Back to lose it all again!!!

LizDesigns

Silver Member
It's been a long time since I last visited Minimins, mostly because i've been in denial about the weight that i've put back on. But i'm finally back and ready to start all over again, this time using Exante.

I last used a VLCD back in 2008 with Cambridge SS and was very fortunate to lose 6.5 stone in 6 months, yet here I am back again after having put it all back on again!!! At least I haven't put on anything extra.

I'm trying Exante due to money as it is nearly half what I was spending on Cambridge. I've bought a month's supply and on Cambridge all I had was tetras so it was very pricey.

I am dreading the shakes though, I just couldn't stomach them on Cambridge and i've yet to try one on Exante.

I've started today and again i'm looking to lose 6.5 stone by November, i'm feeling really focused and hope to gain loads of support from all the lovely people on here.

I've not yet read through all the posts but from last time it really helped to distract me from thinking about food so no doubt i'll get caught up in the next few days.

I really just wanted to introduce myself for now and hopefully, fingers crossed i'll be a regular!!!! :D

So i'm just having my first shake and my suspicions have been confirmed!!! I really don't like it, i'm having the chocolate one and although its not as bad as the CD chocolate one its just not sweet enough for me. I was so fortunate that I used to love the chocolate tetras so being on a VLCD wasn't really a hardship the last time. I think this time i'm just going to have to hold my nose and down them, lol

Hi Liz. I'm on day 2 after putting a stone back on so i now still just over a stone and a half to go to get to the very top of a healthy weight range but i'm just going to focus on that for now.

I don't like shakes at all so i stick to soups and bars. I like all the soups and use 500ml of water so that they're not so thick. Plus they last longer ;) I also add pepper and a splash or two of worcs sauce which makes a HUGE difference to the taste!

Anyway, good luck and if you fancy it join us on the may challenge at the top of the board :)

WELCOME LIZ - don't judge too soon, it takes time for your tastes to readjust. I love vanilla and vanilla and vanilla and porridge and porridge but it took time. I can now ignore strawberry, chocolate, banana and tomato soup. the vegetable one is tolerable but it is just a means to an end not a gourmet meal.

My start weight was 17 too and it took eight months to lose six stone, I then had a five month break, gained three pounds and now back to shed the last stone. Initially it was very fast, a stone a month, the last stone slower and this one is like watching paint dry - slow, slow, slow - not as much to lose now.
Tesco bars are great substitutes for tetras and I take soup to work in a flask. The purist will say no no - but I did it for eight months and now this time too and its fine. I think you have to find just what works for you and then do it! I find this site incredibly supportive. So good luck.

GSQ

Hi Liz welcome to exante I'm on day 4 and doing working solutions. I did exante ts about a year and a half go but put the weight bak on. I have all shakes hot and add coffee to the strawberry, banana and vanilla hen have the hot choc at night. I hope you gt used to them we have similar stats so should be on here for the same length of time good luck.

Hi liz :) i also found the exante shakes less sweeter than cambridge,but what i do now is i add a couple of sweetex tablets to them and now they taste great.Also sweetex have no calories so its a win win;). Good Luck

Hi Liz, your initial post is ME! I lost weight on Cambridge ss, I only drank chocolate tetras too! I'm on day 2 of exante ( well actually I'm finishing my Cambridge powder shakes) but my exante box has arrived and I'll be hitting it tomorrow! I absolutely hate the powder shakes- if I hit a lump I wretch!! Looking forward to trying new flavours but if I don't like it I'll just add coffee- overpowers everything! Good luck on your journey x x

I use one of those milk frothers to blend mine up and it doesn't leave ny lumps.you can get them cheap on eBay.

Thanks for all the hints and tips, they're really helpful. Luckily the other 2 shakes I had yesterday were just about palatable, the banana is definitely the best that i've tried so far. I'll certainly try the soups it's just I really couldn't stand them on Cambridge but they could be very different on Exante.
Second day today and yesterday was actually fine, think my head is in the right place which is key.
It felt just like this the last time I lost all the weight so i'm really hoping i'm successful this time, but keep it off for good!!!!

Getslimquick - what a fantastic weight loss and congrats on maintaining, I definitely think that's the hardest part and greatly admire anyone that does it.
Kimmi and Spyro - Hope we can all be a big support to each other on our journeys :D

Yeah definitely hope you have a good day hun

Seems there's quite a few of us have started this week, will be great to try and keep each other on track.
I'm trying to hold off as long as possible before I have my first shake of the day, seems to then make it easier for the reat of the day

Me too!! My first day and veryyy confused by minimins, although I think the more I look at it the more it makes sense - good luck :) xx

Hi Liz, I did CD SS in 2008 then had gall stones :(
Maybe you can try a tablet sweetener melted in your shakes I find it helps :)

Back