Back With a Vengeance!

Loving the sound of that B&E sandwich yum!

How are you finding SW at work?

It's not too bad, actually. I work near a Subway and a KFC, which does bring with some temptation at times, but I haven't had any takeaways since I've started SW - not that I don't have them because I shouldn't, it's just worth me having them in the long run.

Well done on resisting the takeaways. You have more willpower than me and I'm 13 miles from my nearest one

I'm sensing a bit of sour grapes from that woman. Maybe if she put in the effort that you're doing then she would see similar results x

So, I put on 1.5lbs this week.

I haven't been on for a few days, because it was my first week back at uni and people at work keep calling in sick, so I've had to do two people's jobs at the same time - as well as overtime.

Extremely run down, and eating dinner at midnight for three days in a row hasn't helped at all. I did walk 2 miles in 30 minutes on Tuesday though, which is quite an achievement for me!

My only problem this week may have been that I wasn't eating enough during the day, and waiting for my big dinner at night time.

Ah well, back to my losing ways next week!

Sorry about the gain, but it sounds like you're already well on the way with a plan in place to get rid of it for next week :)

Work sounds quite stressful, espescially if you've been having to take on extra work. Come pay day you'll welcome it though ;)

Here's to a good week x

Boo :( Hopefully it'll be off with extra though this coming week. Are things calming down a little for you now or...? :) xx

I'm sorry about your gain. :( I bet that is and more will be off next week, though. :)

Do you prepare any meals for work? I often do a fermal flask of goodness for the mister for work. :) (I'm actually about to put soup in the slow cooker for tonight and for lunch for him tomo haha)

Shame about the gain, I am getting weigh in this evening and I am not looking forward to it, as I have been quite naughty for the past few days while I was off. x

After my gain last week (1.5lbs), I wasn't happy with myself at all.

When you aim to lose weight, you get a tunnel vision where you only think about the last weigh-in, leaving behind the fact that you may have lost so much to get to the point you're at in the first place. I can say that I was guilty of that. After my weigh-in last Thursday, I went for a long walk and thought about things - particularly the fact that I still have far to go with my journey.

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty emotional.

I've been overweight for most of my life, and I have lost a fair amount of weight in the past (about 5st at one time), but fate conspired against me in recent years to throw all it can at me to put on that weight, with a bit more on top for that extra insulation I never needed. My family fell apart, I was homeless for about 4 months (couch surfing though, not sleeping rough), I had the stresses of university to deal with as well while all this was happening, which just compounded all the stress.

I'm not making excuses for why I put the weight back on, it just...happened. One minute you're fine, then the next, you've gone over 30st and you can't even bend down to put your socks on!

But here I am now. A first class degree in Creative Writing, halfway through an MA in the same subject, living with a person I love, and back on the weight loss wagon. :)

This week, I lost 6.5lbs, which brings my total loss up to 39.5lbs in 11 weeks. The figures speak for themselves. :D

Wow what an amazing loss, thats fantastic. Sometimes we all have to give ourselves a talking to after a gain or just when resolve starts to slip. I know I have, just remember you can do anything :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Nice loss, congrats =)

Yes, I think the same, that we need to go back and see why we started at first place. It is hard and you know you will have those gain weeks on your way but it will not mean that you did something wrong. Just some point weight loss will slow down and you will lose in inches not in pounds.
Im so happy for you- keep going and we all here to support you on your journey =)

wow what a loss! congrats!

Well done sweetheart! :) Very very proud of you! That is a hell of an achievement - and an aamzing loss too xx

Thank you for the comments!

On to this week, then...

Lately, it's been quite a whirlwind with university assignments, work and other such kabibbling matters, which is why I haven't been on here as much as I would like to be. But hey ho, such is life - one minute you're doing nowt, the next you've got a million and one things to be getting on with!

I must confess that my weekend wasn't spectacular. I'd worked ten hours on Friday and decided to flexisyn and make myself a pizza. I just really needed it, but it was delicious and was made without using any oil or fats at all, so I kept it as low-syn as I possibly could. Saturday and Sunday were okay, but I did struggle to get my 5 fruit/veg in for those two days (normally I do all right on that front).

The monster of temptation was weighing very heavily on my shoulder. I share the house I live in with other people who don't do any type of slimming, so there are cakes and chocolate bars in the cupboard. One night, at about 2am, I opened the cupboard and saw a very lovely, very beautiful, very wonderful Mars bar. I stared at it for about 5 minutes, imagining the intense momentary joy I would feel when eating it, then pondering what the point would be of eating it - just to make me happy for a few seconds, then hating myself the next day for what I'd done in the wee hours? I didn't eat it, hand a glass of water, and went to bed.

With that in mind, I lost 4lbs this week! Also, I got my Club 10 and Slimmer of the Week! Marvelous!

I did have this week in mind to get my 10%, because I'm seeing a friend that I haven't seen since before I started Slimming World, and I'm hoping that's he's going to notice the difference.

I'm ecstatic, to say the least, and the only way to go is further down. :party0019:

Well done gorgeous!

You have such a fabulous point too - and it sounds like you've really turned a corner too. Why put yourself through the extra syns/calories/guilt of eating something that before you'd have eaten - and maybe gone looking for more? Been there - it's so hard to stop yourself giving in but yay! Well done! :) x

What a fantastic loss! Well done on your stand off against the evil mars bar! Heres to another good week :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm not very sure how I'm going to do this week.

I went to a video game festival on Saturday, and there were literally no healthy choices on the menu (pie and mash, curry, burgers, and all that). I had the pie and mash, because that had vegetables in it, so it was the best I could do. However, I was walking around nearly all the time - in fact, I'm still aching from all the movement I did!

Maybe there will be an offsetting somewhere.

I had fun though, so who cares! (until it's time to get on the scales, of course! :p)

Back