Back to Basics to Loose the Last Few Pounds!

Wow! You've done amazingly well!

I'm finding your diary really inspiring, especially as I am the same height as you. I would love to be in the 9's and would love even more to be in the 8's!! Think I will be copying some of your green days (I'm veggie) as I can get very repetative with mine,lol!

A big well done to you, you must feel great! :) Sarah x

Thanks Sarah, just got back from a two week all inclusive holiday...I saving myself until tomorrow to get weighed at home (its my normal WI day at slimming world but can't face it yet)

Anyway, I've been back on track today, so I'll post my first food diary of a few weeks!

Monday 21st May - Extra Easy

A:50g feta
B: 2 weetabix

Breakfast: 2 weetabix, fat free natural yog and strawberries. 100ml skimmed milk for coffee (1.5)
Lunch: Feta cheese, lettuce, carrot, celery, cucumber and white cabbage
Snack: Homemade red pepper soup - Red pepper, tinned toms, onions, carrot and potato. chicken stock cube. Murray mint (1)
Dinner: Sheppards pie (mince, mashed potato, stock cube, lentils, carrot and onion) served with brocolli, sweded and white cabbage
Supper: Aldi strawberry yogurt (1.5) and strawberries

Total syns : 4

Planned to do some of my DVD today, havent done it for about 5 weeks. It didnt go so well. Turns out my legs have weakened! Anyway, I'll have another go tomorrow! Onwards and upwards!

Thanks Sarah, just got back from a two week all inclusive holiday...I saving myself until tomorrow to get weighed at home (its my normal WI day at slimming world but can't face it yet)

Anyway, I've been back on track today, so I'll post my first food diary of a few weeks!

Ahh I bet it felt great to go on holiday having lost all that weight? Hope you had a good time!
Well done for getting straight back on track - I know when I go on hols I'm still in holiday mode (eating wise) for about 4 weeks after,lol!! x Sarah x

Tuesday 22nd May

A:350ml skimmed milk
A:50g feta
B:30g cheese
B:2 weetabix

Breakfast: Apple
Lunch: Baked potato, feta cheese, lettuce, carrot, celery, cucumber and white cabbage
Snack: Homemade red pepper soup - Red pepper, tinned toms, onions, carrot and potato. chicken stock cube.
Dinner: Pasta, brocolli, passatta, cheese. Greek/coconut muller 0.5
Supper: 2 weetabix, strawberries and milk

- the baby's still on Mexican time, so I was up late. Had a tomato and herb cupshot - I think these are 1 syn

Total syns: 1.5

Exercise: 20 minute jog/walk

Wednesday 23rd May

A: 350ml milk
A: 30g cheese
B: 50g feta
B: 30g shreddies

Breakfast: Yogurt - 1.5
Lunch: S/W Macaroni cheese and salad
Snack: Muller coconut/greek style yog 0.5 and an apple
Dinner: cous cous, feta cheese, lettuce, carrot, celery, cucumber and white cabbage
Supper (to have later) shreddies, natural yog and an apple

Total syns: 2

Exercise: Davina DVD - boot camp section

I normally do too, but I just felt so awful and bloated when I got back, I just had to get back on plan!

Anyway, I weighed myself yesterday and I'd gone up to 9 stone 4 (was 8 stone 9 when I went)!

Ah well, I was greedy, so I deserve the gain lol!

I prefer green days, although I'm not veggie, I like having the two A's and B's and the carbs! xxx

Thursday 24th May

Lunch: pasta, 25g soft cheese (1.5) and lettuce, carrot, celery, cucumber and white cabbage. yogurt and shreddies (1.5)
Snack: Homemade red pepper soup - Red pepper, tinned toms, onions, carrot and potato. chicken stock cube. nice biscuit (2)
Dinner: pasta, brocolli, passatta and cheese. muller yog (0.5)
Supper: weetabix and milk

Total syns: 5.5

Exercise: Swam 16 lengths

Friday 25th May

A: 50g feta

Breakfast: shreddies, apple and fat free natural yog
Lunch: Baked potato, feta cheese, lettuce, carrot, celery, cucumber and white cabbage
Snack: Homemade red pepper soup - Red pepper, tinned toms, onions, carrot and potato. chicken stock cube
Dinner: batchelors pasta n sauce cheese and leek and ham (1). cottage cheese and salad on the side. Supermarket cornetto (207 cals - 10.5 syns)
Supper: weetabix and muller yog (0.5)

Total syns: 12

Last edited:
Had a bit of a break this weekend. Ate well Saturday day, then had a bit of a booze up on Saturday night, so Sunday was a bit hit and miss - didnt eat alot, but then had a bit of a chocolate binge on Sunday evening! Good job I won't be back in a bikini untill October!!

