Baby Weight Be Gone!

choufleur

I was kind of active on these forums late 2011/early 2012 when I was doing the Cambridge plan. Discovered S&S in about Feb 2012 & mixed the two until the April. From Sep 2011 until April 2012 (with many breaks e.g. birthday, Christmas etc) I managed to lose around 4-5 stones.

Typically, just as I was on the last stretch towards my goal weight, I got pregnant! I now have a beautiful little baby boy...and all of the lost weight back on! Ate like a beast whilst pregnant, and carried on for quite a while afterwards too. And enough is ENOUGH.

I'm fed up of being confined to the same few outfits - I threw all my "fat" clothes away just before I found out I was pregnant. I'm fed up of not being able to wear any of the lovely clothes in the suitcase under the bed! I'm fed up of feeling rubbish when this time last year I felt AMAZING.

So, as of Monday I'm starting the VLCD again. It's the only type of diet that ever really works for me - I have PCOS so tend to lose incredibly slowly unless carbs are cut out / drastic measures are taken, which means I get disheartened. I'm really, really looking forward to starting again. I've bought a month's worth of S&S products & am going to the supermarket in a bit to stock up on Coke Zero & diet Cream Soda, both of which kept me sane last time. I'm going with S&S because it's slightly cheaper than the CWP, although I do really love a lot of the Cambridge products. I'm going to miss their strawberry & choc mint shakes :( But at least there are the fake meal-type things with S&S!

Here's to tomorrow, woo!

Good luck on starting tomorrow im sure the weight gain will soon be gone as you know you will have fast results and will be soon getting that case out from under your bed

Stay busy and drink the water

The meals are lovely and help keep the sanity when on this diet

Good luck

Best ofl uck, remember the first few days to sleep lots and distract yourself and then it's pain sailing... Well not quite, but you know what I mean ;)

Thanks both! Am psyching myself up as I type. Bit concerned about being able to manage all the water since I have to run around after the little one all day. I guess I'll see tomorrow!

Thanks slim_and_happy and LifesDesire!

First day HAS gone well. Got up & had a pint of water before putting my little one down for his first nap. My S&S package didn't arrive until late afternoon so breakfast & lunch was two of the Cambridge packs I have left from last year, strawberry shake and tomato soup. I forgot how much I actually enjoy the products.

Took my baby swimming this morning which was great, plus I got to think about how great it'll be when I feel so much better in a swimming costume!

No problems with the water - I got a 1.5 litre bottle from the shop yesterday & I've just been refilling that as & when. Have gotten through around 5 litres today, woohoo!

For dinner I had two packs of the Cottage Pie added together to make a massive portion since I'm following the 4 packs per day thing and just fancied a butt load of something warm.

Did get hungry around 3pm but just chugged the water. I know from past experience it'll start to get really hard over the next few days...I AM STEELY!

Well Day 2 has gone swimmingly too. Went for a lovely walk along the Thames in the sun with some friends. We called at a pub so they could have some lunch, but I was very good and just sipped on water.

Breakfast was a caramel shake (YUM!) and I had a chocolate one when I got back from the walk for my lunch. Now sat having spaghetti Bol for dinner.

Think my boy may be an absolute bugger this evening which I'm not looking forward to...he hasn't slept well so is overtired & in bed already, but his room is BOILING so I've had to leave the door open. The slightest sound will probably wake him up :(

I know how you feel hun. My little girl wouldnt take her afternoon nap and is now in bed an hour early and very cranky. I know she will keep waking up for a cple hours now... She is always unsettled when she misses a nap. Good luck with the weightloss. X

Aww that sounds like a lovely day and congrats on staying strong in the pub. I hope the little 'un manages to sleep through xxx

I know how you feel hun. My little girl wouldnt take her afternoon nap and is now in bed an hour early and very cranky. I know she will keep waking up for a cple hours now... She is always unsettled when she misses a nap. Good luck with the weightloss. X

Yep, that was exactly my story today! Little ones eh, they're so sensitive when it comes to sleep :)

Aww that sounds like a lovely day and congrats on staying strong in the pub. I hope the little 'un manages to sleep through xxx

Thanks! I felt very good for it. No point in missing out on things like that, just need to stay strong about it all.

