Bacon - Think I just fluffed up!!

Lucylu79

Gold Member
I'm not a regular eater of bacon to be honest but when I do I always remove the fat or buy the ones without.

I was starving after exercising this morning and instead of the usual grilling I fried it in fry light but cooked the mushrooms in the same pan - Would that be syns really as the bacon fat would of been in the pan??

Oh man, rubbish start to the day!!!

Exercise then bacon and mushrooms, that's a brilliant start to the day in my book!

If you removed the fat from the bacon before cooking then there's no issue in adding the mushrooms, I do it all the time :D

Do you mean you cook it and THEN remove the fat, or do you remove the fat first and then cook it? If you remove the fat first it will always be free aas you would've been eating that anyway.

If you cooked it in and then removed the fat later I still wouldnt worry as it'll be miniscule, only 1 or 2 syns max I would think. Its a one off and its done now anyway, worry not :)

Like ermintrude says though - Its done now :)

Can I just check then for future that technically its better to remove fat before cooking??

Im not sure - I always remove the fat as to me it seems its you're still cooking it in oil/fat, but then I know you can cook chicken etc whole and as long as you remove skin and fat and stuff before eating its OK. I suppose cooking it in its own 'juices' is always going to be better than the amount of oil/butter/lard etc that you'd use otherwise :D So I guess only a minimal amount of its own fat actually gets in it comparitively.

I still always take the fat off mine first though. So sorry, I dont know the answer at all do I, I am just rambling as ever :D

No not at all! I like to hear what others do - If it wasn't for this site and people like you I wouldn't know half the things thats have helped me lose weight on SW!!!!

definitely remove the fat before cooking, as much as is possible if not all, its only lean bacon which is free which means only minuscule amount of fat, if you cannot see any white fat on the bacon before cooking, bonus! once all fat removed it can be cooked any way you like as long as not adding any more fat like oil or butter, fry light is definitely allowed though as free! I generally buy bacon medallions and look through all the packs on shelf to find one with the least visible fat on, this saves time as don't have to cut away fat before cooking but afraid doesn't save money as medallions usually more expensive!!

Back