Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Good Morning all :wavey: and another glorious day it looks like being too :character00238:

So then the scales say another 2lb gone :woohoo:, Im more than happy with that -especially as it drops me into the 13st bracket - 13st 12.5lbs to be exact :banana dancer:
Ohhhhh and husdybundle has lost 3lbs this week :0chacha: - baring in mind he was drinking beer and eating cheese n ryvitas late last night -oooh and cracking walnuts .... good job I keep track on his syns, so even though in his mind he had "extras" they were actualy within the plan :sign0151:. Mind, with the amount of exercise he has done this week it would have been a travesty if he hadn't lost!! You should have seen us both hobbling round the house yesterday evening :rotflmao: -I swear I am gonna end up with an a** of steel by the time Im done :gimi:
Anyhoo -hubby has gone to his golf competition (Im quite happy to have today as a rest day ;))

So then Im "tweaking" this week and trying a few changes that Jillian mentions in her book. I can't say Im having to make huge changes - the biggest will be eating every 4 hrs and she only does 3 meals and 1 afternoon snack -which isn't that far from what I do no -although I usually have an activia in the evening, I usually have to remind myself to eat it-so I "should" be ok...
Im also going to UP my syns -which will be easier this way as Im going to add nuts to my diet (I have avoided them because of their high count) ... so then todays red carb curfew will be :-
8am
  • 1/2 grapefruit
    [*]28g oats (B)
    [*]250ml semi (A)
    [*]cherries
    [*]strawberries
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
12pm
  • salmon with lemon+black pepper
    bean salad :-
  • 114g red kidney beans (B)
    [*]onions
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]cucumber
    [*]peppers
    [*]balsamic
4pm
  • strawberries
    [*]cherries
    [*]raspberries
    [*]activia (2.5)
    [*]10 hazelnuts
    (5)
7pm
  • turkey steak
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]onion
    [*]peppers
    [*]tickled cabbage
    [*]tickled onions
    [*]tickled beetroot
  • 250ml semi (A)
soooo thats 2A+Bs and 10 syns covered...

I don't have much planned for today -I have done my meal plan for the week -so I may just have to sit and read some more :read: ...
10st10 - I like the rain too -but it has been scorching here, great for when we want to hit the golf course -especially as we go out really early before it gets too hot. Hope your ankle is better soon,, have a great day...
Woohoo Dawn -
I think you are rushing around enough my lovely without worrying about getting out for more exercise ;). Hope you are looking after yourself and that dad is still getting good days!!
right Im off to catch up on everything on here
have a lovely day all and keep up the great work -we are getting there :happy096:

:wavey: Hi Capricorn!!!

Wow!!!! Look what you've done while I've been away!!!!! You're in the 13s now!!!!! Go you!!!!!!
:0clapper: I'm seriously impressed!!! Plus all the exercise as well - I bet you never thought you'd be doing that a year ago did you?

I had a lovely time in Tenerife, even though the weather was warmer in the UK than Tenerife!! We basically did nothing apart from lie on balcony, read our books and do Sudokus all day. Then in the evenings we went out for meals. It was so relaxing and definitely not long enough. All that inactivity, plus a few vodkas thrown in for good measure, plus 2 days in London the week before, meant I've put on several pounds.
:eek: So it's back on the wagon for me!!!

Hope you have a good week - I'm sure you will!!

Take care and lots of love,

Trace xxx

Hello Trace.:wavey:... nice to have you back (although Im sure you would rather have stayed where you were). Sounds like my kind of jolly -lolling around vegging out :party0011:.
Im sure you will see any gain off in no time at all :vibes:. Im not sure what has happened to me but Im rather liking exercise -especially jogging :silly: -I love the buzz I get when I have done, but I think most of the urge is down to me getting closer to goal so Im pushing on, rather than doing my old trick of "ooh I have lost 3st I can stop now :slap:.
Hope you have a lovely week Mrs and that work take it easy on you whilst you break yourself back in ;)

Well, my 1st "jillian-esque" day has gone fine -I changed my evening meal slightly so my plan ended up like this:-
red carb curfew :-
8am
1/2 grapefruit
28g oats (B)
250ml semi (A)
cherries
strawberries
activia (2.5)

12pm
salmon with lemon+black pepper
114g red kidney beans (B)
onions
tomatoes
cucumber
peppers
capers
balsamic
lime juice
----------
tickled cabbage
tickled onions
tickled beetroot

4pm
strawberries
cherries
raspberries
activia (2.5)
10 hazelnuts
(5)
7pm
turkey steak
1/4tsp oi (0.5) - to stir-fry:-
onion
mushrooms
peppers
mange tout
broccoli
mange tout
home made marinade (1)

250ml semi (A)
soooo thats 2A+Bs and 11.5 syns covered...