How did your night go with little one? My daughter was unsettled until 7.30 and then slept thru until 6 so I am not complaining. Have a good diet day today hun. X

How did your night go with little one? My daughter was unsettled until 7.30 and then slept thru until 6 so I am not complaining. Have a good diet day today hun. X

He wasn't actually too bad! Fell asleep at 6pm & had a few occasions of waking up chuntering but he put himself back to sleep & slept until 6am as well. So nowhere near as bad as I'd feared!

Thanks, and you too!

Gosh today was hard. I think it was mainly because I had my breakfast shake (hazelnut) so early, that it was then a fair stretch until lunch. Managed it though. Lots of water and distraction techniques...thankfully it appears a baby is the ultimate distraction technique!!

This afternoon my son & I sat in a friend's garden with a large group enjoying the sun. I had a water and a black coffee & took a bar with me in case I got tempted by the caramel shortbreads & ice creams on offer...sigh. Thankfully it wasn't necessary.

Just waiting for the little one to go to sleep before I make my dinner. I can hear him rustling around over the monitor. He's teething at the moment so not happy, poor little man :(

So yesterday was fine, although I'm expecting a headache at some point as I'm sure I normally get one around the 4th or 5th day. I am a bit worried that I don't have the ketosis taste in my mouth yet...I'm sure that's normally landed by now :-/

Another "Well Done Me" yesterday - went to a Café Rouge after baby signing in the morning with some friends & just drank water & black coffee whilst they had French toast, croissants etc. Looked so yummy :(

Had my first food pack fail yesterday as well, Mild Curry. I have an extreme aversion to coriander, and it was liberally laced with the stuff. Yuck. Bit annoying that I'd bought 6 packs of it without considering if it would have the evil herb in it :(

Today is going to be hard, I think. The last few day were all beautiful sunshine here so I have been busy out and about, but today it is bucketing down and I'll be inside all day...

Well done getting back on the band wagon so early! I waited until my daughter was 20months before I decided that carrying around THIS much weight was ridiculous. (We do have a lot in common! CD, pregnancy weight, PCOS and a severe distaste for corriander! Blech blech blech!!) Thanks for forewarning me. I can't bear the stuff so will avoid eating that pack.

Good luck with today, I know how hard it is to be at home all day.

Well done getting back on the band wagon so early! I waited until my daughter was 20months before I decided that carrying around THIS much weight was ridiculous. (We do have a lot in common! CD, pregnancy weight, PCOS and a severe distaste for corriander! Blech blech blech!!) Thanks for forewarning me. I can't bear the stuff so will avoid eating that pack.

Good luck with today, I know how hard it is to be at home all day.

Thanks! Part of the reason is that I literally have nothing to wear but maternity clothes - I threw away all of my "big" clothes just before I found out I was pregnant, so that's a big motivator.

We DO have a lot in common, almost freakishly with the coriander part ha. Disgusting isn't it. Definitely don't get the curry. The chicken noodle curry or whatever it's called looks like it has coriander in, but you can't taste it.

So I had another pack fail today - Sweet Porridge. YUCK. I adored the Cambridge porridges and ate them every morning, but this... *shudder* It was like salty, yet somehow bland wallpaper paste. I added some cinnamon in an attempt to make it nice, but it was still unbearable. Those packs have gone in the bin!

Breakfast therefore ended up being a Crispy Chocolate shake, and I had a Caramel one for lunch. Just had Chilli Con Carne (one portion) for my dinner & shall have a Banana shake in a bit.

Unsure why I'm still capitalising the shake flavours...

Anyway. Today was ok. My son is teething quite badly and keeps chomping on my fingers, pulling my hair, scratching me etc which was pretty irritating, especially on top of the crying :( Oh well. I still managed to drink 3L of water (so far). Did have to have a Coke Zero mid-morning though. My stomach was empty and was making this fact known!!

I did jump on the scales this morning, as naughty as that may be. They were showing an 8lb loss which I'm understandably pretty chuffed with! We shall see come Monday...

Also I've realised I've started this diet again at the most stupid time possible. Not only are we going on holiday in 2 weeks time, but I'll be weaning my son onto solids next month...how can I persuade him to try something if I won't put it in my own mouth?? :( I will persevere. If needs be I'll put it in then discreetly spit it out! Although I guess if I make him puréed veg it could count as my fourth meal...haha.

Back