ProPoints ... Back on track for the LAST TIME... x

Right, that's the end of my week. Had a treat, starting fresh tomorrow as though I've never done WW.. EVER. My leader congratulated me for my STS, and she now knows my medical condition she actually praised me, which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :p I think it's because we were talking about activity, and obviously I've been told not to, and I'm off work too - so she said it's fantastic that I am able to control my weight. LOL bless her.

Anyway... My plan of action for the following week will be to have a maximum of 7 weeklies per day, which I will probably use in upping my portion size. If I don't eat them I won't binge the next day :)

It may work, it may not! I just think my body needs less of the blowout/pull back days (which worked on discover, but not now!)

WEEK 11: Saturday 14th May

Breakfast
Asda Sushi 9

Lunch
Scampi & Chips from Light Bites Menu 13

Dinner

Potato, chipped 5
Quorn Meatballs 3
Homemade Tomato Sauce 0

Snacks

Pineapple 0
Mini Twister Lolly 1
WW Vanilla Yoghurt 1

32/29

2/49 weeklies used.

Eurgh. Last night the hip pain came back with a vengence - ouch. Had to be so careful as it was really twinging. I was woken at 3:45am by immense stomach whining noises (had these the last 2 nights, so weird!) and when I tried to get out of bed, the pain in my left leg was unbearable! Sciatica hitting me pretty badly at the minute.. it's hurt all day, spreads down my leg, across my hip, into my groin and my left leg has gone from mildly numb (which it is most the time) to pretty damn numb!

On a lighter note though, I got a letter from the solicitors dealing with my accident claim, they're giving me an interim payout whilst my case is settled - medical record was very insightful, and in light of that I'm praying that the settlement is going to be substantial to compensate for this extra pain!

Sunday 15th May

Breakfast
Apple 0
Mullerlight 2

Lunch
8 pieces of homemade sushi 8
Monkey Bar 2

Dinner

Square Wrap with ham, pepper, onion and salad 5
WW Toffee yoghurt 1
Apple 0

Supper
Square wrap pizza with tomato purée, cheese, peppers, parma ham & onion 11
2x mini moments 2

Snacks

Crispie Chocolate square 3
Freddo 3

37/29

10/49 weeklies used.

Last edited:
Oh Charlotte-eve. I feel so sorry for you with that awful sciatica. I remember what it was like. I really hope the injection does some good for you.. Are you taking an anti-inflammatory .they are notorious for causing stomach problems so maybe your Doc could prescribe you a different one or give you something to protect your stomach.

I was on co-codamol/ibruprofen, came off it about 10 days ago and ever since my stomach's gone crazy! Oh well. Doctor has given me some Amitriptyline, which apparently if taken in larger doses are an anitdepressant, but taken at the low dose I will be, are useful for nerve-based pain. We shall see, apparently has the same side effects of constipation and dry mouth.. :( and also drowsiness.

Signed off for another month, which will tide me over the injection/op, recovery week and an extra week to ensure I'm all ok. Then back to work! Spoke to my manager today who is fully supportive, was great to speak to her and she's all in favour of assisting my move to the new photo department once our store expands.

Anyway enough of my dull ramblings.

Finding PP quite easy still, eating within my points, eating regularly and making some OK choices, most the time!

Monday 16th May

Breakfast
Pineapple 0
Mullerlight 3

Lunch
150g prawns with chilli 3
Salad 0
GU Mango Passionfruit Cheesecake 4

Dinner

Chicken burgers x2 8
Bread Roll 6 :eek::eek::eek:
Waffles x2 6

Snacks

Costa Coffee Iced Tea 4
Curly Wurly 3
Mini Moments 1
Pineapple 0

38/29

19/49 weeklies used.

Last edited:
Argh! apparently the meds can cause weight gain/increased appetite. Uh oh! Although I'm on a low dose it really shouldn't affect anything, just means I've got to be more careful.

I'm hoping the sleepy side effects are true, and I can get a full nights rest...

Was all ready to have a nice healthy dinner, but had a chicken burger craving all of a sudden! Had a weird day, after rushing round in the AM going to the drs/pharmacy/work to hand in my sick note.. I actually ended up having a 2hr nap, woke up, then an hour later had another half hour! I've not napped since I've been off work, even though I try (as I barely get any sleep) so it was weird. I felt sleepy the rest of the evening too. I think it was too quick to blame the new meds, but who knows?

Felt full yesterday which was a first, my snacks were all consumed before 5pm and my dinner was at 9pm so don't think I struggled yesterday.

Today I'm relaxing a bit more, and enjoying this bout of sunshine x

Tuesday 17th May

Breakfast
Apple 0
Mullerlight 2

Lunch
Bacon, mushroom & onion roll 9

Dinner

Tortilla pizza (square wrap & 45g low fat cheese) 7
Half pack waitrose chilli prawns 8
GU Cheesecake 4
Creme egg 5

Snacks

Mini moments 1
Light Choices pretzels 3
Curly wurly 3
Meringue nest 1

43/29

33/49 weeklies used.

