Back to GI

Look forward to reading your updates :)

Hello all, anyone can subscribe, I cant promise it will be riveting but I will try!

Ok so midmorning at about 11 today I had 2 nectarines and then for lunch I had a dish I sort of made myself a while ago and its got a bit of everything in!

I sweat some onions chopped really small and a tsp of extra virgin olive oil, I add an organic kallo veg stock cube and some garlic and a pint or so of water, then I add a chopped carrot or two and some toms (tinned chopped) then a large cup of red lentils. I let it cook until lentils are soft. Then I add the contents of an enormous back of spinach (it shrinks so much when cooked) and when cooked its yummy!! That usually lasts me 2 meals.

After that I have my irish yog from tesco. Its the only one I like that is fat free and sugar free and its so creamy.

For my dinner tonight I have had cod fillet with 3 tiny new potatoes and an enormous pile of french beans.

I drink mainly water during the day. I start my day off with a coffee made with soya milk.

xx

Good to see you make so much progress, mum of one. And your food sounds good - I like your lentil and spinach concoction. :)

Your food sounds delicious! :)

Mmm, that sounds like a really nice day of food! What are the Irish yoghurts? I love anything to do with red lentils, but particularly adding spinach is a great idea.

I like to sweat an onion in some olive oil. When it's soft, I add some chopped chicken breast, finely chopped garlic and some cumin, turmeric and chilli powder. After a minute I add red lentils and let that fry a bit. Then I top it up with water until everything is cooked. I don't add salt until after the lentils are done, as otherwise it takes ages, so I just finish off the seasoning with salt, garam masala and coriander. It's one of my favourite dishes, and tastes amazing on its own or with a little brown rice.

Nomnom, you're making me want food!

SL x

Mmmmm you guys are making me hungry :)

Snakes and Ladders I am gonna try your version of the lentils next time!! Gotta go to tesco today.

The irish yogs are sold in four (used to be 6) and they are in most major supermarket shops. Four flavours usually in the pack.

will take a pic and post it on here hahaha

Ok so today I have woken hungry like a bear!!! I feel bloated too. Yuck! Hate that feeling.

I woke up and had a coffee with soya milk. Followed by one thick slice of allisons wholemeal as its 100% stoneground. Topped with a scrape of flora light and sliced tomato on top and garlic grinder garnised on it. YUM!!!

Just had now a nectarine.

I think soup for lunch.... more later.

Hope everyone has a lovely day xx

I hope you like the lentils!

Ah yum, that tomato-bread sounds lush - reminds me of something I had on holiday in Valencia once - just a perfectly ripe tomato mashed onto bread with salt and olive oil...drool!

I think I will steal your version for breakfast one day - poor OH can deal with my garlic breath all day, lol!

SL x

Hiya, the grinder is very mild and is a mixture of subtle herbs and garlic granules and salt and pepper in there. Its on sale in tesco. I go through 1 every 2 weeks!! My son loves it. He has it on everything!

Well today I started day with 1 wholemeal slice toasted with 2 eggs scrambled - hot water with lemon in it.

Lunch I made a huge tuna salad with some olive oil and yep you guessed it.... garlic grinder! lol

I have had some nectarines in between. For tea I have a chicken casserole cooking in the slow cooker. Yum. Full of veggies. Will have that as is.

Yog later on in evening.

I can find you're diary snakes? maybe I am being a thicko!

xx

Thanks guys. I feel all bloated tonight as have eaten too many veggies and I feel like I am gonna pop!!! LOL

I weigh in on Saturday morning. Dont feel different as have been eating more since ill but I am careful with portion sizes. When it comes to veg I do eat lots though.

Food sounds really yummy. Ohh chicken cooked in a slow cooker is so yum! The garlic grinder sounds really yummy too. MMmmm.

Sorry been AWOL.. had a bit of bad news and I have been feeling a bit low. Have stuck to plan about 95% which is good considering.

Ok started my day with a bowl of 60g to be precise of sugar free alpen. I follow rick gallops book mainly. Anyway... skimmed milk in that. Then snack time a nectarine and lunch I had an open faced sandwich on wholemeal stoneground and a boiled egg mashed up with a tsp of low low mayo. Low fat yog for pudding.

Snack time I had another nectarine and a half a banana

Tea time I had some wholemeal pasta, tomato sauce (homemade) and tsp of parmesan sprinkled.

ciao x

Sorry to hear about your bad news. :( I hope you won't feel low for too long. :(

Times when we feel low or have bad news are usually the times that our eating all goes to pot so well done for not giving in and sticking to 95%, that's amazing. Your food looks really good. Keep it up and when things start to look brighter you will be glad that you stuck with it (and feeling healthier can only help when you are having a tough time).

Take care! :patback:

Sorry about your bad news :(

Though I must say I'm very impressed with your foods and you sticking to it 95%. It's not easy sticking to a diet when life isn't going according to plan. I hope things will get better soon, and good job for sticking to the diet so well:)

Hi guys,

Yes been good really considering. A friend of mine died of cancer and has left behind an 18 month old and a 4 year old and its absolutely devastating. Poor darlings. Left without a mother at that age. But her for her sake I am glad she went peacefully in her sleep. The poor soul was ravaged with cancer :( just simply heartbreaking. God bless her.

I was very very sad yday and just didnt follow plan at all and basically ate chocolate all day! oh dear... oh well...

Today though I started the day with a 3 egg omelette with mushrooms, onions, peppers and of course the obligatory garlic grinder! With a thick slice of wholemeal toasted bread on the side and a tsp of flora light on it. I had to drink a large glass of soya milk.

Mid morning I had an apple sliced with some peanut butter on it. Not much though, just a scraping on the few bits of apple.

Lunch I had a bowl of asparagus soup followed by a handful of pecans.

Midafternoon I had a banana

For my dinner tonight I had a huge bowl of porridge made with soya milk and sprinkled with cinnamon and sweetner

Back