Back again, hoping third time's a charm

DeeOne_UK

It's been a while since i was last here in 2013. I was a newly diagnosed diabetic and waiting on major surgery, fell off the wagon and was too depressed to get back on. The weight crept back on till I was back over 300lbs and now with my diabetes spiraling out of control its time to give it another go.
To halt my ever increasing volume of meds I started alternate day LC fasting in Aug last year at 315 lbs, I am now 262 hoping to get to under 200 to improve my diabetes.
I switched to the Fast 800 plan keeping it low carb at the beginning of Dec 2020 and will be following it for 12 weeks before returning to ADF.
Survived the holidays temptations took 4 days off plan and had a carb fest. I have lost 12 lbs in the first 4 weeks hoping to lose at least 25 over the 12 weeks.
800 calories a day is hard, but combining it with IF 16/8 gives a smaller eating window, so it feels more manageable. I've always enjoyed the support here and it helped a lot before so I am catching up on posts and getting back on the wagon :)

Welcome back. Amazing losses so far! Here to help cheer you on to target.

Thank you Littlemiss, LadyFelsham & Bean for the welcome backs. Mondays are my weigh in days so i'll be reporting back weekly.
Only lost 1lb this week, I've stuck to my 800 cals but have slightly gone over my carb count due to smints. I brought some sugar free ones and going through them quickly, only 2 cals & 0.7 carbs each, but they soon add up lol. I might have to lower my carb limit to under 50 to accommodate them. will see if going over 60 carbs a day stalls or slows my losses.

Thank you Littlemiss, LadyFelsham & Bean for the welcome backs. Mondays are my weigh in days so i'll be reporting back weekly.
Only lost 1lb this week, I've stuck to my 800 cals but have slightly gone over my carb count due to smints. I brought some sugar free ones and going through them quickly, only 2 cals & 0.7 carbs each, but they soon add up lol. I might have to lower my carb limit to under 50 to accommodate them. will see if going over 60 carbs a day stalls or slows my losses.

Well done on your loss :)

Congratulations on your amazing losses so far, you've got this.

My weigh day is also Monday so I will be interested in seeing how you are doing. 😊

Hi everyone, well its been a couple of weeks since my last weigh in. Week of the 11th spent a few days in hospital, impossible to calorie count or follow low carb lost 1lb. This week lost 2lbs. I seem to be the tortoise rather than the hare this time around, could be an age thing or just years of messing up my metabolism with yo-yo dieting. I have those weeks where i just maintain, but as long as its not a gain, i'll take it.

Hello 👋I am starting fast 800 on Monday. I am.off shopping today to get all the right bits in. I am going to do 16/8 as better for me with work. Feeling positive 😁
Good luck with the fast 800, I'm beginning week 8 and doing well with it. They suggest 8 weeks but as I have so much to lose I am doing the maximum 12 as I am a slow loser anyway. How are you getting on with it?

Hopefully you are feeling better.
3lb in 2 weeks is good, go easy on yourself

Hi @DeeOne_UK and welcome back. You seem to be doing well so far, what is fast 800. I haven't heard of it.

Thank you simone & Littlemiss for your encouragement, yes im much better now thanks, taking it easy & keeping warm.
Yesterday was weigh in day for me, but it was a funny week. some old carb cravings came back with a bang. I've felt hungrier than usual so im looking forward to some higher calorie days at the end of the month.

Hi @DeeOne_UK and welcome back. You seem to be doing well so far, what is fast 800. I haven't heard of it.
Hi Tipperary, thank you for the welcome. the fast 800 is basically 800 calories a day, lower carb but not necessarily Keto low. which you can follow for a minimum of 2 weeks to up to 8 weeks or 12 if you have a lot of weight to lose. Then you switch to 5 days higher calories eg TEE level then have 2 fast days @ 800 a week to continue your weight loss. Its a Mediterranean style diet combined with intermittent fasting devised by Dr Micheal Mosley & is suppose to help with diabetes prevention.
Im a slow loser so It has been working for me and has changed my way of eating, here's an article on it :)

its been a tougher week than usual slightly over my calorie allowance on some days & my 16/8 went out the window, will try to curb my late night snacking (blaming it on the cold weather sigh).
weigh in day yesterday & nearly another 2lbs down this week, so im happy with that & at this rate over the next few weeks i should hit my mini goal of 250lbs by the end of feb :)

Another lb down this week, slacking on the water and i think it does make a difference. I find if i don't drink enough my body holds on to water. my hands & feet are quite puffy atm.
Only 2lbs in 2 weeks to hit my 250 mini goal.. fingers crossed and yes your all right a loss is a loss and i need to stop thinking about the numbers and focus on the progression downwards. :)

Back