back again, this time for good! my weight loss journey

Having a major wobble at the moment and I'm really not sure what to do :(

I can't seem to get my head round the fact that I need to follow this properly and I'm literally starting to wonder if maybe it's time to look at something other than slimming world to get the weight gone?

I wake up each morning and I feel good about trying again, but the moment I slip up (generally lunchtime at mum's while I'm waiting for my food to cook) that's it and my day goes downhill from there and I pick for the rest of the day. By some miracle I'm actually managing to maintain my weight :eek:

I was crying to Chris last night that although I'm doing this for me, I'm feeling such an immense amount of pressure to get the weight gone so that we can get back to trying for a baby and it's freaking me out. I feel like his mum and dad (and my mum for that fact) are pinning their hopes of grandchildren onto me and Chris and I don't think that sort of pressure is helping in the slightest :cry:

I don't know how to move forward from this and really am at a loss as to what to do :(

What about calorie counting? it might give you more flexibility x

Definitely - calorie counting is about as flexible as it gets, I can recommend it wholeheartedly! :) xx

I am seriously tempted to do calorie counting as like you both say it could possibly give me the flexibility that I need at the moment. We also have the hairy dieters books and they're all measured in calories, so there's lots of yummy foods for us to try out (I'm particularly wanting to make their version of sweet and sour chicken). Maybe this could possibly work for me :)

I am seriously tempted to do calorie counting as like you both say it could possibly give me the flexibility that I need at the moment. We also have the hairy dieters books and they're all measured in calories, so there's lots of yummy foods for us to try out (I'm particularly wanting to make their version of sweet and sour chicken). Maybe this could possibly work for me :)

Think you have your answer then :D

I've got 2 weeks until my online membership to slimming world is due to renew. What I think I'm going to do is get my books out tonight and go over everything and give it my all this next couple of weeks and if I still feel the same then I'll not renew my slimming world membership and start calorie counting. I'm not going to willingly let the money go to waste (even though that's what I've been doing by not really concentrating and making it work).

I'm going to get the fakeaway book out tonight and look for some recipes for this week. I'm thinking kfc chicken and the sw version of sweet and sour chicken (as I'm definitely craving that).

I'm down at mum's at the moment and not brought any food down with me so am currently sat in the front room trying to pull myself together for the week.

I've used 5.5 syns so far today on a muller light goodie yoghurt and packet of popcorn and that's all that I've had so far. I'm probably going to make tuna, sweetcorn and mayo (4 syns) pasta with my hexa of cheese when I get in and have some strawberries and mango afterwards. Then I'll make baked oats and have that with some ice cream (5.5 syns) and defrosted fruit for supper. We're due to do a food shop tomorrow so we're very limited in what we have in the house so there won't be a massive amount of speed/superfree foods today.

I'm going to give it my all this next couple of weeks and when I say my all, I mean, everything I have. Just to try and get myself back into a routine that works. At least if I do make the switch I will know I gave it a proper try before trying something else.

That sounds like a good plan. :) And calorie counting is easy to dip into, if at the end of the 2 weeks you feel like SW is still not working for you.

Something that might help: have you tried having things like oats and/or protein for breakfast? Since you said you always seem to go downhill at lunch, I was thinking that it might be a good idea for you to try eating things for breakfast that will keep you fuller longer. Low GI stuff, and things with plenty of protein. If you like cottage cheese at all, that has lots of protein, and I think the lowfat stuff is syn free.

I like the idea of having a large breakfast to try and keep myself fuller for longer. Maybe eggs, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes and that way I could easily save my hexb for a sandwich at lunchtime, rather than having to cook at mum's and be tempted to pick while I'm waiting.

I also want to try and cut down on the amount of white rice and pasta that I'm eating, so I'll probably switch to wholewheat versions when we do the shop tomorrow. And cut down on the amount of aspartame that I'm taking in, which means changing what yoghurts I eat and the squash that I drink

I love cottage cheese (though barely eat it) so I might start buying that to take in a pot with me down to mum's house too :)

I like the idea of having a large breakfast to try and keep myself fuller for longer. Maybe eggs, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes and that way I could easily save my hexb for a sandwich at lunchtime, rather than having to cook at mum's and be tempted to pick while I'm waiting.

I also want to try and cut down on the amount of white rice and pasta that I'm eating, so I'll probably switch to wholewheat versions when we do the shop tomorrow. And cut down on the amount of aspartame that I'm taking in, which means changing what yoghurts I eat and the squash that I drink

I love cottage cheese (though barely eat it) so I might start buying that to take in a pot with me down to mum's house too :)
Cooking when you're really hungry makes it so hard to resist picking at the ingredients and eating more than you plan! The food is right there. Much easier to make yourself stop when you at least have to open a cupboard or the fridge to get what you're craving. A filling breakfast + sandwich for lunch sounds like a good plan for avoiding unwanted snacking. :)

Switching from white rice/pasta to brown was pretty hard for me, but you do get used to the different taste/texture after a while. :)

I've had wholewheat pasta and rice before and don't mind it too much :)

