Bacardi breezers

I know it's frustrating, there have been quite a few discrepancies like this. I'm playing it safe and pointing at 3pp. I just can not fathom it being 1pp. Makes absolutely no sense. :-(

Ok so I just got this from the Asda website, for the raspberry half sugar 100 cal:

Typical values 100ml PROVIDES
Energy 153kJ / 36kcal
Protein 0g
Carbohydrate 3.3g
of which:- sugars 3.3g
Fat 0g
of which:- saturates 0g
Fibre 0g
Sodium 0g

...and if I put that into the calculator, it comes up as 1pp for 275ml. For the normal one it says... Oh, exactly the same.

I'd contact Bacardi for proper nutritional info, see how that comes out.

V frustrating though!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Alcohol doesnt point up the same as food.

In the booklet it explains about Alcohol sugars, so therefore you cannott take the nutritional info for granted when it comes to pro points x

On esource it says 3pp for half sugar raspberry bacardi breezer, so i would defo go with 3pp. The lemon bacardi breezer is 5pp and orange mango pineapple and watermelon are 3pp
(ALL 275ML, 1bottle)

As you cant use the NV's for Alcohol its easier to take the calories and divide by 40 then round up e.g. Bacardi Breezer 100 cal's = 3pp

I'm gonna point the 275ml bottles as 1pp each and 2 bottles for 3pp.

I called WW's and the woman I spoke too said they are 100% 1pp per bottle.
I asked how when 1 shot of barcardi is 2pp and she said there is 25cl of barcardi in a shot and there's only about 15cl of barcardi in these bottles and then the rest is sweeteners much like a can of diet coke.
That's good enough for me as it's their diet after all.

I think this has kinda been exhausted now. WW have said on several occasions now that 1pp is correct for these. I dont think there is anything else that needs debated

Update from WW on Bacardi Breezers

Hi All,
Had to post this as a new thread since someone closed the old one. Sorry to return to this yet again but one of the girls on the WW boards got this reply from WW. Thought I would share it with you as 1pp for a breezer is just to good to be true and if you are drinking a lot of them then thats a lot of extra points your not accounting for. There have been a lot of teething problems with WW getting points wrong for some things and this seems to have been one of them. Here is the response:

After much debate I wrote to WW about the PP for 100cals bacardi breezers and below is their response:-

The correct answer is as per below:
To clarify;
Lemon Bacardi Breezer, 275mls = 5 ProPoints values
Orange, Watermelon, Pineapple and Mango Bacardi Breezers, 275mls = 3 ProPoints values
Half sugar Raspberry Bacardi Breezer also = 3 ProPoints values
You will notice the Customer Services agent also used the EOG as the point of reference, however the food database team do state as per The Funnel response that the EOG is in fact an error – this updated information will be passed to our Customer Services Team to ensure that any members querying this will get the same answer.

Please accept my apologies for any confusion – and for the best pro points value steer to Orange, Watermelon, Pineapple and Mango or the Half Sugar Raspberry.

Many Thanks

Back