Last edited:
Been going "over my over" the last couple of days, which I will now stop doing - it's only a couple of points, but I set myself a task and I'm failing it! Going to try stick to 29 today and tomorrow, and then Thursday I'll use the rest of post-WW-WI.

Although TOTM due so I'm blaming this for the sweet treat cravings!

Wednesday 18th May

Breakfast
Grapes 0
Mullerlight 2

Lunch
Wafer thin ham, lettuce, onion, light Philly square wrap 6
Mini twister lolly 1

Dinner
Home made chips 5
3 Quorn sausages 5
Salad 0

Snacks

Curly Wurly 3
2x mini moments 2
Meringue nest 1
Satsuma 0

WW chocolate biscuit 2
WW mini moment 1
WW Vanilla yoghurt 1

29/29

33/49 weeklies used.

Last edited:
Was pretty damn balanced yesterday, proud of myself, until it got to post-dinner watching of the apprentice when I realised I hadn't eaten 5 of my points!

I was a little bored/peckish so had a nice lot of treats. I have two M&S chocolate bars sitting in my treat drawer at 6 points each, but I decided to stretch my points and had lots of little things :) NOM.

Thursday 19th May

Breakfast
Apple 0
Mullerlight 2
Satsuma 0

Lunch
Wafer thin ham 1
Lettuce 0
Philadelphia light 1
Square wrap 4
Salad 0
Pineapple 0
Curly Wurly 3

Dinner
Small tin beans 4
2x sausages (cheese & tomato, meat free) 5
Butternut squash chips 0

Snacks

2x WW mini moments 2
Mullerlight 2
Meringue nest 1
Satsuma 0
Mini twister lolly 1
Millionaire crispie 3

29/29

33/49 weeklies used.

Last edited:
So.. I STS again this week and I am disappointed to say the least - 3 weeks in a row, I'm really not happy. So I finally made the choice to go back to Discover. I lost 45lbs (or thereabouts) on it, with pretty consistent weight losses. I know it's not as advanced as propoints, but I know it works - and I don't want to end up struggling along like this for the next 6 months losing hardly any weight. It's bringing me down!

So as of today, I'm pointing the old-school way!

WEEK 1 on Discover: Friday 20th May

Breakfast
WW Vanilla yoghurt 0.5
Apple 0.5

Snacks
-

Lunch
-

Snacks
-

Dinner
McDonalds regular fries 5.5
McDonalds 9x chicken nuggets 6.5

Snacks

Freddo 2
WW choc-chip cookies 1.5
160g pineapple 1
2x satsumas 0.5

18/21

Last edited:
Well done on your fab weight loss so far :) amazing!! And well done for keeping your chin up. I have also just gone back to discover as it worked so well for me in the past I thought I would stick with it! Keep up the great work xx

Thanks Angel! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like that about Discover... Good luck to you with it :)

Had my official WI, and my leader (who's only temporary - my leader from when I first did WW is coming back next week after a few months off, haven't seen her since I got to goal) basically said keep at it, keep eating all your points AND the 49... I told her I'm sticking to the plan 100% and STS for 3 weeks. She basically implied it's because I don't do a lot of exercise, and once my back is feeling better and I can exercise the weight will come off. I'm by no means sedentary, but I can't do a lot of strenuous exercise! I didn't think that PP relied on exercise, but it's starting to feel that way. I think that's why discover is more suited to my condition at the minute, because it accounts for my lack of movement!

Today I'm tracking Discover Points on my phone, and pro-points in my track booklet - it's working out as my 29pp equals approx my 21 discover points - so it goes to show that the 49 extra points would count towards maintaining my weight (If you include fruit, which I haven't raelly had today.) It's insightful!

That rambling doesn't really make much sense, I apologise!

Will be saving 3 points today, as the OH is taking me to Hastings tomorrow to go to the aquarium, then we're meeting up with one of his good friends and I think they want to go out for dinner...

hi

hi Charlotte, I want to say very well done on your weight loss so far and dont be discouraged about staying the same for a few weeks. you have done soo well.I am a gold member also and I remember it took me months to lose my last 1/2 stone I think the less you have to lose the harder it is.I'm sorry to read that you are in so much pain and wish you luck for the 4th June and really hope that your treatment has a major influence on your pain relief. I just want to say 1 thing and it's only from experience that I do, you mention quite a bit about a dodgy stomach but it seems to be when you have eaten pineapple, this happens to me either with fresh or tinned so I have to only eat it on rare occasions or eat it cooked as in a sauce or grilled. this may not be the case for you but i just wanted to share my experience with you. I have enjoyed reading your diary very much and look forward to more your honesty is amazing and the fact that you plod on regredless is brilliant. good luck in getting your new job and keep up the good work. xx

Back