I have to say that I have really enjoyed every last thing I have eaten today.... its a bit strange as Im use to grabbing fruit as "inbetweenies" normally -but I have resisted today and stuck to the 4 meals. I can't wait to see if it makes any difference :cross: - not necessarily to my weight loss but hopefully about how I feel.
A lot of what I have read is really interesting-things like there being certain hormones that when out of balance store fat around your middle n thighs -now the odd thing is that even though that is my main problem area *good ole fatta podge jelly belly* I seem to be really shifting it from there :woohoo: -hopefully I can keep it going. The idea behind Jillians way of eating is that she now eats much more and exercises less and keeps in better shape than when she restricted her intake too far and worked out much harder... *oooh please let this be true* :vibes:

Well Im planning on cadging a lift with hubby early tomorrow and hitting the gym (if I can get my backside out of bed early enough :giggle:) -I want to get on the tread mill and see what I can do, so if Im late posting tomorrow -you know why ;)
Right I will get off and veg out- have a good night all and keep at it!!!!

Well done on yet another fantastic loss. You are just a true amazing success :)

Gail x

Thanks Aaliyah + Gail.. how are things with you this week?

Well folks -guess who was at the gym at 8am :happy036: Im all :D as I did 3km on the treadmill -not bad considering its only my 2nd run on a treadmill, then I did 5km on the bike and then the 30min walk home :bliss:.
I was amazed on the treadmill as I wasn't achy or tired, but the fan wasn't working so it was sooooo hot up there... anyway at least I have a target to aim for now... to just run a little further each time.

So then my meal plan for today is :-
7am
  • 1/2 grapefruit
    [*]raspberries
    [*]strawberiries
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
12pm
  • prawns
    [*]avocado
    (6)
  • 113g red kidney beans (B)
    [*]onions
    [*]peppers
    [*]cucumbers
    [*]capers
    [*]balsamic
    [*]lime juice
    [*]tickled cabbage
    [*]tickled beetroot
    [*]tickled onions
4pm
  • raspberries
    [*]strawberries
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
7pm
  • hm Ox Burger
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomaot
    [*]peppers
    [*]onions
    [*]tickled cabbage
    [*]tickled onions
    [*]tickled beetroot

• 500ml semi (2xA)
SO I make that 2A+1B and 11 syns, I know Im missing a heB -but I can't eat one when Im going to the gym (far to heavy) -so I will sort my way around that next time I plan on going ;)...oohh and my meals aren't exactly 4hrs apart today -again the gym makes it difficult -but I will suss it out ;)
I don't have much else planned for today -just need to make a shopping list as we are nipping out for a few bits this evening... more milk, salad etc.....
Right -I had better get off and get my lunch :eating: -have a lovely day all and keep up the great work :D

well done capricorn, im reading with an interest. i've bought the 30 day shred but have yet to try it.

Well done Capricorn you are fantastic xx

Just thought i would pop in and say I agree that SW is a healthier way of eating and definitely better for the long term. I have however, lost 4.5lbs in my first week so I am happy, but i can see myself coming back to sw before long xxx

Another 2lbs off!!! Well done you!!! :happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036:

Good morning all

Curvs- I love the 30 day shred, although I haven't done it in a while as I have been doing other things :giggle: -*In fact I will do it tomorrow* .
I really like jillians approach, and its the same with food -so far Im enjoying the changes to my diet :clap: It hasn't been a great leap from my normal plan as I eat very few processed things anyway -off the top of my head I can only think of my activia intensely and the fibre plus bars -but I have given up the bars anyway as I was finding them too sweet, once I have eaten my supply of activias I will be replacing them with full fat natural greek yog.
Im about to order 2 more of her books :whistle:
I hope you are having a good week,,,

Hiya redmel :happy096: on your loss, I never tried the new WW plan but I think it sounds better than the old version I used to do. I really could lose weight on WW, but I never adjusted my eating so I never kept it off:slap: -I just found it unsustainable for me,
The thing is, if you lose the weight better on WW and then flip over to SW once you are where you want to be -you will get the best of both worlds ;)
Hope you have another good week!
Thanks Dawn my lovely -I will be over to visit your diary in a mo :sign0151:

Well its a little overcast here today -although its nice as yesterday afternoon I went to watch hubby doing hockey and jeese it was scorching -I have even caught the sun :eek: and Im usualy the colour of an uncooked chicken :p

