Back from hols etc

Elle-Emm

Gold Member
Been away for most of the last week, spending time with my mum and then a long weekend at Leeds Festival.

I regret to report that YES I CHEATED!

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and pretend I didn't; or get all holier than thou because I *am* annoyed with myself but - and I'll be totally honest - I'm really not overly bothered!!

It was 1.30am Monday morning, I was preparing to drive back to Manchester from Leeds and had *sharp intake of breath* a milky coffee... nothing more, nothing less. There. I said it.

It was a moment of extreme tiredness, weakness and after 4 days of really wishing I was eating I reasoned my way into having just one smidgen of milk.

Anyhoo, needless to say I am fully back on track and will remain so for the rest of my time on LT.

I'm not beating myself up about it, but I do recognise that I still have those food urges and am annoyed that i gave into that need for a milky, comforting hug in the cold, rain and tiredness.

I wanted to share this with you all as I think it's important to show that even someone who's spent this long on LT can fall at a hurdle - but picking yourself up afterwards is the most important thing in order to achieve those goals we all have :)

(Leeds was fab by the way :D even with all the longing looks at the giant yorkshire puddings filled with sausage, mash and gravy - so y'see, i've successfully convinced myself that i could have fallen off the wagon a LOT harder, lol)

Ramble over - hope everyone had fab weigh-ins over the last week and a lovely bank holiday weekend (for those of us who had a bank holiday, that is!:p)

Well done, it could have been worse. Scary though that the length of time we have been on this diet, temptation can still rear it's ugly head. You did well carrying on, and not giving up totally, you should be proud.

Glad you had a nice hol, and welcome back.

:patback: Aww..elle, never mind! As you said- it could have been a LOT worse! Glad you had a great time though- even in the wet cra**y weather!
Now, bend over- :whoopass: That's all the whoop-ass I'm going to give as it'd be hypocritical of me to chastise you too much! LOL! :innocent0002:

Elle, one of the first things you can have when you refeed is coffee with milk, so it wont have harmed your weight loss, I can virtually promise you.

thanks guys! i had been tempted to get a sausage or a burger so i'm aware it *could* have been worse.

plus, i do still expect to lose weight - if i don't then i know why it is. i'm just so close i thought one little coffee wouldn';t hurt. we shall see!

in a way it';s a good kick up the backside to think again about the cravings i had pre-LT and how to manage them etc etc, which i know will be a lot harder than doing LT in the first place :)

My blip certainly doesn't negate the fact that i can now wear some size 14 clothes and have lost 7.5 stone *does little dance* since i started at size 24 and 19.5 stone :) those are the great things i need to have in mind rather than one splash (okay, a big splash) of milk. doesn't make it right, or anything i would advocate doing, or will do again until i am on refeed.

the friends i was with were a tad bemused about my agonising for hours over whether or not to have milk in my coffee ;) lol

I hope you had a great time (& saw Radiohead! My friends went to Reading & didn't & this makes me so sad...)!!

Glad that you're back on track & you're right, you could have done something a lot worse than put some milk in your tea :)

Hannah

hi elle - glad you had a great time. those yorkshires must have been tough to resist so amazing - well done to you!! i was thinking about you this weekend, wondering how you were going to manage all the water and having to visit the portaloos so often!

like nixx said, i dont think that the milk will have spoiled anything so i'm sure you'll be fine. lol how was the coffee?! i can barely remember what it tastes like with milk in it!

you could have done sooo much more damage so fair play for fessing up but no harm done i reckon! xxx

Welcome back Elle

Good to hear you had a fab break in Leeds :) Needless to say I doubt a bit of milk will do you much harm, yes you shouldnt have caved but it could have been alot lot worse. Well done for sticking to LT through your break though - thats great determination on your part :)

Youve done ever so well considering the time you have been on LT and never once cheated - I think we can let the drop of milk slide lol!

Good luck for your forthcoming weigh in x

Welcome back Elle-Emm. I missed reading your posts. Glad you had a great time and ignore that splash of milk. It was freezing cold and wet afterall. At least you came in here and posted your hiccup and didn't try to deny it to yourself.

You survived a festival on LT! That's something to shout about, not many could do that!

Your losses are absolutely amazing. They inspire me so much. You must feel like a totally different person on the outside.

I've survived 2 festivals Betsy ;) looking forward to being able to eat at them next year though, it's very hard work otherwise!

Han - I did see Radiohead :) and more importantly Kings of Leon :D:D

thanks guys, it's nice to have the support and i will NOT be slipping, blipping or cheating over my final few (!) weeks on Lipotrim.

2 festivals! You deserve a medal! You'll really go to town next year and you'll be stunning while doing it!

*jealous* of festival going. I want to go to a festival mumble mumble mumble not fair!

Wow your bmi is only 27.1! What an achievement, to think that 25 weeks ago it was 44.1, classed medically as a ticking time bomb and now you're the epitome of healthiness! Amazing.

Hi Elle,
welcome back, glad you had a great time, you deserved it.
I may be slapped for this but all I want to say is 25 weeks, 105.5lb weight loss and you are giving out about a splash of milk in a cup of coffee on a wet night on a trip back at the dead of night. I applaud you for stopping at the coffee, maybe I would have stopped at Mac Donalds who knows!!
I know you are worried it may have signalled the start of a slippery slope but there is no way. You have been the most consistent, motivated person I have met on here. Next week marks your half a year on LT, I could only give you a medal for your commitment to yourself.
Wishing you all the best for this week.
Doirin
P.S. That doesn't mean you are allowed any more milky coffees though!!!

Wellcome back glad you had a fab time

milky coffee is not so bad you deserved it leeds must have been a nightmare with all the food about
well done for resisting everything else

debz x

It's great that you've recognised you still have lurking comfort eating dermons -but even better that you can nip it in the bud! If you'd stopped at a milky coffee in your previous life you'd never have needed lipotrim. So well well done!

wow thats amazing! well done you on surviving 2 festivals!!

i admire ur determination and focus, you are great!

I am really excited to hear how you progress to your goal, I really think the difference of moving under BMI 25 is massive in how you feel and look.

You have had a very amazing journey so far, and I think you will soon realise that the best is saved for last!

enjoy and keep posting! :)

THanks again - i think it's important when you do slip that you think about why you did it and recognise the habits you are getting out of as well as into.

Good luck to all of us as we continue our LT journeys :)

Hi Elle,
go on admit it, were you the girl who got stuck up to her shoulders in the Leeds festival porta loo?? She dropped her bag in, tried to retrieve it and then put her other arm in and got stuck. Took 7 fireman to dismantle the loo to get her out. Would need more than a milky coffee to get over that ordeal I'd say!!!!
Doirin

hey, welcome back! Glad you enjoyed the leeds fest and congratualtions on sticking to LT!! You've done amazingly and I dont think you should worry too much about a drop of milk! Well done x

Back