Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Hope you've had a good day my lovely? And that you got to have your game of badminton?

Good day here in work and now its the weekend - yay!!! Have a good one xxxx

Hi Capricorn,

I've not written in your diary before (I also read your ramblings on MSE ;)) but I've got a question ... hope you don't mind me being nosey :eek:

Have you seen any difference to your weight loss since you've introduced this 4 hour gap between meals?

By the way, well done on the ab fab weight loss and well done on the exercise! (Still a swear word in my house x)

Last edited:
Good afternoon all :wavey:

eee by gum I have achy bits in places I didn't even know I had *bits* :faint2:. We didn't play badminton yesterday -we had a walk around the golf course instead and then this morning we left the car at home and walked down to camp to play badminton -so about 20 mins there -we played for 1.5hrs and then [STRIKE]walked[/STRIKE] hobbled back 20mins -so now we are both shuffling about like a couple of old dears :giggle:. In my defence Im blaming my aches n pains on throwing myself on the floor -flat on my back like a big ole turtle I went!!! ..my shoes decided to stick to the floor and the rest of me kept on moving ... then I couldn't get up for laughing.
OOOH and when we had done I went to investigate the eliptical trainer thing -now when ever I tried it before it used to jolt the hell out of my knees :confused: -but today I got the stance right -no-one told me you sort of sit back a bit :d'oh: -I don't think it will become one of my fave pieces of equipment though.... ooh then I went to check out the rowing machine -before I lost weight I found it impossible to sit upright enough :eek: -well now Im fine :happy036:-so Im hoping that when I go to the gym in future I can run on the treadmill and then go on the rower to help tone up the ole top half ....
Anyway -thats my morning covered :D
My red carb curfew for today is:-
8am
  • melon
    [*]apple
12pm
  • turkey breast steak
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]celery
    [*]onions
    [*]tickled beetroot
    [*]tickled cabbage
    [*]tickled onions
4pm
  • plums
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
7pm
  • paprika marinated pork steak
    [*]salad
    *as above*
  • 500ml semi (2xA)
Now then I just realised I haven't had my heBs :copon:-but its to late now -never mind... it leaves me having used 2heA and 2.5syns,,
Wooho Trace my lovely - hope you are all better and made it to "we will rock you" -hubby LOVES Queen too...
Im hoping I will take to Tae Bo as its less "rhythm" based -I have the wii zumba jobby -but I really don't think its me... I should get rid really :eek: . Im really interested in taking up kick boxing or something similar as a fitness thing once Im slim enough -Im not a very "girly girl" :p
Hope you are all better and having a good weekend Mrs and KTF :party0011:
Vegemite -you are welcome, It never occured to me to use beans as my heB either until recently. I think your brain just says "potato, bread, pasta, rice" when you think of carbs. I gave up bread when I started SW as I couldn't be trusted :whistle:, then I found pasta was giving me stomach cramps -even though I only had small portions -I think my body is getting more intolerant of anything not in its raw state. I have to say that Im loving my beans -they add a real bulk to salads but don't leave me feeling stodged and bloated :clap: - Broadbeans are a corker if you like them as even using 1/2 a heB would be plenty as a full serving is 255g -cor-its masses so they are great value ;). Hope you enjoy them and good luck ...
Hiya Zeke ... I love knowing what Im eating and when -Its only the last few weeks I have started eating at set times, but I find that now I only eat 4 times a day I need to make sure I spread them out so I don't get hungry in between. Before I would eat 3 meals and then snack on fruit in between -but I realised that a lot of the time I was simply eating it through habbit -now I eat at those 4 times and then Im done...
It does get messed up occasionally if we are out n about -but now my stomach screams blue murder if I don't eat when I should :rotflmao:
Hope you are having a good weekend too Cherry-Pie... has the tooth ache healed up now?
Hiya Ali* -"oooh now Im pondering who you are over on MSE" :hmm: - I WILL figure it out :p. OOh you can come and be nosey here any time you like -there aren't many things kept secret from my diary...
I had a peep at your diary after reading your post and you don't seem to eat an awful lot do you!! -I have only been eating at set times for the last 3 weeks and I have found that spreading my meals to set times means that my body knows when to expect food and as I said above -if it doesn't get it, it plays merry hell :rotflmao:. I got the idea from my Jillian Michaels book -she basically says that you need to eat every 4 hours so that your blood sugars don't drop and cause you to crave junk, and so your body doesn't start "eating" into muscle-but also that by not eating any closer together -or snacking all the time it gives your system time to work on the last meal PLUS start burning the excess we are all trying to shift -although she explains it much more scientifically :p
I have lost 6.5lb in the last 3 weeks -so Im more than happy with that as I really expected my losses to be dropping now as I have been doing it so long :p.
I know that its easier for me than many as eating at 4hr intervals won't fit in with every ones routine, I only really have myself to suit most of the time as hubby is out all day so only has his evening meal with me -although he is losing too as I have him "on plan" ;)
I never did any exercise at one time -I was a completely lazy moo :eek: -but the more I do the more I enjoy it -well lets say Its more a case of I enjoy it more once Im done :D. I think I just got to a point where I realised that it was going to be 7 days between weigh in -so I may as well put a bit of effort into it and try and help the losses along, rather than get to another weigh in and think "what if"

