2015 - the year to get to target and stay there

42 syns so far this week which again is under 10 a day - does that work for people having them over the week?

Plan for tomorrow is; EE

B: 1 x Wholemeal toast - HXB with poached egg, ham and spinach
Tea and water 1/2 syn for milk

Body pump class (1 hour) with lots of water

Not sure for lunch..EDIT lunch was rice noodles with chicken and stir fry veg
Coffee with milk - 1 syn

D: steak with aubergine bake - aubergine, courgette, tomatoes, onions, pepperdew peppers and topped with Parmesan

HXB: Wholemeal bread
HXA: Parmesan
Syns: 1.5

Last edited:
Weigh in this morning after week 2 and have lost 1 pound...would like to see 2 next week that's the target!

Have done more in the gym this week so will also be taking my measurements.

Today: week 3 day 1 EE

Brunch: SW Spanish frittata with onion, potatoes, eggs, peppers and a little choritzo - 4 syns

Dinner: going out so will have to make healthiest choice and Prob have no syns for a few days to make up for it :)

Did measurements and inch off my waist already so hopefully that means the gym is helping.

Tomorrows plan, Green

B: multi grain porridge - HXB with milk - HXA

L: left over frittata with spinach leaves

D: SW biryani recipe with runner beans

Stuck to this all day with a few coffees and teas with milk and water inbetween but that evening had half of a granola bar with some peanut butter as just needed something sweet, granola is 6 so if I said 10-12 in total for the day?

Last edited:
Day 3: Planned as Green has become extra easy

B: strawberries and 2 Alpen light bars - HXB
Coffee with milk

L: was at a meeting went for chicken salad sandwich on wholegrain bread so guessing only free food was the chicken lettuce and tomato, bread and Mayo syns Prob well over days worth :-(

D: will be jacket potato with kidney beans and salad and 25g cheddar grated - HXA

So;
HXB: Alpen lights
HXA: cheddar cheese
Syns: in the region of 20

Day 4: EE

B: satsuma and two Alpen light bars - HXB
2 coffees with milk - HXA

L: mixed salad and chicken breast

D: tuna steak with chilli, garlic, onion, broccoli, asparagus and brown rice, tbsp of sweet chilli sauce - 3? Syns

Good day today, hopefully made up for the sandwich syns yesterday

Day 5: EE

B: strawberries, satsuma and 1 alpen light bar - HXB
Coffee with skimmed milk - 1 syn

L: jacket pot with beans and cheese - HXA and salad

Gym workout

D: from the gyms healthy cafe, chicken vegetables and noodles

Day 6: EE

B: coffee with skimmed milk - HXA and a satsuma (forgot my alpen lights) so ended up with one ginger biscuit - 2.5 syns?

L: superspeed soup -beans and veg

D: chicken with cherry toms, mangetout, wholemeal pasta with tbsp and 1/2 of pesto - 6 syns and quark was lovely and creamy for 6 syns
With salad leaves and balsamic vinegar

Might have an alpen light later with a cup of tea for my hXB

Syns: 8.5

Had an alpen light and a coffee last night to get my hxb in.

Today, Saturday EE

B: 1 x wholemeal toast, baked beans and scrambled eggs
Tea with skimmed milk

L: chicken, rice noodles, vegetables and chilli

D: making spag Bol but will have courgette "noodles" instead of pasta for extra SS Free putting some red wine in so allowing 6 syns

HXB: wholemeal bread
HXA: Milk
Syns: 6 - red wine

Had Parmesan on my dinner last night so another 6 syns taking yesterday to total of 12. Also did an hour of body pump yesterday at the gym.

Weigh in for week 3...STS which is ok, it's not a gain and I did have a meal out last Sunday (you think that would have gone by now) but have done a lot more exercise in the gym and def feel better so not going to worry about the scales too much. Plan for this week - lots of water, lots of fruit and veg :)

Sunday week 4 day 1 - EE B: oat so simple multi-grain porridge sachet with skimmed milk and water and frozen raspberries HXA and HXB 1 1/2 at the gym - lots of water

L: ate out, shared risotto balls and vegetable pasta - so recon at least 15 for the risotto and 6 for the pasta so upper limit today but going to do syns over the week

D: SW chips, rice with stir fry broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, will also make a little curry sauce Prob about 4 syns worth - I know what's over for the day but don't plan on having any tomorrow

HXB: porridge
HXA: milk
Syns: 25/70

Last edited:
Day 2: EE

B: Aldi harvest morn (70 cal) cereal bar - 4 syns
Coffee x 2 with milk -HXA
Satsuma

L: 2 x wholemeal - HXB, chicken breast, mixed salad, scrape of Mayo - 2 syns

Hour of zumba

D: Jamie Oliver vegetable bean chilli, was sooo good, completely free and had your 5 a day in 1! Had with basmati rice and quark mixed with chives

HXB: bread
Syns: 6 31/70

Day 3: EE

Bit of a crazy day...

