Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Sounds great!! You really are an inspiration and love ready about your morning antics!

I'm not sure i'll ever be a gym bunny as i don't much like them, so am sticking to zumba classes and dvd's for the time being!!

Does the carb curfew give bigger losses do you think?

I'm making a weekly plan to stick to and being super strict, but wondering if i restrict carbs after lunch if it would help?!

Love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At the gym, try 2 mins at your regular pace then 30 seconds flat out building upto a minute in a couple of weeks. This will alter your heart rate more. Aim for 160 beats on the flat out part. I'm going to Zumba tonight and am going to give the cross trainer a try tomorrow. Still being careful with a just recovered shoulder. Let me know how you get on.

Wow!
I've not been on here for a while - had a bit of a wobble - but i'm back and raring to go.

You are such an inspiration - I really need to kick my exercise up a gear but at the moment struggling with a lumbar strain :( boohiss!!
I've tried to train through it but it's just making it worse so i'm under doctor's orders not to go to the gym (never thought i'd hear that!)

Loving the idea of the carb curfew - sounds like it's working really well too.

sarah x

:cry:I don't understand it, I have tried so hard this week and having jumped on the scales this morning it looks as though I have stayed the same:confused:...My official weigh-in is in tomorrow morning but I just feel :break_diet:

Could you please take a little look at my food, over in the food diary section..pretty please. I have written EVERYthing down in there APART from the mars bar I had just a few minutes ago:mad::eek::( which i only scoffed because I feel:(

Sorry to come crying on your thread, but I have eaten so much veg and salad, and am still fat! I know it is only 1 week and it all may change next week, but I feel that if it hasn't worked this week then it's unlikely to work next week either:rolleyes:

Mel xx

Okey dokey Mel...

Off to read .... Everyone else I will be back in a while to natter :p

Im baccccccccccck :p

Good evening all
Im sulking :cry: -I can't play badminton tomorrow as the gym is in use *nick nack noo* I want to play badminton :rant2: - hubby says we can go 1 evening after work,,,, so I will just have to wait (Im not good at being patient) :eek:

Hi MrsBurgundy -I never thought I would grow to love the gymble either -so Im not sure what has happened -but I feel great once I have been and got it out of the way for another day, and feel like Im missing something on the days I don't go :faint2:
With the carb curfew -my body seems to really like it (amazing as I was once such a carb addict ;)) -my losses have picked up a little since I started the curfew, but even if they hadn't I would have stuck with it as it seems to agree with my system. I think they must be making a difference as I keep expecting to hit a plateau after doing SW for this long -but "touch wood" it hasn't happened yet.
From what I have read (Jillian Michaels)- your body burns carbs better earlier in the day, especially if thats when you exercise -but even if not, most people are more active in a morning,
I would say its worth a try -after all you can soon stop if they don't suit you.

Shelski.... ooh eck :eek:-I will try that 2min/30sec thing but if you here a big bump I have fallen off my bike in the gym :rotflmao:
Now I have been increasing the resistance -but if Im doing the timings you suggest do I leave it at the same resistance and just peddle a lot faster?
My heart rate is supposed to be at 155max according to the chart jobby -if I go any higher I go into the red zone on the bike -so I guess Im not supposed to -am I ?
Good luck with the X trainer - Im not keen on that thing, I have only just mastered using it at all without jolting the bejeezus out of my knees :giggle:
Hi Surzy -nice to see you back :D
*ouch* your back sounds bad...and well if you are told NOT to go to the gym-well you can't really argue can you ;). Can you swim or something? -or yoga, pilates -mind when your back is bad it must be a minefield trying to think of anything that won't hurt :eek:
Hope you have a good week...
Mel -you can come on here any time you like my lovely...
I have posted on your diary -but I can't really see anything that stands out. I have mentioned a couple of things but its clutching at straws really as your food looks fine :confused:
Hopefully tomorrow you will get the loss that you obviously deserve :vibes: -don't lose heart, I reckon it really could just be the change over from WW to SW....
Hope you have had a good evening and not been to upset....
:cross: for the morning for you...

