Back on the wagon again!

ophelialeanne

Hi All.
I started slim and save today (literally just scoffed down my mushroom pasta yum!). I've found with other diets I've done (too many to name), that keeping a diary makes all the difference, as does having the support of like minded people, so please feel free to say hi!

My parcel arrived when I was at work. I had a cereal bar for breakfast, so I came home, ripped open the box and picked out the mushroom pasta. Pretty yummy actually although it looked quite sloppy. I think I'll try the chilli con carne for dinner and maybe a shake tonight when I get peckish.

I have felt hungry all day having stuffed my face stupid for the last week, so I think it will take a few days for that to pass.

I am aiming to get to about 9 stone, so 2.5 stone to lose. I lost weight last year with the Dukan for my wedding. I have since not had any tiny dresses to squeeze into, so I've put on a stone over the last 6 months. I can't face eating any more meat, I've tried WW and SW with no success, nor could I cope with just having shakes. So I'm hoping that the fact that there are lots of different flavoured packs with S+S will help.

Off to read some of your diaries now and unpack my food box. xxx:cool:

Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great.

Day 2. Starving. Head is killing me, I'm dizzy, cold and I have no energy. It's half two and I've only got one pack left to eat. As you can tell I'm feeling a bit rubbish. I should be writing an essay but I just can't face it, so I'm going to grab a cup of tea and go to bed and do some reading! Anyone read the Agatha Raisin books? I'm addicted. Thank god I have a day off tomorrow so I can just slob if I feel the same as today. Husband was very unsupportive last night when he discovered I was doing this plan. Now have to prove to him that it isn't a waste of money and that I will do it this time :p

Day 2. Starving. Head is killing me, I'm dizzy, cold and I have no energy. It's half two and I've only got one pack left to eat. As you can tell I'm feeling a bit rubbish. I should be writing an essay but I just can't face it, so I'm going to grab a cup of tea and go to bed and do some reading! Anyone read the Agatha Raisin books? I'm addicted. Thank god I have a day off tomorrow so I can just slob if I feel the same as today. Husband was very unsupportive last night when he discovered I was doing this plan. Now have to prove to him that it isn't a waste of money and that I will do it this time :p

Hello im here to follow! im on day 3 and want to eat a potato badly i feel tired weak hungry and sniffly i have a 13.5 hr shift tomo so im hoping i am ok for that as thats when i will cave as i need to focus at work!

Everyone seems unsupportive of this diet so I'm not telling many people!

hehe why a potato? I have an insane craving for rice atm as there is a bowl in the fridge for the husband...it smells amazing!
I hate 13.5 hr shifts, I think they are insane, I always cave then as well mostly from all the stress. They always say it gets better after day 3 though doesn't it, so I hope you feel better tomorrow, and I hope you have a good day.

I've eaten all my packs for the day so now I'm just trying to stay out of the kitchen

I agree long shifts suck. My shifts are meant to be 12 hours but often end up longer. It's one if the reasons I'm not starting till tomorrow when I have a break from shifts till the end of April.

Wow that's great I considered that I'm a critical care nurse so I understand long hours/stress ect

Ah cool. I don't think I could never do nursing. Only place I've ever enjoyed being in hospital was theatres (though I'm looking forward to maternity). A week of placements on a ward and I'm usually tearing my hair out from boredom of seeing the same four walls.

Ah cool. I don't think I could never do nursing. Only place I've ever enjoyed being in hospital was theatres (though I'm looking forward to maternity). A week of placements on a ward and I'm usually tearing my hair out from boredom of seeing the same four walls.

See I work in intensive care I never know what's going to happen and there's a lot going on all the time I've never been bored (although wards are very busy to) were busy in a different way I've been there give months and I'm still scared and feel stupid all the time as the others are so knowledgeable

I'm a student nurse. I qualify in July. I'm meant to be finding a job and have my last placement coming up, but in my heart I'm not sure I want to be a nurse any more. I find it all beyond stressful and upsetting. Tough times!

I had a placement in intensive care. They work you guys do is amazing. I bet you are learning tons! I couldn't be a paramedic either, I couldn't deal with the RTA's.

Woke up with the most horrible headache, which seems to be dying down now that I've had a shake and a big glass of water. I'm not feeling hungry which is fab, and I seem to have more energy today (might have been the massive amount of sleep I've had). Off to go browse the world of jobs and see if anything catches my eye. xxx

I'm a student nurse. I qualify in July. I'm meant to be finding a job and have my last placement coming up, but in my heart I'm not sure I want to be a nurse any more. I find it all beyond stressful and upsetting. Tough times!

I had a placement in intensive care. They work you guys do is amazing. I bet you are learning tons! I couldn't be a paramedic either, I couldn't deal with the RTA's.