cor Im in full on :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: mode aren't I :giggle:
I will hobble off now and get something done....
Have a lovely afternoon all and keep up the great work...

Hi Capricorn! Well, I didn't make it to WWRY and I'm still feeling grotty today. Anything I eat just goes straight through me :( I felt really weepy yesterday as well, but thankfully that has passed. I'm just exhausted today - but all that running to the loo doesn't help!

I've lost another pound, making my weight loss since Thursday 4 pounds!! :eek: I really do NOT recommend this method of losing weight though!

Ah well, hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow ...................

Anyway, glad to hear about all this exercise you're "enjoying" and I'm sure it'll be worth it when you jump on the scales tomorrow!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, bye for now, Trace xxxx

Morning all and it looks like being a bootiful one too :character00238:

Im another 1.5lb down this week :happy036:
Im even happier that hubby has dropped 2lbs :woohoo:... It is proving to him that he can lose weight without going without -afterall yesterday he drank a fair bit of beer and had cheese n ryvitas late on and STILL drops 2lbs :clap:. Bless him he commented the other day that the trousers on his uniform kept slipping down -so he had to adjust his belt to keep em up :giggle:. I know it sounds odd but Im really trying to help get him as lean and healthy as possible because at the moment he plays loads of sport in work time -but once he is back in civvi street that isn't going to happen -so if we can get him down now then it will be easier to maintain in civvi street rather than trying to lose it when he is less active ;)
Well hubby has gone out for a game of golf, so Im going to try and meal plan for the week -hubby is golfing Thur+Fri (see what I mean about how much sport he does :giggle:) -this week he will do PT twice, hockey practice and then 2 days of golf -each day playing 2 rounds -all in work time :eek:
I have decided to start upping my exercise too -after all -I have access to the gym on camp for free, so I may as well take advantage ;) -so I WILL make myself go Monday and Wednesday at least *please feel free to :copon: if I get slack*:D
SO then -todays food should look like this:-
8am
  • 2 weetabix (B)
    [*]250ml semi (A)
    [*]banana
12pm
  • 113g kidney beans (B)
    [*]onion
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]peppers
    [*]balsamic
    [*]garlic
    [*]thyme
    [*]quark
    [*]egg
    [*]28g cheddar
    (6)
4pm
  • lamb steak
    [*]carrots
    [*]cauliflower
    [*]broccoli
8pm
  • frozen berries
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
SO I make that 2A+Bs and 9syns covered :D
for lunch Im going to cook down the veggies with the thyme, balsamic then stir in the beans -put in a shallow dish and then top with the egg, quark and cheese mixture and bake :drool:

ooooh Trace sounds like you have a right nasty bug :sign0137: and what a b*gger that you couldn't make it to the show -still better safe than sorry eh!!
It is a wee bit drastic as a weight loss plan isn't it ;) -hope today finds you feeling better my lovely.. take care and get well soon:vibes:

Well I will get off and do some catching up and then do some planning -have a lovely day all !!