Well folks -dinner was yummy -we ended up with the pork steaks with salad *YES I washed it well* :p, and I made hubby wedges with his... there were 2 Mahoosives pork steaks left to cool -but we obviously have big mice -because 1 has gone..and it wasn't me :D hubby was on the prowl -so if the other one makes it to tomorrow I will have that for my lunch:drool:

Im not at the gymble tomorrow as its in use so I may "shred" or have another go at my wii exerbeat thingy... -I bet the shred will win ;)
Anyway -enough waffle from me..
have a lovely evening all and keep up the great work...we are getting there ;)

Hi Capricorn,

I read your thread every day and I just wanted to say that I love it!

It's always so positive, helpful, colourful and most of all friendly. You take the time to answer everyone :)

Keep up the fab work you are a real inspiration
Xx

Hi Capricorn
Well done on planning something else to do tomorrow. Just got bck from a new zumba class and was a bit disappointed :(
I'm no Davina, but I didn't even get out of breath. Back to the DVDs I think.
With regards to the resistance, I usually do level 5 for 2 mins and then level 7 flat out for 30 secs, but I started at level 4 and 6.
Is the chart you're looking at the one on the side that has ages on it? If it is my trainer at the gym told me not to look at it!!
I have to warm up to 140 beats and work at a max of 175 ( at which point I'm ready to fall off!!!). It goes off your age and I'm 38. Lower age = higher beats. I tend to be around 160 beats after I've been on about 5 mins, moving up when I'm going flat out. this tends to burn about 100 cals per ten minutes although that's for 12 stone of me.
So I would think that warming up to 130 and not going over 160 would really work your cardio without any ill effects, though obviously I don't know how old you are or what your resting heart rate is.
Hope this helps xx

Good Morning all :wavey:

Hi Cleogin and thanks for the lovely comments *aww shucks* -I can always find something to rattle about can't I :p
Hope you are having a good week!!

Hi Shelski

I just don't have the rhythm for zumba :eek: -I really think I will take up something like kick boxing once Im at target -I like that kind of thing more than the dancey stuff,,,,
I got my workout rate from checking a couple of sites, a book and the chart in the gym -just to get an average -and they came at approx 127-154bpm
BUT I have just done one that asked for my resting heart rate and it came out at 109-123 :p ..I will do my heart rate for the next few days to get an average because today on the chart it put me in the "althlete" catagory :rotflmao: as Im 39 and my resting heart rate today was 56 bpm :giggle: *I would like it noted for posterity that I have been called ATHLETE* -cos it will never happen again :faint2:
I guess I could always ask one of the PT instructors at the gym -they should know what they are doing....
I will be in the gymble again on Monday -so when I get on teh bike I will give that 2min/30sec thing a go *gulp*

Well folks its glorious here today, hopefully its like it tomorow as we are off for a tootle around the golf course at about 7am ...
Anyhoo here is my red carb curfew for today:-
8am
  • 189g stewed apple (B)
    [*]28g oats (B)
    [*]1tsp wheat germ (0.5)
    [*]100g low fat natural yogurt
    [*]pinch ground ginger
  • marinated pork steak
    [*]carrots
    [*]cabbage
    [*]cauli
4pm
  • fresh pineapple
    [*]melon
    [*]12 almonds (6)
7pm
  • Prawns
    [*]avocado (7)
    [*]42g low fat feta (A)
    [*]lettuce
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]celery
    [*]peppers
    [*]radish
    [*]cucumber + onions in balsamic
  • 250ml semi (A)
So I make that 2A+Bs and 13.5 syns of yummy, scrummy tastiness :drool:
I think I might make a crustless quiche later -that will make quite a few brekkies plus a quick lunch for hubby tomorrow :p
Nothing much else planned here for today -so I might get next weeks food plan sorted..
Off to catch up...have a great day everyone!!

