Bacon

samjay123

Silver Member
I was under the impression this wasn't aloud.
But...
I was just reading the dukan book and it says 'fat reduced bacon' . Does anyone know if this is just bacon with the fat cut off or bacon medallions or is there a certain bacon we are aloud??

Ooh, it would be good to know - we eat turkey rashers but it's not the same as 'real' bacon so if there's a type or brand that's ok it would be great to know about it!:drool:

I used regular bacon through attack with all the fat trimmed off, a full pack a day for breakfast and i lost 6 pounds in my 7 days on attack

That's interesting. I can't understand why it wouldn't be aloud if all fat is trimmed. Only it is quite salty so could cause water retention. But other than that I would say it was quite lean?? Does anyone know ?? Lol

The 'bacon' we have here in France is totally different - no visible fat (although still a fatty meat) and it's not allowed (in the French book at least).

You can see it here.

I'd stick to the official list, personally.

Hi all

It is a bit confussing. I have the 2011 english version of the book(i believe is the latest) and under meat pork is not allowed, under cooked meats fat reduced bacon allowed???????

I use be good to yourself smoked bacon medallions from Sainsbury's as they are low in salt and completely trimmed. They're nice :)

Mirjam said:
I use be good to yourself smoked bacon medallions from Sainsbury's as they are low in salt and completely trimmed. They're nice :)

That's great news! I'll look forward to some bacon and eggs now!

I use those too - or good quality back bacon with all fat removed.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I keep well away.

I'm just [STRIKE]three[/STRIKE] four (YAY!) weeks into a rerererestart, and am following the French book mainly where pork isn't ok in any shape or form (only a disgusting "fat free" ham which is almost transparent and veiny...). Bacon is pork and salt so I don't go there...

I admit that I have been known to eat pork fillet (now that it's ok in the UK). My OH is a butcher and I've seen the ingredients of the "cure" he uses and it contains sugar! I'm not sure if all do, I admit.

If you're losing while eating it, go ahead please... but it'll be one of those things to stop if ever you stall...

Thanks for your helpful response maintainer/jo - i don't eat bacon often but will be mindful to cut it out completely if i think it would help at any point

Back