Fabulous! :talk017:

Just noticed our height, current and goal stats are the same :)

I will try and regulate my mealtimes, like you have. I guess I have to some extent but I can see, from what you have said, that a little more thought could bring things in to line further.

Morning Capricorn! Congrats on another 1.5 lbs off!!!!

I think I feel a bit better this morning. I actually managed to eat a piece of plain fish and some mashed potato last night without it going straight through me!!!!

Have a good week, lots of love, Trace xxx

Good morning my lovely!

It is most definately not a scorcher here - the wind in blowing in circles and the sky is the same colour as the slates on the roof - don't think we'll be BBQing today somehow!!! I've just had to run around the garden moving all my pots to ground level as its that windy - quite a sight, a very large woman in bright pink pjs puffing around the garden with her hair doing a crazy kate bush impression!!! The dogs all thought it was highly amusing and ran aroud with me!

That lunch of yours sounds lovely, very tasty indeed.

My mouth all seems to be healing well thankyou. I've tried to be sensible and stick to soft foods and everything is still warm rather than hot but fingers crossed it'll heal nicely and i'll not have to think about it again!

Have a fab day and catch up soon xxxx

Hi lovely!
Another 1.5?! Isn't that... move than half a stone this month? Wow hun, you're doing SO well. I really admire you. It seems I can't stick to plan for a month, let alone a long long time like you have!

I started slim fast 13 days ago... only lost a pound in the first week (which is very disheartening considering the ammount of 'food' I've been putting down me!)
Enjoying a chocolate shake while I have a read through on all the posts I've missed :p
Think I'm going to try to carry on slim fast for another 2 weeks.. and then hopefully get back on slimming world. I just felt like I needed a change.. you know? Anyway, enough of me rambling on, have an awesome day chicken! xx

Morning:)well done to you and hubby:D.

:woohoo:for the princess thread and staying on track for over a year:D the time has flown:)

Have a lovely day:)x

Good afternoon you lovely lot :wavey:

ooooooooooh I have just had my lunch and I declare it a "nomnomnom" :drool: -good thing too as I made 2 as I couldn't be doing with having 1/2 tins of stuff in the fridge -plus I wanted to use up the spinach.... so -in the end it was:-
  • 1/2tsp oil (1)
  • 1 large leek
  • 1 pointy red pepper
  • 1tsp dried thyme
  • good slug of balsamic
  • seasoning
  • tin chopped tomatoes
  • 226g tinned kidney beans -rinsed
  • about 500g spinach
I just heated the oil in a non-stick frying pan
softened the leek and pepper
added the thyme and balsamic
threw in the tomatoes and cooked down a little
added the rinsed kidney beans
then the spinach -I had to add a bit at a time as there was masses until it wilted
then I dolloped that into 2 serving dishes -using a sloted spoon to get rid of some of the liquid (I guess I could have just reduced it on the ring for longer :eek:) -
NOW THEN -I wanted to use some more syns up so I topped each with 28g crumbled low fat feta (3)
the topping was :-
  • 150g fat free quark
  • 2 eggs
  • 56g extra strong cheddar (2heA or 6syns each)
  • seasoning
simply whallop it all together and pour over the base and bake until golden -nomnomnom
because Im on red I paid 1heB and 9.5 syns BUT I could have called it 1A+1B and 3.5 syns OR on green I could have added more feta and called it 2heB +0.5 syns -OR 1A+1B+0.5 syn ...not confusing at all ehhh!!!!:p

so my day will end at 2A+Bs and 12.5syns
Im planning on going to the gym tomorrow so I may well have a green day -still with the carb curfew and that way I will only pay 2heBs + 0.5 syn :sign0151:

Hi Zeke -we are pretty much the same now aren't we :D -I really have found that eating at regular times means Im making sure I eat well at each meal as I know I have to wait 4hrs to get owt else :p. It also means that Im using my syns up much better -like my lunch I have just paid 9.5syns for it -but Im happy to do that now as I know I have my other meals planned so there is no chance of panicking this evening because I "want" something else ... sounds a bit odd -but it seems to suit me

Glad you are on the mend Trace... lets hope its over and done soon :cross:

Cherry-Pie, it went all overcast n stormy here earlier too -but then no actual storm so now its all humid and close :sigh:. I have spent many a morning running around the garden like the wild woman of Borneo trying to round up pots n tubs too :p. Hope you are having a good weekend,,,

woohoo Elaine.. All power to you sticking to the slimfast ... thats yet another 1 I have tried ,,,, several times :giggle: but its not for me -I used to use half the amount of powder suggested as I just couldn't swallow it at full strength :sign0137:.
I know you said you were trying it because you were struggling to control you portions on SW -but you should be able to eat plenty without feeling guilty Mrs... gawd knows I can pack it aways -heck in the early days my meal plans looked like shoping lists :rotflmao:. I also thought that Slim fast would be harder to fit in with your busy social life than SW..at least with SW you can make wise choices -and probably less restricted than cal counting on SF. I hope you find what suits you best Mrs as you were doing soooo welll ....come on you know you can do it :vibes: -just don't give yourself such a hard time.. be kind to yourself and you will be whipping those lbs off....
Whoo hoo SurreyGal -fellow :princess:.. I know, over a year :eek:.. I don't know about you but it seems to have passed so quickly.. and super duper :banana dancer: on your nice new 9st shiney :woohoo:

Thanks Aaliyah -hope you are having a good weekend too...

Right I will get off and rest my very full belly :p -have a lovely day everyone...

Hi ya

ive been reading your diary and im amazed with your weightloss and also your food diary!!

you make ur bean salads sound..nom, nom, nom lol :D

i would love to make one and wondered if you could give me some pointers and ingrediants needed to see if i enjoy it as much and it makes my mouth water when i read your diary about them lol

i also love your carb curfew ideas, and im going to give this a bash at some point :flirt2:

keep the diary up as i really love reading it as it give me inspiration :girlpower:

Goooooooooood Morning all -although "technically" at this time its really still night time :p

I thought I would post my meal plan before I went to the gym and then its out of the way :D

So then my GREEN :faint2: carb curfew should look like this:-
6:30am :eek:
  • 2 cold boiled eggs
    [*]raspberries
    [*]activia
    (2.5)
10:30am
  • melon
    [*]10 almonds
    (B)
2:30pm
  • beany bake from yesterday 2XA+ 0.5 syn
6:30pm
  • 142g crab (B)
    [*]avocado (7)
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]celery
    [*]peppers
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]tickled beetroot
    [*]tickled cabage
    [*]tickled onions
Now then I make that 2A+Bs and 10 syns covered :D
I will be back later to do my usual :blahblah: ,
I will post what I put in my bean salads then too Skinny :D

Right Im off to have a sit down until its time to go out.. see you all later... have a good morning all!!!!

Morning Capricorn! Flippin' 'eck!!!! You were up early! :eek: That's what I call dedication! Hope it all pays off for you next Sunday hon!

I'm on the road to recovery but still not 100% there. I've put on 2 pounds since Saturday!!! Hope I don't put much more back on!

Have a good day and KTF, lots of love, Trace xxxxxxxxxx

p.s. Poor Richie, in rehab again - he obviously needs me to help him through his troubles ;)

:rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2:
Well -*knickers* -I got to the gym this morning to find it packed solid -the squaddies were doing their PFTs .... "how wude" "anyone would think they owned the place :p" -not a piece of equipment empty -soooo I will now take a bow :thankyouthankyou: as I turned around -took a 40 min route walk back home and I didn't dilly dally :nono:, dropped my bag off -went for a wee (far too much information I know :giggle:) and then set off and did a joggy-walk -it was 2km -which isn't as much as I can manage on the treadmill -but boy is it uppy downy as its through fields, woods etc....
Im now just starting to cool down :p- so even though it wasn't quite what I had planned -at least I still shifted my a** :clap:...