Good evening all

okey dokey then -dinner changed, well mine did..... I just didn't fancy prawns :confused: so I made a crustless quiche with onions, peppers, tomatoes and feta -so just 1heA per slice :D and I had it with salad so that drops my syns for today to just 6.5...

The rest of the quiche is in the fridge -apart from the wedge hubby snaffled :p so we may well have a piece for a quick lunch tomorrow...

Right I will get off again and I will be back once we get back from the golf course..
Have a lovely evening all and sleep well!!

Oooh, get you with your quiche!! Hahaha!! I think its addicvtive stuff!!! Thanks ever so much for putting it on here, and introducing it to my world!!!!
I had a change of dinner plans too!!! I didn't have the time or inclination to defrost steak, so had a ready meal instead!!

Have a fab time golfing and will chat soon! xxxxx

Well I thought I may as well post my meal plan for tomorrow as I will be out n about early...so my red carb curfew should look like this:-
6am
  • 2 weetabix (B)
    [*]250ml semi (A)
    [*]1/2 grapefruit
10am
  • apple
    [*]12 almonds (6)
    [*]4 brazils (4)
    [*]71g semi dried apricots
    (B)
2pm
  • crustless quiche (3)
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomato
    [*]onions
    [*]celery
    [*]peppers
6pm
  • griddled chicken breast
    [*]salad
    *as above*
  • 250ml semi (A)
So I make that 2A+Bs and 13 syns covered .. must remember to pick up some dried apricots :drool: and Im hoping to find smoked mackerel in the naffi -I know its quite high in syns but I really fancy some :eating:

MrsB -I blame you for reminding me about the quiche :p - it is rather tasty though (even without the smoked bacon I usually put in it)

Right thats me off to the land of nod ..sleep well everyone!!

:nightf:Night night hon!! Sweet dreams! xxxx

PS Your menu sounds fab!! Going to have to follow a day or two of yours!!!
xxxxx

Oh great...now I REALLY fancy making a huge quiche tomorrow! :eating: Haven't had one for AGES...hope I've got some eggs left...

Have a lovely day tomorrow xx

Evening Capricorn, thought I'd drop in and say hello having been AWOL for a few days - I had to go on an unplanned trip with work for a few days. I took loads of fruit but hotels and driving make for pants healthy choices! Nevermind, I'm home again now and it pays the bills!

It sounds like you've had a good week? I saw your lasagne dinner the other night - as a fellow cabbage fan have you ever tried making it with large cabbage leaves making up the layers (as I know you avoided the pasta) - its yummy, almost better than the pasta version!

Have fun with those lotions and potions, its good to spoil yourself and they look better on than in their bottles!! Take care xxx

Good evening all

Finally mustered up the oomph to post :p -I can only put it down to * week again that I have had all on staying awake today :giggle: every time I settle on the sofa Im :zz: although reclining it doesn't help -tis awfully comfy though :D. I get like this for a couple of days every time * week appears -but thats my only symptom -so Im grateful for small mercies :D

Anyhoo -we went for our walk around the golf course this morning -from 7:30am and it was 2pm by the time we had stopped of at the naffi and got home :faint2: -so at least I got some exercise in -and jees was it hot this morning at 7:30 it was 27degrees :faint2:

Since I got back I have managed to make lunch and dinner and thats it :p so I have stuck to the plan I made yesterday, although I only put 1/2 a chicken breast on my dinner as they are HUGE boogers -hubby snaffled the other half after his jackets n cottage cheese :p

SO Im doing the chicken breasts sliced in half tomorrow and wraped in smoked bacon -so 1 will be more than enough between us :clap:
Ooh I got my semi dried apricots today :drool: -and I got 12 to my heB :woohoo: .....but I couldn't get smoked mackerel :cry:

Hubby is golfing tomorrow so Im planning a lazy day :banana dancer: - I got the new SW and RC mags today so I will peruse them ... well if I can stay awake :p