Woke up with the most horrible headache, which seems to be dying down now that I've had a shake and a big glass of water. I'm not feeling hungry which is fab, and I seem to have more energy today (might have been the massive amount of sleep I've had). Off to go browse the world of jobs and see if anything catches my eye. xxx
I qualify in August and hopefully will get my registration in September. I went through a period where I wasn't sure I wanted to be a paramedic anymore even though I've spent years and a lot of hard work to get here. However, my last placement I had a fab mentor and really really enjoyed it and it brought my enthusiasm right back. It's never easy though when you're not sure anymore. DO you have any idea what you'd do if you didn't do nursing?

Well done on the lots of water and sleep. I was on nights last night and just wasn't tired when I got home after a late job and it being light when I got home. Took all the tiredness right out of me but I'll probably sleep loads tonight.

Good luck with the job hunt.

I just find the whole job stressful and upsetting. I've had some good mentors and some bad, but I just can't get over the stress, the not knowing what is going to happen today (i like routine), who is going to bollock me for doing something that someone else has taught me wrong/is in the evidence but they don't follow that, watching people suffer/be ill. I've wanted to quit since the end of the first year, but my pride and the fact that the bursary paid my bills and I didn't want to go back to full time care work (because I hate that too for the same reasons), has kept me going. I have been so miserable though which is part of the reason I've had trouble with my weight. I've had really bad depression through all of this and I just feel like such a big fat failure to be at this stage, having no idea what job I want to do when all my friends are off buying houses, climbing their career ladder, having kids etc...I still feel like a 16 year old looking at her A level options lol.

Sorry for the rant, must be the food making me emotional today, feel like a train wreck. I'm looking at some hair and beauty therapy courses I can do in the evening and weekends and then I could set up my own little travelling salon or have people come to the house...make my own rules and my own hours. I don't know what to do, all I know is that I'm really unhappy and I need a massive hug! xxx

Sorry just had to have a good cry then. What a silly twirp. I'll finish the course, 16 weeks...hopefully my last placement will turn things around and I'll find a nursing job. If not then I'm on the bank at my nursing home until I can find something full time to pay the bills.
Had the cottage pie for lunch. It was pretty yummy, I like the fact that the foods are made out of soya...I mistakenly thought and was creeped out by the thought of dried meat lol.

Massive hugs coming your way. You know there's loads of areas of nursing that are far more regulated than hospital work. Have you thought about community nursing, school nurse, GP nurse, public health nurse. If you find going into work and not having a clue what's going to happen next really stressful then they might be better options as you tend to have more of a routine than in hospital. Even if you decide that ultimately it's not for you it's still a great qualification to have and at the end of the day it's not for everyone. So you might take a little longer to get to the houses / kids etc. place but you'll get there.

Hello guys,

Thought I would join the conversation, I'm on day one of this diet and also a mental health nurse! *waves*

Busy busy jobs we all have and I find this diet quite helpful as I don't have much time to prep other foods/ healthy meals and this is nice a simple for me. And I can hopefully lose weight too in time for my wedding. :)

I just find the whole job stressful and upsetting. I've had some good mentors and some bad, but I just can't get over the stress, the not knowing what is going to happen today (i like routine), who is going to bollock me for doing something that someone else has taught me wrong/is in the evidence but they don't follow that, watching people suffer/be ill. I've wanted to quit since the end of the first year, but my pride and the fact that the bursary paid my bills and I didn't want to go back to full time care work (because I hate that too for the same reasons), has kept me going. I have been so miserable though which is part of the reason I've had trouble with my weight. I've had really bad depression through all of this and I just feel like such a big fat failure to be at this stage, having no idea what job I want to do when all my friends are off buying houses, climbing their career ladder, having kids etc...I still feel like a 16 year old looking at her A level options lol.

Sorry for the rant, must be the food making me emotional today, feel like a train wreck. I'm looking at some hair and beauty therapy courses I can do in the evening and weekends and then I could set up my own little travelling salon or have people come to the house...make my own rules and my own hours. I don't know what to do, all I know is that I'm really unhappy and I need a massive hug! xxx

Huge hugs to you. Some advise from me ( who qualified as a MH Nurse last September). Don't be hasty in quitting the course, it's so so hard as a student. You are always scared and watching your back. That does change when you qualify. Also, I cannot tell you how many times I almost quit. I also know lots of my friends on the course also felt the same and wanted to quit. I had some brilliant placements and mentors, and some not so great. But it will all be worth it. And even if you decide to do something else when you have finished, you have worked so hard so far and got to where you are, you might ad well finish now and have that qualification on your belt.

Honestly, massive hugs. I know the feeling well of wanting to quit. Push on through, it is worth it in the end. Or at least it has been for me :)

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your comments. I've just got to ride out the next few months and see what happens. I had a nap and feel a bit better now. Sorry for being a wet blanket xxx

Don't worry we all have our wet blanket moments and we're all here for you.

Back