B: harvest morn cereal bar - HXB coffee with skimmed milk - HXA

Did mean to eat an apple but didn't have time between meetings. For lunch got a chicken salad which had lettuce, cabbage, carrot, sweetcorn, black beans, chilli, avocado - not sure on syns I didn't put the dressing on (threw it away ?) so not sure how many syns in total but hopefully not too bad.

Had 2 sodas with fresh lime

D: Prob be salmon with rice and onion, garlic, chilli, sugarsnap peas

HXB: cereal bar
Syns: 10?

Wednesday - EE

B: Apple, strawberry, grapes
2 x Coffee with milk - HXA

L: left over veg bean chili with added spinach and 2 x ryvita cracked black pepper - HXB

D: will be chicken fajitas, cherry toms, peppers, onion, ice burg lettuce, spices, dip made from quark and chives

Tea with rest of milk

HXB: ryvita HXA: milk Syns: 0 week: 41/70

I think the old green and red suits me better than EE in terms of weight loss but I do enjoy the more choice with EE...perhaps I'll try a week of green and red next week.

Last edited:
Thursday - EE

B: 2 x alpen light HXB with coffee and skimmed milk - 2 syns

L: Thai green soup - not sure how to syn had loads of veg in it and more broth than creamy sauce it was healthiest thing on offer out at a meeting.
Lots of water

Will need a snack...TBC

D: is going to be slow roast lamb (cut all fat off) with spices, onion, garlic, tomatoes and stock with carrot, lentil, spinach and feta - HXA salad

HXB: alpen lights
HXA: Feta cheese
Syns: 2 for milk in coffee plus the soup

Ut oh bad day...

Started off well, breakfast was Apple and harvest morn cereal bar with coffee

L: jacket pot with low fat Tesco coalslaw

D: - a couple of glasses of Proseco and chinese - only had vegetable Singapore noodles with curry sauce and a few prawn crackers...so could have been worse!

Hopefully not over my remaining week syns

So today also started well and ended badly...its * week so blaming lack of control on that.

Had scrambled eggs on 1 WM toast. Tea with milk 1/2 HXB and A

Hunters chicken - so syns for cheese and BBQ sauce

Alpen light bar 1/2 B and coffee

But dinner was Thai...rice and curry...not going to try and work out total for the day or week just draw a line and start again tomorrow

1st Feb, new month new week!

Not weighing myself today as its * week and has a bad weekend of food as above.

Starting a fresh, focusing on free and speed foods this week.

B: handful of frozen raspberries (S) 30g Special K granola (HXB) 100ml FF Nat Yog and few fresh blueberries
Coffee with skimmed milk

To a friends for lunch but am determined to stay on plan will report back later :)

Had chicken (in celery, garlic, carrot and tomato) with rice and salad so really good lunch. Had a very small piece of the cheesecake - syns for the day

For tea have omelette with potato, onion and spinach

So round up
EE
HXA - milk
HXB - granola
Syns - cheesecake

Been good day so far...and its a green day to allow double cheese :)

B: multi grain porridge (HXB) made with water
3 x coffee with milk - 3 syns

L: frittata - eggs, onion, potato, spinach, tomato, feta cheese (HXA)

Hour gym class

D: is going to be risotto - rice, stock, onion, peas, broad beans, asparagus and little grated Parmesan with rocket salad and balsamic vinegar

Mon - Green
HXB: porridge
HXA: feta and Parmesan
Syns: 3 for milk in coffee

Have a birthday meal at the weekend so aiming for under 5 a day to allow flexisyns at the weekend

Yesterday was a manic day and went like this,

B: alpen light (HXB) and coffee with milk x 2 (HXA) blueberries

L: quinoa and veg soup lots of water
Soda and like - 1 syn for cordial

D: beans on wholemeal toast (HXB2) and cheddar (HXA2)
Green day Syns 1

Today: Wednesday EE

B: porridge (HXB) with water
Coffee with milk (2 syns)

L: salad with chicken, sun dried toms (some syns?) and mozzarella (HXA

D: Cod with choritzo and butter bean stew, tomatoes, onion, garlic - 4 syns for choritzo

Day: EE
HXA - mozzarella
HXB - porridge
Syns - 4 for choritzo and 3 for sun dried toms 7

Last edited:
Thursday - so busy with no time for food day

B: Apple and Alpen light bar - HXB
Coffee x 2 milk HXA

L: a biscotti biscuit - recon these are about 7? As have almonds in
Water water water
Another coffee was out of a machine so allowing 2 Syns incase milk wasn't HXA worthy

D: SW chicken tikka masala with rice and added peppers

So not great, around 10 syns but onto tomorrow

Really do think I'm better doing green/red so that's my main next week after the weekend of meals out

Last edited:
Back