I've just sat down and made a food plan for the next two weeks. Just the evening meals for now, but none of them use my hexb which leaves that free for lunch/breakfast. For next week though I've got planned

Monday - kfc style chicken, chips and salad with coleslaw
Tuesday - sweet and sour chicken with rice
Wednesday - lasagne and salad
Thursday - steak pie and chips
Friday - chicken chow mein
Saturday - doner kebab and salad
Sunday - cod steak in butter sauce with veg

The sweet and sour, steak pie and chicken chow mein all come from the fakeaways book :D

Like I said, I'm going to give it my all this next week and next week and take it from there. If this form of forward planning works for me then I'll do it every two weeks and keep on top of it like that. Hopefully a week tomorrow and I'll be able to say that I've had a good week and stuck to plan properly ;)

358 this morning :eek: so that's 2lb down, which I most definitely wasn't expecting to see, but possibly what I needed to see to help me over the last of my upset from yesterday. I "think" I'm over my wobble and feeling better in myself. And the decision to give it my all for a couple of weeks is exactly what I needed to do as it has given me a massive boost. We're off food shopping this morning, so I'm going to go and make some breakfast shortly to fill myself up on as I'm a nightmare if I'm hungry when I shop.

I'm going to try a rough/slightly tweaked (because of the mango) idea of the sp plan today I think

Breakfast - cheese omlette (hexa) and beans, followed by strawberries and mango (I know mango isn't speed, but it needs to be used up)
Lunch - salmon and cucumber sandwich (1st hexb)
Snack - melon snack pot from morrisons
Dinner - kfc style chicken, salad and coleslaw (3 syns)
Supper - nutella baked oats and ice cream (2nd hexb and 9 syns)

Menu looks really fab. I'm awful if I go shopping on an empty stomach as well. It's really bad that they pump that 'fresh baked goods' smell everywhere too. Excellent news that the scales are behaving too, always nice to see a loss and 2lbs is a good one! Have a great day x

Nutella baked oats sound amazing. I do find the key to slimming world is planning (at least for me) and your meals all sound yum. I sometimes have a speed snack when I'm cooking to keep me on track - normally sugar snap peas or carrots as they are speed but also because lots of my other snacks/speed are fruit so trying to up veg.

Nutella baked oats sound amazing. I do find the key to slimming world is planning (at least for me) and your meals all sound yum. I sometimes have a speed snack when I'm cooking to keep me on track - normally sugar snap peas or carrots as they are speed but also because lots of my other snacks/speed are fruit so trying to up veg.

I don't know how well they'll work, but I'm going to try and beat a tablespoon of nutella in with the egg before mixing with the oats etc and see how that works :)

I honestly think the reason I've been slipping up is my lack of planning, hopefully this fortnight will show me that I can make this work as long as I plan ahead. I've also tried to include meals that Chris likes for the nights that he's home (we're having chicken tikka next week which he's looking forward to) and ones that I can freeze any excess and get a good stock of meals in the freezer again :D

I love sugar snap peas but our local morrisons never seems to stock them, I'll have a nosey on tesco for next week and see if they have them available :D

Aww Emmy I feel you sweetie I feel at the moment i'm just playing at it and not really giving it my all!!

You definitely sound like you have the determination at the moment to make the next two week as successful as possible. Loving the menu plan.

Planning is the key to every success with SW I have had in the past. I am a picker too and try to keep as much in the house that is either free or low in syns that I can pick at quickly when I am feeling peckish. Maybe write a list of all the go to things you could get and go and stock up. I have things like cooked meats, boiled eggs, new pots, yogurts, alpen light etc. that I can grab quickly if I want something.

Maybe try changing it up a little and not plan in your syns for the day and instead see where the day takes you. Rather than thinking i'll have this, this and this for my syns which can sometimes cause them to just become part of the routine, try not planning in your syns then seeing where the day takes you, then if you do grab something you want rather than something you have planned in, you aren't going over your syns. If you get to the end of the day with syns to spare then, jobs a good en.

Good luck hun I know you can do it xx

well done emmy on your loss love x x x

My problem at the moment Lisa is that if I have stuff in syns wise then I'll pick at them until I'm way over syns, so for the moment I think the best thing is to just plan them into the day while I get back into the swing of things :D

So, yesterday was a big success. The first day in a while where I haven't gone over my syns or binged on rubbish and it's really made me feel a lot better about myself. I stuck to my planned food and after supper I went upstairs, brushed my teeth for the night and carried on with painting so that I wasn't tempted to pick. Wondering if I can get another 100% day under my belt as today will be a challenge as I'm down at mum's this afternoon for a while. Fingers crossed ;)

Food for today -
Breakfast - bacon, mushroom and cheese (hexa) omlette with beans
Snack - pack of sliced chicken (while waiting for lunch to cook)
Lunch - baked oats (hexb), yoghurt, strawberries and grapes
Snack - pack of skips (4 syns)
Dinner - sweet and sour chicken and rice infusions packet (4.5 syns in total)
Supper - smoothie ice lolly (4 syns)

Back