Back with tail between my legs

QueenOmi

Lost over a stone before my wedding in 2013 and got pregnant straight away. Now lo is 2 and a half and I weighed myself and I'm up to 14 st 9. :( So started slimming world again this morning. Doing it alone this time as I can never make the meetings. I want to lose 4 stone by my friend's wedding next June. Doable? I'm hoping so! :oops:

Doing it alone this time as I can never make the meetings. I want to lose 4 stone by my friend's wedding next June.
Not sure what your age is, but worth heading over to the doctor and ask to have your hormones measured/checked. Hormones give your body a mind of its own which can wreck any "diet". I am not looking for an excuse, I just want to keep no stones unturned, and, your path to fitness straight.

Numerically your weightloss target looks very achievable. Personally I love Christmas because of all the turkey, which is a good , clean protein. Stay off the booze, the baked stuff, and the snacks; eat clean and you should be well on your way! All the best.

P.S. Have a look at a program called "Gracie Bullyproof" which is BOTH a kiddies' self-confidence and exercise program AND gets the adults involved. So you get to exercise WITH your child(ren) and they get to exercise too.

Last edited:
Not sure what your age is, but worth heading over to the doctor and ask to have your hormones measured/checked. Hormones give your body a mind of its own which can wreck any "diet". I am not looking for an excuse, I just want to keep no stones unturned, and, your path to fitness straight.

Numerically your weightloss target looks very achievable. Personally I love Christmas because of all the turkey, which is a good , clean protein. Stay off the booze, the baked stuff, and the snacks; eat clean and you should be well on your way! All the best.

P.S. Have a look at a program called "Gracie Bullyproof" which is BOTH a kiddies' self-confidence and exercise program AND gets the adults involved. So you get to exercise WITH your child(ren) and they get to exercise too.

Funny you should talk about hormones...I actually had a thyroid problem until I got pregnant and it seems fine ever since. I should go get it checked again though so thanks for the reminder! Not a huge baked goods fan so hoping that works in my favour! I adore wine though....I try to stay off it during the week though and use my syns at the weekend to indulge a bit. I will definitely check out that Gracie Bullyproof program though! Thanks so much! x

Back