Back With a Vengeance!

Well done love :) I wish we had a waggamama! And a prezzo.. and a nando's... and a pizza express... and a strada(?) and .... probably it's better not to have them ;)

Congratulations :) xx

Thursdays can never come quickly enough sometimes!

I'd been feeling rather bloated and simply 'blah' the whole week, which was my fault because I ate a bit too much home-made pizza last Thursday night! It was a struggle to keep myself motivated, but I managed it...and I lost 3.5lbs!

This makes 21.5lbs in 5 weeks :)

I also got Slimmer of the Week AND Slimmer of the Month for August, which is just fabulous!

In group this week, we were talking about how negative we can be when it comes to our own bodies and I was thinking to myself that I have the habit of being just that ("My belly's too big, my thighs are too big, can't see my feet when I look down"). Well, it's time to stop all that! I need to start embracing how I look and how great I'm going to look when I finally get down to my target weight.

Past time on different diets (Weight Watchers, Cambridge, All About w8) I was always trying to slim down for the wrong reasons, usually to please other people. But now I'm thinking: "hold on a second, why am I doing this - ruining myself, essentially - for other people when they're not going to care either way anyway."

It's high time I made the changes needed for myself, so I can get to where I want to be at my own pace. It's where my little signature motto comes in "Do your best, and don't worry". It's my journey and ain't nobody gonna take me off the rails!

Jamesie
So happy for you. You sound so positive and that is what it is all about. I can tell you are gonna be a winner. Wow, I know a slimmer of the week and the month!! Look forward to the next loss with pride for you.
Bev x :0clapper:

008.jpg

Here's a photo of all my awards so far! I also got a limited edition mug for being Slimmer of the Month :D (shame I don't drink tea!)

well done sweeyheart thats great x x x x

That is a great motto :) And it's true. Although it's dropping off there's no way that we give ourselves the congrats that we deserve for STILL pushing it off! It's always "eugh, this is still wrong. this bit doesn't look right!" rather than "Heee! This is so many pounds or stones less than I was! Well done me!"

HUGE congrats for all your awards and prizes - and damn hard work! :) Well done lovely xx

Helloooooooooooooo everyone!

So, it's been a week of ups and downs, but the ups have been better than the downs. Allow me to explain.

I went to see Kate Bush on Tuesday (yes, she was amazing!), which involved a trip to That London. My mind was already made up in terms of what I was going to eat while I was there - it was going to be lunch from M&S Simply Food at the station. But, while I was on the train down, my mind got to thinking about all the other shops down there - your Burger King, your Delice de France, your Cornish pasty emporiums. The cravings were rather vicious, actually! So my mind changed from M&S lunch to a sausage roll sabotage...........................

You will glad to know that I had a mixed berry bowl, a bag of crisps (10 syns), a turkey sandwich and a bottle of mineral water. Now, that to me is an achievement, because, in the past I would have instantly made a bee-line for the high fat pastries, but to make this change is to kick a habit that I always had when making that journey. It felt awesome! :character00100:

Now for the down part: I hadn't really exercised or walked anywhere for a good long while, so I was faced with a daunting task of navigating the tube tunnels on a hot day (it was about 21c on Tuesday, so pretty warm!). The escalators were broken, so it was the dreaded stairs that I was forced to tackle. I felt really woozy after all that walking, and it felt like the tunnels were never going to end. :cry:

All worth it though, because I lost 4.5lbs this week!

What I learned from this week, was that I can make the right choices and know that this will serve me well in the future, but also, I need to get some form of exercise regime going so that I don't feel quite so bad after being on my feet all day. That's what this journey is about though, finding myself and feeling good about the future.

Hi Jaimesie
Well, another roaring success! Whoopee!! You are a man of steel! You sound well chuffed and I am for you. I look forward to Thursdays just to see your news. OK I am waiting with baited breath for next Thursday.
Bev x
p.s. Glad you got to see Kate Bush, I fancied going myself but just don't do concerts nowadays. :)

THAT LONDON! Ahem, sorry. Reminds me of 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps xD

Well done for your loss love! :D

So last night, I felt rather awful.

Laying in bed, I was thinking about how daunting my weight loss journey is and how long I actually have to go. I was just: "oh my goodness, can I actually do this?" My brain does like to put me down, and I can be my own worst enemy sometimes, so I dunno, I just need to stop these thoughts somehow.

Hey, you are doing so well. It's a long journey yes, but it can be done. Think positive and take it one stone at a time. I have friends on here who are doing so so well. One of them has lost 6 stone so far. Lots of positive thoughts for you. You are a lovely looking guy if I may say so and you deserve the body you want and the health you want. Push any negative thoughts out and concentrate on how life will be.
Enough of my mumsy nagging. I am sure you are having a blip! I would say grab life and don't let it go. Loads of love Jaimsie and a big hug.

:bighug:

Hi Jamesie. You have done so well with your diet. I myself started at 21st on the button. I didn't dream i weighed that :(, today is my 75th day of dieting, and also marks the 16st 0lbs. So thats is 5 stone gone in just over 10 weeks. If you asked me when i started would i last that long without cheating i would have laughed at you! I love my food, hence getting to 21st. But all i do, is take one day and at a time, look for mini goals, and loads of them. Today 16st, now i am dreaming of seeing 15st 13lbs... 15st anything to be fair. A fabulous lady on here Destamia, has nearly 6 stone lost. She started at just over 24st she is also doing SW. And i think somedays she makes it all look so easy, I should be doing SW. :)
hope your having a better day. Sending big ((hugs)) Helen x
ps if i can lose weight, than anyone can, you included. Let us know how you are getting on X

So last night, I felt rather awful.

Laying in bed, I was thinking about how daunting my weight loss journey is and how long I actually have to go. I was just: "oh my goodness, can I actually do this?" My brain does like to put me down, and I can be my own worst enemy sometimes, so I dunno, I just need to stop these thoughts somehow.

Our brains can be really annoying can't they?!

I'm just aiming for little mini targets and trying to pretend I don't know how huge the task is!

"do your best & don't worry" :D

Thanks everyone :)

I think just had a bad day yesterday. I did a ten hour shift at work, and everyone was scoffing cakes and biscuits during that time! I didn't have any food that would have sabotaged by weight loss, so I can be proud of that at least. It just was one of those times where the enormity of what I'm doing hit me head on and I didn't know what to do with myself.

I suppose when you're alone with your thoughts, you can over-think things and the little negative voices become louder when wishing you to do bad things like grab a few cream cakes >_<

New day today, though, and I feel a lot better with what I'm doing! Let's keep it up :D

That's great to hear Jamesie :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hez, omg I lose track, 5 stone in 10 weeks that is awesome. Big time. See Jaimesie you are not alone. People are doing amazing weight losses! Of course it will take time. Hugs all round! Bev x :)

Yep, life is a******* it really is! :(

But this journey is nothing compared to the rest of your life - that you are making better with less strain/fat on your joints and internal organs. It's worth it all for the long run x

Back