Bad Breath!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by slimjanine, 6 October 2006 Social URL.

1. slimjanine

slimjanine www.slimjanine.co.uk

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.51%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    :eek: Any suggestions on how to deal with ketosis breath?!! Are there any kind of sugar free mints we are allowed? If not, I guess I can chew parsley - thought doesn't thrill me but at the moment I'm conscious when I speak to people:p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gem8133

Gem8133 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi, I had this problem, and i got so worried when i spoke to people. I have found that the gold spot spray has helped. I am now on day 30 i think lol. One thing i will say and i dont know if anyone else has found this.

The bad breath has seemed to pass at times, alot better now. I keep checking that i am in ketosis with the test strips that i brought from boots, and i still am. I guess i am just lucky at the mo lol.

The gold spot spray did help me though.

Hope this helps:)

4. Brad0053

Brad0053 Silver Member

The advise is (as I understand it) to drink more water and brush your teeth more often.

Be careful what you use and I would check with your counsellor.

TBH, I chewed gum, although there is a risk that chewing gum can make some people feel hungry (not good if you are SSing). It didn't affect me and I found it helped.

The downside is that before the diet, I NEVER chewed gum, not even after the diet, I chew almost all the time. Still, if that was the only drawback, I'll take it.

Good Luck

5. slimjanine

slimjanine www.slimjanine.co.uk

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.51%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Thanks for your replies! I've just been out and brough some Gold Spot but I also found cool mint listerine actives, which disolve on the tongue - does anyone know if these are okay? (I hope so as I've just tried one and they're great!!!):rolleyes:

6. Lil (big) Miss Cheeky

Lil (big) Miss Cheeky Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.08%)
    Just bumping this up, i have also heard the disolving strips are ok, but would like confirmation as im mega paranoid about my breath!! yuk yuk!!

7. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Yes disolving strips are ok - I use Theramed (Superdrug do it in a little handbag size bottle as well) - it is a mouthwash/toothpaste and I find I can use it when I'm out and not need to have sink/water nearby!

It does tend to get better - and as Brad says more water!!!!! Isn't that the answer for most things on here????!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.