Hello Dawny my lovely -nice to see you tootling about :flowers: -The feta crustless quiche is rather nommy -I even have hubby asking for it now :eek: and he eats it cold, at one time I would have to warm it up...but he is a convert :sign0151:
Hope you are finding some chill out time for yourself, with all the busy busy busy you are doing Mrs.. you take care of yourself!!

oooh Cherry -its odd because I used to have shredded cabbage under bolognaise instead of spaghetti -but it never occurred to me to do it with lasagne *stores that one to memory* thankyou :D
Sounds like you have been busy, well done for staying on track -must be really difficult when you don't have full control. Heck I only went golfing today and had to take a little food bag with my nuts n apple for my 10am snacky :rotflmao: -Im not sure what I would do if I wasn't in charge of my own meals :party0051:

Well -weigh in for me in the morning and I have to say that I feel rather like a barrage balloon -although I think its more down to the heat and * week than anything else -and I have certainly drunk plenty again today.... so we will just have to see what the "scales of fate" say tomorrow :vibes:

Right Im off for a quick check up on what I have missed and then off to the sofa -where I will TRY not to :zz:

Have a lovely evening all....

Good evening sweetheart!!!

Well done on getting up and going for your walk!! On * weeks you'll be lucky to get me out of my bed, and even then it's for paracetomal, a hot water bottle and a cuppa!! :worthy::sick: :coffee:

Good on ya for having a lazy day!! I think i might join you with that, as i'm utterly shattered at the moment, but hopefully will have the energy for a quick JM workout in the morning! I always feel better when i've done it, and need to start shredding again!!!

Did half hour of both Biggest Loser Challenge, and Zumba and loved both of them!!! But wore me out!!!

Hope you're having a lovely cosy evening!! xxxxxxxxx

S140.jpg

Look what I got this morning :bliss: ... 1.5lbs off this week so I got my shiney smack on and I have lost the 14lb mini target I planned to lose in time for hubbies birthday (23rd June) -so I still have 2 weigh ins to go :D -so today has got off to a :bunnydance: start :giggle:
Hubby has just left for his golf comp -so Im catching up on here and then settling down to finish off my meal plan and shopping list -we need to nip out for a few bits again tomorrow -more water for a start...

So then my red carb curfew plan for today looks like this:-
8am
  • apple
    [*]crustless quiche
    (3)

• chicken wrapped in smoked bacon (2)
    [*]198g potatoes
    -sauted (B + 0.5)
  • asparagus
    [*]cabbage
    [*]cauli
    [*]71g peas
    (B)
4pm
  • activia (2.5)
    [*]melon
    [*]10 semi dried apricots
    (5)
7pm
  • ham
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomato
    [*]peppers
    [*]cucumber and onions in balsamic
  • 500ml semi (2xA)
SO I make that 2A+Bs and 13.5syns

MrsB-Im really lucky that the only symptom I get on * week is that I fall asleep for 2 days and get a knot in the back of my left shoulder :confused: -so I know I get off lightly :D -to be honest the better I eat the easier it is, since I cut out junk I never get cravings or anything :happy036:
Hope you are having a good weekend

Well Im planning on getting in the gymble in the morning (well Im going to try -hopefully I can beat the lads to a machine ;)) -then hopefully hubby is going to try and book the badminton court for tomorrow evening -not sure how its going to work as we will need to nip shopping afterwards, but Im not turning down a chance to play :nono: -I will just have to shop looking like a bright red, day glo beetroot :rotflmao:

Right I had better get off and catch up on here again and then -on with some planning..
Have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work!!

wow! I am so inspired and motivated after putting on weight over half term. back onto the wagon i go.

S140.jpg

Look what I got this morning :bliss: ... 1.5lbs off this week .
Have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work!!

Hi Capricorn, fabulous job. You've made SW work for you. I'm keeping an eye on your journal.:D

Back