So then my red carb curfew day looks like this:-
8am
  • 1/2 grapefruit
    [*]28g oats (B)
    [*]250ml semi (A)
    [*]banana
    [*]frozen berries
12pm
  • steamed haddock
    hot bean salad:-
  • 1/4tsp olive oil (0.5)
    [*]225g broad beans (B)
    [*]leeks
    [*]garlic
    [*]red peppers
4pm
  • melon
    [*]activia (2.5)
    [*]nuts (10)
7pm
  • mozarella/sundried tomato chicken breast
    [*]1/4tsp oil
    (0.5)
  • onions
    [*]mushrooms
    [*]peppers
    [*]broccoli
  • 250ml semi (A)
SO that "not so little" lot comes to 2A+Bs and 13.5 syns
Thats one thing about the change in my eating-that I can now use up more syns easily -also Im not filling up on so many super free foods that Im not getting enough free stuff ;)

Well - we need to nip out shopping again tonight -on account of them not having broccoli, nuts, cucumber yesterday :mad: -although it will just be a smash n grab in LIDL -so not to bad I guess..
Anyway I had better get off and get my noggin washed and then give mum a call.
Hope you all have a great day.... and keep up the amazing work everyone!!!

Well its a little overcast here today -although its nice as yesterday afternoon I went to watch hubby doing hockey and jeese it was scorching -I have even caught the sun :eek: and Im usualy the colour of an uncooked chicken :p

haha me too, when i was younger i used to brown up the minute i was in the sun. Now i'm pale and pasty and burn like a marshmallow in hell! :D
Your doing awesome as ever, well done!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh my goodness! ANOTHER 2lbs!!!

WHOOO HOOOO :bunnydance: way to go sexy lady!!!

Hi Capricorn! I'm *ahem* studying at home today (well I didn't say what I was studying, did I?). Anyway, are there any syns in the tomato & mozarella chicken???

Trace xxxx

oooh hello lovely visitors :wavey:

ooohhh Trace -glad to see your *studying* is going well and you aren't distracted :giggle: -well you have to take a break don't you ;)
Thanks for keeping an eye on me my lovely :thankyou: suprisingly the chicken came up as Free -I put it through the calculator 3 times as I was expecting to pay "something" -but when I looked at it, its pretty much whole breast marinated in sundried tomato *not sure where the mozarella comes in* :confused: -I think its more "flavour of rather than actual mozarella"-but they are yummy :p.
How is your wee going Mrs?

Hi Nicki. I have always remained "pale and mysterious" -I could give a milk bottle a run for its money :giggle: -I think that spending more time out and about even when its not hot has lead to me "weathering" . Apart from my mum everyone else in my family love the sun and tan really well -I will usually be found following the patches of shade around the place :D.
I read that you are thinking of giving WW a whirl.. I hope it works for you -and your OH. It can be a minefield trying to find "the one" when it comes to what works can't it!!! best of luck my lovely.
Thanks Ela ine -although Im far from sexy :giggle: ....
Sounds like you have settled on trying slimfast (oohh Im stalking everyone :p) -hope you get the results you want. You can't escape us all though :sign0151:

right I had better make a start on putting my lunch together - I tell you something, since I started "tweaking" my food this week come meal times Im really ready :eating: -Im hoping jillian is right about how this works. It will be interesting to see if it makes any difference to either my losses or how I feel...
Anyway -enough jibber jabber.. have a lovely day all...

Hi Nicki. I have always remained "pale and mysterious" -I could give a milk bottle a run for its money :giggle: -I think that spending more time out and about even when its not hot has lead to me "weathering" . Apart from my mum everyone else in my family love the sun and tan really well -I will usually be found following the patches of shade around the place :D.
I read that you are thinking of giving WW a whirl.. I hope it works for you -and your OH. It can be a minefield trying to find "the one" when it comes to what works can't it!!! best of luck my lovely.

Thats exactly what i do, hopefully that will change when i've lost a bit more weight! My mum worships the sun although she does look a little like a handbag sometimes, bless her!
Yeah i'm going back over to the dark side, i'm a little worried about having access to all food again, its been almost 8 weeks without bread!

Hi Capricorn,
I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your diary, your progress is incredible and your daily goings on always make me smile - so thank you xxx

"How is your wee going Mrs?"

(I don't know how to do the quote thingy!) My wee is going well thanks, in fact since I got back on the wagon I keep waking up in the night for a wee!!