I forgot to say yesterday that when hubby told me he had lost 2lbs he had actually lost 4lbs -the great nelly had forgotten what he weighed last week :confused: (good job I know) -he assumed 2lbs was right as -and I quote"there is no way I could have lost 4lbs" -well apparently he can and he DID :woohoo:
When we were chatting about how much he has lost -he said that the lightest he can remember being was when he came back from doing 6 months in Iraq just after we married -8 years ago ... only he used to weigh in KGs now we do lbs and sts --his face was a picture when I worked it out and he is only 5lbs heavier than that right now ;)

We need to nip shopping this evening -more water, milk and salad stuff *surprise surprise* :giggle:

Skinny*minx* -when I do bean salads I make the base warm as I love warm salads -but even if you leave it to go cold -the beans should take on more flavour, plus the garlic etc isn't as harsh once cooked ;)

I tend to warm 1/4tsp olive oil (0.5) and soften chopped onion, garlic (grated), chopped peppers then add a squirt of balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice (a pinch of dried rosemary, thyme is nice too) then I toss in the beans and leave to cool slightly -once at room temperature I add chopped cucumber etc

I also like to add fresh baby tomatoes to the base too -tomatoes actually get better for you once cooked,
You can add any other bits you like - later this week I have one planned with broad beans and bacon :drool: -I will make note of the quantities in case anyone want to try it ;)

Woohoo Trace- glad you are on the mend my lovely -its hardly surprising your poor body is trying to hold onto what you eat now after days of nothing :eek:...I bet you won't regain it all ;)
ooh I didn't know Richie was in rehab ... Im sure you could help him through :p -they just don't know what they are missing do they!! :giggle:. its such a shame isn't it ... I think Jon seems to be the most level headed of them -mind, I don't read much celeb stuff so I might have missed his shinanigins :p
Hope you have a good day Mrs...KTF

right Im off to wash my hair and then I will give mum a ring...ooh and no faffing about with lunch as I have yesterdays extra one to warm up :happy036:

Have a great day everyone!!

Just wanted to say thanks for the info the other day :thankyou:
Hubby's doing well isn't he?

We lived in Germany (RAF) for 5 years on and off. Loved it. You are doing incredibly well to lose weight over there! It is soooo easy to over enjoy life in Germany (by which I mean food of course ;))

When are you due to come back to the UK?

Oh hello - if squaddies were workin' out in my gym... i'd take my sleeping bag!

*drool*

I'm just out of them, don't judge me :p

In better news - WELL DONE YOU! dedicated Mrs xxx

Oh hello - if squaddies were workin' out in my gym... i'd take my sleeping bag!

*drool*

I'm just out of them, don't judge me :p

In better news - WELL DONE YOU! dedicated Mrs xxx

My poor poor misguided friend :patback:-you have the same idea of squaddies that I did :giggle: -I now know better, I swear there are plenty out there who make me look fit n slender -male and female!!! , although watching the PT instructors is ok ;)
How are things with you my lovely?

Hi Ali* You are welcome... Huby is doing really well -although its little old me who does the plan for him -I work out what day to put him on, prepare all the meals (soooooo not letting him loose in my kitchen :D) I try and keep back his A+Bs and as many syns as possible so when he has his beer or munches on ryvitas in an evening :confused: -I have it all covered :sign0151: ...
Im not to fussed with a lot of German food -oohh although I did have a thing for their mayo mmmmmmmmm -although it was 80% fat and worked out at 5syns per TBS :eek: ....oooh and I like kassler -although Im allowed that anyway :bliss:. Before we got together hubbies weakness was Gyros .. now he only has 1 once in a while. He has spent 22years out of the 26 years he has done out in Germany in various places -I have done 6 out of the last 8 -since we got married, I LOVE it out here, but hubby is soon into his last year so we will be heading back to the UK either toward the end of this year or 1 year from now :cry:

Well I have had lunch and OH BOY I need to find more recipes I can top with that quark/cheese mix -it was scrummy scrummy scrummy :eat:
I have just about put my meal plan and shopping list together -so I just need to make our salads up for tonight and thats about it.
ooohh and I have decided that Im going to drag my ar*e to the gym tomorrow -just need to check with hubby that it isn't going to be full again -I don't want to have to go all :whoopass: on them if they get in the way of my workout again :p

Haha you ruined my squaddie filled dreams haha!

It's going okay for me, just okay. I started slim fast .. and after two weeks, 28 shakes, 14 600 calorie meals I have lost... 2 lbs! Yes, a measly pound a week!

won't give up though - can't! x

Back