Back to WW - stone to lose by November!

Hi All,

I have just come back to WW after a 6 weeks at SW - I really liked the plan but i just couldnt lose any weight on it and I have a very specific goal of losing 1 stone by the time I go on Holiday in November.

Food for yesterday is as follows:

Breakfast: 35g Bran Flakes with Mullerlight Yoghurt & chopped banana - 6pp
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Breast Salad - 4pp
Dinner: WW meal and mixed Veg - 7pp
Snacks: Fruit Salad, grapes, WW Toffee yoghurt frozen (tastes just like ice cream!!)

Total: 17pp

Does that sound ok? Im worried that i eat too much fruit after reading some of the posts but I would rather snack on zero pp foods rather than crips/chocolate etc.

Laura x

Hi Laura, i am new too but if i am correct the minimum pp is 26 so doesn't look like you ate enough yesterday. Have you had your pp worked out for you?x

hi there, i want to lose a stone by Nov too (at least!) and need to work harder at recording every morsel.. i'll track with you if you like, my weigh in is tomorrow and i hope to have lost 3 pounds! been busting my butt this week at the gym hoping for a bit of extra (gained a pound last week so have to make up for it - monthly curse will do that!)

Hi Sarah

Yes i went to a meeting last year and my points were worked out at 26 a day. My theory is that the less pp i use, the more weight i should lose - is that totally the wrong approach?!

How are you getting on with the plan - are you going to a meeting or doing it online?

hi there, i want to lose a stone by Nov too (at least!) and need to work harder at recording every morsel.. i'll track with you if you like, my weigh in is tomorrow and i hope to have lost 3 pounds! been busting my butt this week at the gym hoping for a bit of extra (gained a pound last week so have to make up for it - monthly curse will do that!)

Hi Fiddlestixes,
Well done on the weight loss so far - have you been finding it easy or a bit of a struggle so far?

Yes tracking sounds good to me, are you using all of your daily's/weeklies?

Good luck for the weigh in tomorrow - im keeping my fingers crossed that you get the 3lbs you are hoping for!

Laura x

Hi Laura,

It's really not recommended to eat so few PP. I have 29 points and have lost 7.5lb in 4 weeks (that includes a week of eating rubbish and a gain) - so eating that little is probably counter productive and might drive you mad after a week of it! The dailies are there to be used. I even use all of my weeklies and have still lost. Why not give following the actual plan a go and see how you get on? x

I think that the problem is that I am really unhappy at my current weight, and the thought of eating more and possibly put on weight really scares me!! I want to believe in the plan but I just sometimes think its going to be impossible for it to work for me! Sorry if I sound like a right grump! Laura x

Lauralou1987 said:
Hi Fiddlestixes,
Well done on the weight loss so far - have you been finding it easy or a bit of a struggle so far?

Yes tracking sounds good to me, are you using all of your daily's/weeklies?

Good luck for the weigh in tomorrow - im keeping my fingers crossed that you get the 3lbs you are hoping for!

Laura x

Thank you! Yes I'm finding it hard. I'm 38 now and the pounds seem to want to cling on for dear life..

I really fluctuate with the points. Some days I'm over, some under.. I tend to ruin my days progress by having late night snacks, I think. Even when I'm within the points, I think that messes things up.. I'm now teying to abide by a "no food past 7" rule. Really hard!

I've had two weigh ins where I've gained a pound so I think that means I'm having a bit of a hard time...

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins (please forgive errors!)

Lauralou1987 said:
Hi All,

I have just come back to WW after a 6 weeks at SW - I really liked the plan but i just couldnt lose any weight on it and I have a very specific goal of losing 1 stone by the time I go on Holiday in November.

Food for yesterday is as follows:

Breakfast: 35g Bran Flakes with Mullerlight Yoghurt & chopped banana - 6pp
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Breast Salad - 4pp
Dinner: WW meal and mixed Veg - 7pp
Snacks: Fruit Salad, grapes, WW Toffee yoghurt frozen (tastes just like ice cream!!)

Total: 17pp

Does that sound ok? Im worried that i eat too much fruit after reading some of the posts but I would rather snack on zero pp foods rather than crips/chocolate etc.

Laura x

Hiya.. If your going to weight watchers then you need to use the minimum amount (26) otherwise your not really following the plan. Your body will go into starvation mode.. They recommend 26 points for a reason and to loose a stone by November is VERY achievable probably double thAt if you stick to it 100% good luck Hun xx

I'm on 32 points at the moment. I lowered it myself from 35 because that seemed too high. I'm not hungry at all except for evenings, but I think that's also a habit (nighttime binge eating) and so my stomach is looking for some comfort food and not actually hungry...

Holliexx said:
Hiya.. If your going to weight watchers then you need to use the minimum amount (26) otherwise your not really following the plan. Your body will go into starvation mode.. They recommend 26 points for a reason and to loose a stone by November is VERY achievable probably double thAt if you stick to it 100% good luck Hun xx

Thanks very much, I will try to up the points and just believe in the plan!! X

fiddlestixes said:
I'm on 32 points at the moment. I lowered it myself from 35 because that seemed too high. I'm not hungry at all except for evenings, but I think that's also a habit (nighttime binge eating) and so my stomach is looking for some comfort food and not actually hungry...

I know what u mean, sometimes its easy get into a habit of snacking in the evenings...I sometimes freeze grapes or ww yoghurts as they take ages to eat and are sweet enough to get rid of any cravings!

Your points are there to be enjoyed.
ww makes it feel like less of a diet and more normal
go ahead and enjoy them :)
Earn some activity points to make things even better
youll be down a stone in no time x

Lemai said:
Your points are there to be enjoyed.
ww makes it feel like less of a diet and more normal
go ahead and enjoy them :)
Earn some activity points to make things even better
youll be down a stone in no time x

Thanks for ur words of encouragement hun, just got to keep imagining wearing a bikini, that should keep me on track! X

Back