I'm guessing you meant how is my week going - it's going fine so far but tomorrow I'm out for dinner then off to see Mike and the Mechanics with my friend; Thursday I'm in London and Friday I'm out for a boozy lunch with my former colleagues, so I don't think I'll lose much this week!

The Jillian way of doing things sounds very interesting - I shall be watching your continued progress carefully!

Have a great week, lots of love, Trace xxx

"How is your wee going Mrs?"

(I don't know how to do the quote thingy!) My wee is going well thanks, in fact since I got back on the wagon I keep waking up in the night for a wee!!

I'm guessing you meant how is my week going - it's going fine so far but tomorrow I'm out for dinner then off to see Mike and the Mechanics with my friend; Thursday I'm in London and Friday I'm out for a boozy lunch with my former colleagues, so I don't think I'll lose much this week!

The Jillian way of doing things sounds very interesting - I shall be watching your continued progress carefully!

Have a great week, lots of love, Trace xxx
:rotflmao: now I know Im a nosey bonk -but even I wouldn't ask about your toilet habits :p -although Im glad to hear Im not the only one up n down in the night :D ..
Sounds like a lovely action packed few days coming up for you :clap:.
So far Im loving the Jillian "tweaks", I have ordered 2 more of her books -I think Im may well become a health nut at this rate :rotflmao:, nutrition really fascinates me *who'd have thunk it eh!!* -I forgot how much I love various beans -Im especially looking forward to my chickpeas later in the week :drool: -I am a sad individual :p
ooh dinner changed tonight -It was too warm for my stir-fry *plus I couldn't be ar*ed* so I made a salad before we went shopping and then threw a plain chicken breast on the new contact grill (like a George forman jobby) ...core it was a plate full but was scrummy. Hubby had his goan pork n rice -so he was happy...
ooh ooh and when I was shopping I got another new balsamic -with lemon in :drool: ....
Hope you have a lovely WEEK too .. and don'tforget to KTF :happy036:

Hiya Cherrypie, glad you like my merry rambling.. feel free to come and natter whenever you want, as you can tell Im not usually away for long. Hope you are having a good week.

Nicki. Im much better with the warm now I have lost some insulation but I still can't see the appeal of sitting out baking in it :confused:. Im quite happy to stay pale but it looks like Im going to have tide marks and I hate them :p

Right folks I will get off to bed now and if I come back in the morning and HAVEN'T done my shred -please yell at me... Im doing the working out on alternate days -so no excuse to miss tomorrow :nono:
Sleep well all,,,,,,,,,

Hi hunni,

Hmmm...methinks jillian may have found herself a mini me lol! Your enthusiasm is so infectious...its so lovely to come and escape to "capricorn world" for a few mins and leave my own behind xx. You really cheer me up!

Lots of love, dawn xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Good Morning all :wavey:

Righty-ho Im ducking any :copon::asskick: as I didn't get the shred done this morning :eek: -I realised that if I didn't stick to my 8am brekkie it was going to have a knock on effect on my meals for the day and I can't exercise on food -so I WILL get the DVD in either before lunch or between lunch and afternoon snacky ;)

ooooohhhhh it looks like we are on for doing a German car boot this Saturday, so I need to get sorted as we won't be able to take everything as we are taking the car as someone else has dibs on the van :rolleyes: ... so I need to go for the stuff that they reckon will sell best -so kitchen stuff, cook books etc, craft things. The jewellery stuff I have made won't take up any space -so I might settle down this afternoon and make some more bits ;). I just hope we raise some cash towards my trek. If it goes well then they have one every month so we can go again to get rid of the stuff we can't take this week,

Anyhoo -todays red carb curfew should go like this:-
8am
  • 1/2 grapefruit
    ----------
  • 28g oats (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
    -----------
    [*]raspberries
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
12pm
  • smoked haddock
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)- to roast
  • 198g parsnips (B)
  • carrots
    [*]onions
    [*]peppers
4pm
  • melon
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
7pm
  • crab meat/prawns
    [*]avocado (6)
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomato
    [*]peppers
    [*]raddish
    [*]onions
    [*]tickled cabbage
    [*]tickled onions
    [*]tickled beetroot
I make that 2A+Bs and 12 syns
I certainly can't be accused of not eating enough can I :giggle:.

Dawn -I wouldn't mind being a "mini" anyone :p. I really do like Jillian but I can't ever imagine having abody like hers... I wouldn't object though :D
Im glad that you like to escape here -I do live in my own little world :p ...
I hope they have your dads pain blocker sorted for him soon -and don't forget to get your feet up and rest ;)
Right I had better get off and get something done
Have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work :D [/SIZE]

Back