Back from holiday :-(

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Melissablowes, 7 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Melissablowes

Melissablowes Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    IM back from my 3 week holiday from Canada and I have put on 7lbs. I expected it and let myself indulge. But the problem is I can't get back into the swing of ww. I have started tracking but still reach for the biscuits and crisps. Also again I'm have huge portions :-(
    I just can't seem to stop myself, my 2 boys start school/playgroup next week but in the mean time how do I resist any tips anyone???
    Thankyou in advance
    Melissa blowes x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. L.M.O.

L.M.O. Full Member

I'm in the same sort of boat.
    Keep trying - you only fail if you give up trying.
    Each day is a fresh start. Don't let what happened yesterday (and the day before, and before that) stop you from trying today.
    I'm just about getting my head back into it. I've got a mini target of two pounds off by next weigh in on Monday. Keep thinking how chuffed I'll be to hit it!!
    It's helping. It was a big change getting back to tracking and smaller portions and it took a while. So long as I was trying I didn't beat myself up when it didn't work out. I kept thinking of the cakes/choices etc I wanted but didn't eat.
    Also I'm finding minimins really helpful and inspiring.
    You'll do it!
  4. Kaz80

Kaz80 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    weight watchers
    i posted a very similar thread to this yesterday as i was having trouble starting again after my hols so i know how you feel, today i have decided to just go for it and last night i've planned my meals and snacks so there is no way i can fail (hopefully), so far so good anyway. So why not try doing that for tomorrow or next week because once you get back on it for a few days you should be ok, thats what i find anyway. good luck and i hope you can start losing again
  5. Dubchick81

Dubchick81 Finally Pregnant!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Unsure as yet... Healthy eating/cal counting maybe for now
    I was exactly the same when I got back from hols.. Took me a few weeks to get back into the swing of things.. As said above just don't give up.. You will get there..
    Allow yerself go over yer allowance by a couple of points for a few days if ya need to.. Just not by huge amounts obviously.. Ease yerself back in so you dont have a blow out in a week..
    Well done on it only being a 7LB gain.. I was only away for a week and gained 5LB.. Would be delighted with only 7 after 3 weeks
    Good luck :D
  6. nicnocks

nicnocks Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    i agree with what everyone else says, keep trying, when you feel as though you need to eat , head for the fruit bowl or as frances says, go over for a couple of days, but stay in control just to get you back into the swing of things. I think a 7lb gain for a 3 week holiday in canada is great, my friend went away for 4 days and gained 1 stone :eek:. Keep at it xx
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.