they are about £18.99 each in the UK -although let me ask mum what site she uses as they have some good discounts on there (Yep -I have got here addicted too :D)
Hiya christiana -thanks flower...... how are things with you ?
Right - I will get off and do my meal plan -with another cuppa..
Have a great day everyone and keep at it..we are getting there :D

Back