Back to GI

I'm sorry about your friend :(

You're doing really good with your diet. It's okay if you don't eat perfect low GI everyday, especially with dealing with a loss of a friend. Don't worry about the chocolate.

Apples and peanut butter are something I enjoy too .

Oh your poor friend and her little ones. My best friend died a few years ago from cancer and it was heart breaking to see someone with such vitality and lust for life to being so sick.

Under the circumstances, you are doing so well. You will have times filled with sadness and you need to do whatever needs doing to get through those times. A day of chocolate is okay in the circumstances. And your food is back on track today.

So sorry to hear about your friend :(

And it's so impressive that you are keeping up your healthiness nonetheless.

Stay strong xxx

PS: I adore PB and apple - have you tried spreading PB on soft wholegrain and covering it with very very thin slices of apple? It's like a healthy PB&J sandwich!

Hi guys,

How lovely are you all... thank you for such kind comments. Today though was awful as I took my son to school and my friend's little girl was there and she looked like a little lost soul, she looked like a little pale ghost. It literally broke my heart to see her like this. I wanted to sweep her up and cuddle her and make it all ok but I cant make it all ok :(((

Today I started day with tomatoes on toast and my grinder and a hot chocolate made with soya milk.

Mid morning I had an eat natural bar - almond and yog flavour

Lunch I had a homemade minestrone soup with two wholewheat krisprolls crackers and a bunch of grapes

I will have a banana this afternoon and this evening I have cod fillet with wholewheat pasta and broccolli followed by a yoghurt.

Have good days everyone xxx

Food sounds really good. Your hot chocolate sounds really yummy, it's chilly here and the hot chocolate sounds so warming and comforting :)

mum_of_one, so sorry to hear your sad news. What a heartbreaking time for everyone involved. :( :( Please take care - it's amazing that you're sticking to your healthy eating plan at a time like this.

Hi guys,

You GI'ers are top notch you really are :)

Ok so I had a weigh in today, meant to wait till tomorrow but I couldnt help myself! Lost 2lbs which is great. As scales now say 15lbs loss but its sort of hovering so I am saying one stone. Thats about 3 or 4 weeks I think. Lost count to be honest!

Ok so today I started day with tomatoes on toast but I had two slices instead of my one as I have been famished of late.

My mid morning snack was a handful of mini pretzels from lidls. Plus a mug of tea.

My lunch was home made tomato soup and a bowl of chopped up tomatoes with a tsp of olive oil and grinder. Yes I am tomato mad. I once went through a crate of toms in one week LOL!! I eat masses of them. Plus some apple chopped up.

I didnt have an afternoon snack today I forgot as was busy but I did make a gorgeous banana loaf thing which tasted pukka!!!!!!!! OH yeah!!

I had for my tea, brown rice, brocolli and carrots and cod fillet followed by a slice of banana loaf cake which was made with wholemeal plain flour, coconut oil instead of butter or other fats. Bananas, nutmeg and chopped pecans and let me tell you it was luscious!

Hope everyone is well and I shall try and post more over weekend. Got to go to bed.

xxxx

Great job Mumofone. You're doing really well :) Keep up the great work, and congratulations on your weightloss!!!!

Hi guys, sorry not been online but just had tons on and been so tired in the evenings but I have still stuck to my diet.

Ok banana loaf is as follows :

2lb loaf tin

I use coconut oil instead of fat as its very very good for you and enhances the flavour tremendously. The brand I use is Tiana a premium virgin coconut oil. When purchased it is in a solid form but can be gently heated to a liquid. Coconut oil is renound for turning into energy and not fat. It has no cholestrol or transfats.

Ok so recipe :

5 tbsp of coconut oil softened
2 eggs
2 or 3 ripe(ish) bananas - I used 3 and they were not really ripe as I didnt want too much sugar
2/3 cup of sugar (fruictose sugar)

First prep: mash up bananas with a fork or spoon. Then in a separate boil combine the above ingredients and add banana to it and whizz with an electric whisk.

In another bowl combine :

1 1/3rd cup of all purpose flour. I used wholemeal plain flour.
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon but I always use nutmeg. As I like that. Its a personal choice.

Now combine all the ingredients together and mix until smooth. At this point add what you want. I add a few tbsp of toasted chopped nuts from tesco. They come in a small bag and are to die for. Lovely and nutty. I add them in and sometimes I add in chopped medjool dates which give it a caramel flavour... god my mouth is watering!

Anyway.... then pour into loaf tin and then sprinkle the top with some more of those chopped nuts and put in oven gas 350 and I usually do it for about 40 or 50 mins but keep checking and poke a skewer in middle and if it comes out sticky with batter it goes in a bit more.

When its ready I cut along the length of it and then across so it gives me lots of squares and its not too much. Perfect for the mid morning or afternoon snack.

Good luck!

That banana loaf sounds yummy :)

Its really really gorgeous. Make sure the coconut oil is measured out hard before you soften. I also have them slightly heaped. Let me know how it goes?

Doing this on phone as laptop not working.

Lost another 1lb so that's good! Just had a tea and wholemeal toast. Have good days

Xxxx

Congratulations on the weightloss :) You're on a roll Mumofone :)

Well done on your loss! Just wondering have you tried freezing this? And can you use other oil if you don't have coconut?

Hi guys
Sorry this is late but my laptop playing up with internet.

Yes you can freeze. If you don't use coconut oil you could use lurpack lighter or flora light but if you want flavour still I would use lurpack lighter but its more cals than coconut oil.

Xx

Back