Monday 28th May

A: 250ml milk
B: shreddies

Breakfast - weetabix and milk
Lunch - Baked potato, beans and mixed salad leaves
Snack - Tomato and herb cupshot - 1.5
Dinner - pasta and brocolli, sauce made of passatta, garlic and onion. cheese on top. mixed salad leaves
Supper - chocolate digestive crunch corner - 7.5
shreddies and activia

Total syns: 9 syns

Exercise: Davina - Buff boxing

Last edited:
Tuesday 29th May

A: 42g reduced fat cheese
B: 2 slices wholemeal weight watchers bread

Breakfast - apple. beans on toast
Lunch - spice sensation cous cous, chickpeas and mixed salad leaves (2.5)
Snack - activia
Dinner - spaghetti and brocolli, passatta, cheese on top.
Supper - chocolate digestive crunch corner. 2 weetabix and strawberries - 7.5

Total syns: 10 syns

Exercise: 30 minute jog/walk

Sooooooooooooooo, haven't updated for a wee while!

Went to WI last Tuesday, I'd gone up to 9 stone 9! OMG, so much for getting back on it straight after my hols!

Well, anyway, I've been good this week (except a chocolate binge on Friday night) so hoping for a good loss on Tuesday. I'll start re-doing my food diary from then.

Got a few weddings and birthdays coming up, so I want to be back in the 8's ready for them.

I was worried about gaining before I went, and for the first few days of being away, but then that went out the window...ah well, I guess I earned the break (from plan and England).

So anyway, WI today...lost 4 lbs! So now 9 stone 5, 2 lbs off the top end of my target, 5 lbs off my actual target. I'm not thinking about any more than loosing the 2lbs for now.

Hope you're having a fab time in Turkey anyway xx

Tuesday 12th June - Extra Easy

Breakfast - kiwi and fat free natural yogurt
Lunch - baked potato, tuna and mayo (4.5). red onion and salad
Snack - Homemade red pepper soup - Red pepper, tinned toms, onions, carrot, potato, chicken stock cube. extra 1 syn for 2 portions of UHT milk
Dinner - 2 tesco healthy choice sausages (2) pasta, brocolli, red onion and passatta
Supper - 2 weetabix and apple

Total syns: 7.5 syns

Exercise: 20 minute cardio/10 minute arm toning

Wednesday 13th June

A: 45g reduced fat cheese
B: 35g porridge

Breakfast - porridge
Lunch - cous cous, chickpeas, red onion, celery, cucumber and mixed salad leaves. harvest morn chewy bar (4.5)
Dinner - pasta, mixed beans and brocolli, passatta, cheese on top. blue riband bar (5)
Supper - muller light, 2 weetabix and grapes

Total syns: 9.5 syns

Exercise: 30 minute jog/walk

Thursday 14th June - Extra Easy

B: porridge

Breakfast - kiwi and apple. porridge
Lunch - 1 tesco healthy choice sausage (1) 50g (dried) pasta, brocolli, red onion, tomato and passatta and salad
Snack - raspberries, aldi strawberry yogurt (1.5)
Dinner - steak, new potatoes, broccoli, tomato and baby corn. apple and raspberries
Supper - a little ice cream (8 approx syns)

Total syns: 10.5(ish)

Exercise: 10 minute abs blast

Last edited:
Saturday 16th June

A: 45g cheese
B: 2 slices bread

beans on toast and fry light fried egg
baked potato, beans and salad (at sainsburys cafe)
pasta, baby corn, tomato, red onion, celery and mixed beans. passata and cheese on top.
chewy cereal bar (4.5)
porridge and natural yogurt

I'm sure i would have had various amounts of fruit throughout the day, but i didnt do a diary so i cant quite remember

Sunday 17th June

A: 45g cheese

an apple, beans on toast and fry light fried egg
spicy mug shot
tesco savoury rice (1.5 for 300g)
plum, peach and strawberries.
baked potato, beans, cheese and salad (lettuce, carrot, cabbage, celery, cucumber and red onion). chewy cereal bar (4.5)
(peach, porridge and natural yogurt) not had yet

Exercise: 30 mins swimming with kids (not actual swimming tho) 15 mins cardio sculpt workout (off of youtube)

I dont feel like my hearts in it at the moment. Was naughty friday night, fingers crossed for a loss this week, i hope i can pull myself together!

Monday 18th June

A: Milk
A: Cheese
B:

tesco healthy choice sausage (4), toast, bit of grated cheese and salad - lettuce, carrot, cabbage, celery, cucumber and red onion. an apple
chewy bar (4.5)
pasta with pasatta, chickpeas and cheese, salad -
lettuce, carrot, cabbage, celery, cucumber and red onion

Total syns - 8.5

exercise: 20 mins cardio

Just an update...got to 9 stone 3 last Tuesday (back in my target range). PIGGED out on Saturday and Sunday. Skipped S/world yesterday (as its free cos I'm back in target). This week (since Monday) been drinking slim fast and counting calories in an effort to kick start some bloody weight loss!

I'll update on Tuesday to see how it goes...ps, was 9 stone 5 yesterday!

Wow! I've been hiding for a wee while....gaining and loosing the same few pounds!

Anyway, I'm back in the zone. Today I'm 9 stone 4.5. Hoping to be 9 stone by October 2nd. Fingers crossed!

Back