Back With a Vengeance!

Been feeling a bit dreary on this grey day, but I did find something that cheered me up!

I've lost 26.5lbs so far, which is the equivalent of:

A 2yr old child

AND

12 Krispy Kreme doughnuts

Isn't that cool?!

Been feeling a bit dreary on this grey day, but I did find something that cheered me up!

I've lost 26.5lbs so far, which is the equivalent of:

A 2yr old child

AND

12 Krispy Kreme doughnuts

Isn't that cool?!

12 Krispy Kreme weight that much omg!!

I am lucky I don't have any place near by that sells them because I do love a good doughnut,
it's quite sunny here in Oxfordshire, how is your weekend going so far? xx

i've never had a krispy kreme. The only place that sells them is Tesco and they only started around 6 months ago. Are they good? I always avoided them because of the calories and price. Something that costs that much can't be worth it calorie wise :D

Well done gorgeous! What a hell of a way to go! It'll be a full 2st before you realise it :D

Krispy Kreme are definitely not worth their price tag! I've had tastier ones from Greggs! Being as they have no nutritional whatsoever, sugar-coated cardboard would offer more in the way of nutrients.

I'm hoping I get my two stone this week, I really do. If I believe I can, it'll happen :D

I agree Jamesie, I think Krispy Kreme are overrated.

But wow well done on your fab losses, and I love the power of positive thinking there! :)

:D it's a good job we don't have a proper store over here then ;)

For a treat, Morrisons custard doughnuts are to DIE for imo. Luckily (or unluckily in someway ;)) our morrisons is so far out (and we don't drive) that we only really get there say once a year.

Good luck hun!

Crisps! Crisps! Crisps! Crisps!

Ahhh, I do love my crisps! Lol

You know when you get those cravings that nothing else can fill? Yeah, I get that sometimes with crisps. Thank goodness for my 15 syns a day!

Crisps! Crisps! Crisps! Crisps! Ahhh, I do love my crisps! Lol You know when you get those cravings that nothing else can fill? Yeah, I get that sometimes with crisps. Thank goodness for my 15 syns a day!
I really fancied crisps today as a treat, but after my weigh in and only losing half a pound I was so upset that i passed on the crisps...

Ah, that was like me last week!

It can be a dampener, especially if you've had such great losses in previous weeks, but at least it's a step in the right direction. A 0.5lb loss per week over the course of a year is 26lbs, so nearly 2 stone.

Some weeks don't happen the way you want them to, but you just have to keep on truckin!

Ah, that was like me last week!

It can be a dampener, especially if you've had such great losses in previous weeks, but at least it's a step in the right direction. A 0.5lb loss per week over the course of a year is 26lbs, so nearly 2 stone.

Some weeks don't happen the way you want them to, but you just have to keep on truckin!
thats so true lovely x x

When the going gets tough, the tough get going....

After losing 0.5lbs last week, I was determined to not be bogged down by that. There would be no point, because it'll just bring my old habits back, which I don't want to do.

I decided to make a couple of changes, and it proved a wonder - I lost 4.5lbs! Slimmer of the Week is mine again, too. :D

A couple of things that I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions on, though:

1. Apples have become too sweet for me. It's weird, because Golden Delicious are my favourite variety, but now I can't eat them because they're simply too sweet. Are my tastebuds changing?

2. I can't eat as much as I used to. For example, 1 round of sandwiches, a bag of crisps, a pot of sugar-free jelly, and a banana would have left me feeling a bit hungry before, but now I'm full for a good couple of hours after eating. Stomach shrinkage perhaps?

At any rate, I'm very pleased with this week. My 10% is next, which I am 12lbs away from, so let's get to it! :)

That is a great loss, woohoo well done Jamesie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re apples, I prefer galas because they aren't as sweet - but yes it definitely sounds like your taste buds are moving away from sweet, and your tum is shrinking - so, all good!

Hi :)

Crisps will always be my downfall, and blah to the doughnuts, sweet stuff isn't my problem it's all the savoury goodies. Congrats on your excellent weight loss so far

Tracy x

When the going gets tough, the tough get going....

After losing 0.5lbs last week, I was determined to not be bogged down by that. There would be no point, because it'll just bring my old habits back, which I don't want to do.

I decided to make a couple of changes, and it proved a wonder - I lost 4.5lbs! Slimmer of the Week is mine again, too. :D

A couple of things that I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions on, though:

1. Apples have become too sweet for me. It's weird, because Golden Delicious are my favourite variety, but now I can't eat them because they're simply too sweet. Are my tastebuds changing?

2. I can't eat as much as I used to. For example, 1 round of sandwiches, a bag of crisps, a pot of sugar-free jelly, and a banana would have left me feeling a bit hungry before, but now I'm full for a good couple of hours after eating. Stomach shrinkage perhaps?

At any rate, I'm very pleased with this week. My 10% is next, which I am 12lbs away from, so let's get to it! :)

Great, I am hoping to lose as much as you next week, I really need to boost my confidence again xx

Great loss and congrats on slimmer of the week :)
What did you change to get this nice loss ?

I havent had so big taste change in sw. But when I did juice diet then I did notice that things taste different and then everything was too salty for me.
Try different kind of apples and after few week try them again. Who knows maybe they will taste the same as before.

About eating less is great. Its because you eat better food now. That fills you up for longer.
Snacks and chips and sodas are made to make us hungry. So we could take more. Burgers and fries are all the same things.

I find that until you not completely satisfied you keep searching for food to make you happy. I know - I often play a bin and eat everything in row - Im not hungry but I keep eating until I find my peace with something.

What ever you did this week- keep it going. And soon you will have your 10% ;)

Great loss and congrats on slimmer of the week :)
What did you change to get this nice loss ?

I havent had so big taste change in sw. But when I did juice diet then I did notice that things taste different and then everything was too salty for me.
Try different kind of apples and after few week try them again. Who knows maybe they will taste the same as before.

About eating less is great. Its because you eat better food now. That fills you up for longer.
Snacks and chips and sodas are made to make us hungry. So we could take more. Burgers and fries are all the same things.

I find that until you not completely satisfied you keep searching for food to make you happy. I know - I often play a bin and eat everything in row - Im not hungry but I keep eating until I find my peace with something.

What ever you did this week- keep it going. And soon you will have your 10% ;)

I didn't change too much, if I'm honest. It was more a case of having to eat at midnight on certain days (like the night before WI), so I decided to have my biggest meal before work and eat a light dinner when I was there.

I really feel like things are changing for the better, like I'm turning a corner. I made a promise to myself tonight that, this time next year, I will do three things:

1. Complete my Masters Degree
2. Leave my dead-end job
3. Be slim and fabulous :D

I know there will be time that I will stumble, but as long as I know then it won't take much to pick up myself up again.

It's funny how the mind works.

I had a fried egg and bacon sandwich this week, which was free - egg was fried using FryLight, the bacon was grilled and the bread was my HEXA. After I ate this, I thought to myself: "oh man, I hope I still lose weight this week after eating that."

The mindset is still there that things are "banned" on Slimming World when they aren't at all. But you know what, I can have a bacon and egg sandwich every day for breakfast if I want to, and still lose weight!

And I lose weight, I did! 3.5lbs to be precise. :D

The only disappointment was that I am 0.5lbs away from 2.5st, but that will come next week. Also another step closer to my 10% target (12lbs last week, 8.5lbs this week).

I do get a comment from one lady in the group sometimes: "oh, well, it's easy for men isn't it?"

No it isn't, love! Otherwise I'd be 13st and eating pizza for breakfast :mad:

Back