Back to Basics to Loose the Last Few Pounds!

Thursday 1st March - GREEN

Lovely sunny day to start Spring!

A: 250ml s/s milk (use during the day for coffee)
A: 30g cheese
B: 35g Porridge
B: 115g tuna

Breakfast:- Porridge, ff natural yog and strawberries
Snack:- Shape yog and satsuma
Lunch:- Baked potato, salad, cheese and beans.
Snack Spicy Mugshot, apple and satsuma
Dinner:- pasta, tuna, sweetcorn and green beans
Hot choc - 2syns and low fat mousse 3.5 syns

Fruit tea and orange squash during day

Total Syns 5.5

Davina buff core and legs

Friday 2nd March - RED

B: 35g porridge
B: 230g baked potato

Breakfast:- porridge and ff natural yog
Lunch:- Turkey soup. low fat mousse (3.5)
Snack (throughout afternoon):- murray mint (1 syn), apple x 2, 4 celebrations (10 syns) and turkey soup
Dinner:- ham and cheese omlette, s/w chips and salad.
F/f natural yog, grapes and apple

Total syns 14.5

A jam doughnut - 12.5 syns approx :cry:Total syns 27!

Last edited:
Saturday 3rd March - GREEN

B: 35g Porridge
B: 30 shreddies

Breakfast:- Porridge, ff natural yog, apple and grapes
Lunch:- mild cheese and brocolli batchelors pasta (0.5syns) made into quiche with cottage cheese and eggs (actually really nice) Low fat choc mousse 3.5
Snack:- Spicy Mugshot, grapes and strawberries
Dinner:- spaghetti, homemade ragu and green beans. 30g cheese on top
Supper:- Shreddies, ff nat yog and strawberries

Total Syns 4

I should do a section of my DVD, but I had a lot of spaghetti for my dinner, and I'm feeling too full to attempt anything too jumpy!

Sunday 4th March - RED

B: wholemeal roll
B: 150g baked beans

Breakfast:- roll with boiled eggs and beans
Lunch:- homemade chicken and veg soup (tastes a bit nasty, but i've made loads so i have to eat it now)
Snack:- apple, slice of ham, 4 marshmellows and 4 mini eggs (7 syns). Then a bit more grose soup!
Dinner:- cheese and green bean omlette and salad

Total Syns 7

Exercise: Davina buff arms and legs and core

I weighed myself this morning and was still the same, not sure if this has anything to do with my green day yesterday, i had alot of spaghetti last night, and i added salt, which is unusal for me.

On the plus side, I was close to scoffing a load of mini eggs and marshmellows today...but stopped myself early........and got some holiday clothes today...all in size 8! eeek

Monday 5th March - RED

B: 35 g porridge

Breakfast:- porridge, apple, strawberries and ff natural yog.
Snack:- ham and salad roll
Lunch:- homemade turkey and veg soup
Snack:- apple, some more soup, 4 celebrations (10 syns) hot choc (2)
Dinner:- cheese, ham and cottage cheese salad

Total Syns 12

Got my weigh in tomorrow. Not feeling confident!

Good luck for wi! :)

Thanks! Only lost half a pound. I know why, I'd been using a lot of syns. I probably should have minimum syns to get bigger losses.

Its my birthday tomorrow, so I'll be eating all things naughty, so probably won't loose to much next tuesday either. Never mind, my next target is 8 stone 10 for May when we go on holiday.

xx

Tuesday 6th March - RED

B: 35g porridge

Breakfast:- roll with boiled egg
Lunch:- porridge, ff natural yog, 2 satsuma's
Snack:- apple and hot choc (2)
Dinner:- cheese, ham and chicken salad

Total Syns 2

Exercise: Hannah Waterman Cardio section

Not eaten much today, had weigh in between breakfast and lunch, so its always a rush to get lunch before I have to go to work.

Well done - I put half a lb on so I'd rather be in your position!! Need to get my act together and be focused - just had too many social/work distractions but its no excuse really.

Anyway, have a fab day tomorrow and enjoy! xx

I was like that after Christmas. It took me until I started the diary on here to pull myself together.

I put 6 lbs on over Christmas and went up to 9 stone 9. Luckily most of it was just bloat from rich food and drink, but it still took me a while to get back on track. I had good weeks and rubbish weeks.

I just really want to feel confident in a bikini on holiday - hence the exercise. I normally start trying to loose weight 6 months before my holidays, and before i know it, its like 6 weeks to go and I'm still gaining and loosing the same half a stone. So this year I wanted it to be different!

I also wanted to be 9 stone for Christmas, which I didnt achieve, so thats why I wanted to do it for my birthday instead.

MAN, I've pigged out today tho! Seriously, my stomach is aching!

***Actually, I'm really uncomfortable now! Must remember this feeling to put me off binge eating (until the next celebration)***

Last edited:
Yeah, I think 9 stone is a good weight for our height. My plan was to give myself plenty of time before hols to lose it rather than crash dieting so need to pull my finger out. You've done so well since Christmas. I think I might have to start a diary too

I find the exercise part the easy bit but then I am sure it just makes me more hungry!

Ha ha, yeah if only we could remember that stuffed feeling things would be a lot easier! At least it will mean youll be straight back on track. Hope you had a lovely day and were spoilt :) xx

Friday 9th March - RED

OOOOOO I've been a NAUGHTY pig! :break_diet:

So....since my Happy Birthday on Wednesday, I havent posted a diary. Yesterday actually wasnt so bad during the day. When I got home, I had a low fat chocolate mousse, but then I got the taste for chocolate, so had a little bit of left over cake...then I actually made myself a bowl of chocolate butter icing...then I ate a whole easter egg that a friend had bought me for my b'day! OMG! Its been a while since I did anything like that! :mad::mad::mad::mad::wave_cry:

B: wholemeal pitta

Breakfast:- Apple and ff natural yog. Pitta with boiled egg
Lunch:- tuna and salad
Snack:- apple, 2 satsumas, ham sald pitta
Dinner (later than normal):- cheese and ham omlette
Supper:- 2 scan bran and ff nat yog (2syns)

Total Syns 2

I've really struggled today:cry: actually, craving chocolate, but I'm nearly over today, and so nearly over day one 'cold turkey' hahahaha

Will plod on until Tuesdays WI, and then pick the pace back up xxx

Saturday 10th March - GREEN

Went to the shops today, got loads of slimming world friendly food, I know I can't save myself ready for WI on Tuesday, but should be back on track ready for the WI on 27th!

B: 5 scan bran

Breakfast:- Pitta with beans and fry light fried egg. Apple and grapes
Snack:- Homemade lentil and mixed bean soup
Lunch:- baked potato, cottage cheese and salad. 5 orange matchsticks (5 syns)
Dinner:- Wholemeal pasta, homemade ragu, mixed beans and cheese
Supper:- 3 scan bran and ff nat yog

Total Syns 5

Exericse: Davina Buff boxing and buff abs

Last edited:
Hey hey! Hope u had a fab birthday. I've been at the icing too unfortunately - made a cake for my friend and really pigged out? still kicking myself now!

Hope you're back on track now. Food for today and yesterday looks good. I'm hoping I can salvage things before wi on thurs.... Xxx

Am determined to be 100% today! Breakfast is raspberries and blueberries with ff yoghurt. I think lunch will be turkey breast with a homemade ragu and dinner will be speed soup. Not sure about my he's but am definitely keeping it low syn til thurs. will go for a run too this afternoon

I dont know whats wrong with me!

I was good all day yesterday and today! Jeez! Then last night, after I'd put the kids to bed, I bullied my husband into nipping down the shop and getting me a boost and a kitkat chunky! Then today, good all day again, then it was my dad's birthday, and my sister had made him a cake, and I had two thick slices!

I'm really cross with myself! I need some serious help to get back on track! I was doing so flipping well!

How long did it take you to get into running whitey? I'm rubbish at running ha - i do that typical sterotype girl run!

Ahh I know what u mean! That's my downfall - good all day and then ruin it. I'm sure you haven't done too much damage though. I really don't know what to suggest though as I'm really struggling....

I think running is great - just need to build it up slowly. You seem to do quite a lot of cardio too so I bet you won't find it too hard. Have u tried the couch to 5k app? It's meant to be really good.

When's your wi? xxx

It was today, but I didn't go! I know thats naughty, but I need to get myself together. I've been really good today, I'll post my diary in a moment. Hopefully the binge is over and out of my system for now!

I weighed on my scales at home and they said 9 stone 5!!!!! Thats 4.5 lbs in a week (fully deserved)!

Its me all over, loose some, gain some, loose some, blah blah blah!

I did wonder if its down to anything, like theres some sort of trigger? I started this diary after an epic binge, which would have been around this time last month. Or it may just be because it was valentines day this time last month and then my birthday this month...anyway, hopefully I'm back on track!

Tuesday 13th March - GREEN

Trying to do 7 speed food, 7 drinks, 7 syns challenge again

B: 2 slices wholemeal nimble
B: 30g cheese

Breakfast:- Apple and mullerlight. Boiled egg and 2 slices toast
Lunch:- baked potato, quark and salad (lettuce, cabbage, carrot, celery and cucumber)
Snack:- Lentil soup (lentils, carrot and onion)
Dinner:- 100g (dried weight) Wholemeal pasta, homemade ragu (tinned toms, garlic and onion), green beans and cheese

Total Syns 1 (murray mint)

Exercise: Davina Boot Camp and 20 mins Hannah Waterman (50 mins)

Back